Installing Mods without normal "<Item></Item>" syntax
I have been trying to install some map mods, some which on their readme file say "paste 'dlcpacks:/[modname]/' inside dlc.rpf"
So i followed along with that and pasted exactly that (odviously with the proper modname) and when i load into the game it doesn't work.
I then tried to add "<Item>" before the text, and "</Item>" after. It still doesn't work.
Im using the latest GTA version, and the latest script hook version.
Thanks in advance. Im sorry if this is a dumb question.
Copy these three lines to a blank txt file, overwrite only this line, copy all & post into gta5-mods forum post.
Detailed codeblock instructions:
- copy the three lines above into a '.txt' file (any empty one will do)
- then open 'dlclist.xml', press Ctrl+A (to select everything in there) & then Ctrl+C (to copy everything)
- Back to your open '.txt' file, highlight all the words on the middle line & then hit Ctrl+P (to paste you dlclist data & replace the words on the middle line)
- Then hit Ctrl+A again (to select everything in there) & then Ctrl+C again (to copy everything)
- Back here on gta5-mods, use Ctrl+P to paste the data into a reply/post
If you remove a few other dlc's from your 'dlclist.xml' & the map/s start loading, that would suggest you've hit your dlc limit. To fix, you would want to combine add-ons together into add-on car packs to reduce the overall number of dlc's.
That, or perhaps a different 'gameconfig.xml' might give you a higher number of dlc slots to utilize.
Also, if you're still having issues, link to the map mods you are talking about