Orient X and Orient Y

• I'm editing h4islandxtower.ymap (the files that handle the spawning of idle vehicles in Cayo Perico) and I've got it down smack, but I have no idea what Orient X or Orient Y means. Could someone tell me?

Here's some rockstar original code that is perfect (the Stafford in front of El Rubio's compound) and here's the code I copied.

<Item>
      <position x="4985.20200000" y="-5694.51500000" z="20.59598000"/>
      <orientX value="-5.45548900"/>
      <orientY value="-3.53378200"/>
      <perpendicularLength value="2.99999900"/>
      <carModel>stafford</carModel>
      <flags value="1633"/>
      <bodyColorRemap1 value="-1"/>
      <bodyColorRemap2 value="-1"/>
      <bodyColorRemap3 value="-1"/>
      <bodyColorRemap4 value="-1"/>
      <popGroup/>
      <livery value="-1"/>
    </Item>

<Item>
      <position x="4477.00000000" y="-4458.00000000" z="5.17300000"/>
      <orientX value="0.00000000"/>
      <orientY value="151.44700000"/>
      <perpendicularLength value="3.20641900"/>
      <carModel>velum2</carModel>
      <flags value="3680"/>
      <bodyColorRemap1 value="-1"/>
      <bodyColorRemap2 value="-1"/>
      <bodyColorRemap3 value="-1"/>
      <bodyColorRemap4 value="-1"/>
      <popGroup/>
      <livery value="-1"/>
    </Item>

• @zunalegend My guess would be the rotation on the game's plane? In other words, the pitch and yaw? (roll would not be relevant on the ground for a vehicle). Just guessing. What happens when you play with these variables?

• Playing with the variables rotates the plane, but I've got no idea how to bend the system to my will.

I did some research, and this system is based on Euler angles, and rotating the X or Y axis would have the vehicle's front face up or down, so no idea.

I tried adding an orientZ value and that ended with the plane not spawning at all.

• @zunalegend interesting. I just tried something. I created a vehicle, reset the rotation with menyoo and then saved the map. Then i rotated the same vehicle a few degrees and saved again. I compared the two files and indeed they had 5 not 6 coordinates. But this is rotation of the object whereas you are seeing rotation of the entire map plane? Anyway i was just curious, not a ymap builder.

• The vehicle I am using is the Velum 5-Seater. I am seeing rotation of just one vehicle, my bad.

none of the r* made spawns have either orient have an absolute value higher than 7 so i dont think its based on degrees
    could be based on a different system but i'm in 9th grade so no idea what it could be

• FYI i want the spawn to look like this
    (https://imgur.com/Y1ssE9j)

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.