Heads up everyone

• R* released an unexpected update for RDR2 about a half an hour ago, and it seems they are gonna release one for GTAV sometime soon according to the SteamDB.

So to everyone, backup your game files to avoid the inevitable issue of ScriptHookV being broken and unable to play the game with mods.

Files to backup:

GTA5.exe
    GTAVLauncher.exe
    update > update.rpf
    PlayGTAV.exe

Steam version: Let Steam update the game, then revert to the previous version of the game to continue playing with mods

R* Games Launcher: You'll need a launcher bypass in order to play on the previous version, as the R* Launcher will re download the files at the first chance it gets

And please, refrain from posting unnecessary topics about the same issue. There is no need to. Thanks.

• @WGotch07 Sadly you do realize if there is an update, the forum will be flooded with multiple threads with questions like "why can't I play my mods" and "when is the new SH coming".

Last time, for unknown reasons the update didn't work for me, it left system unstable.
    So i took the new update.rpf only and kept my old game files. So I have the Los Santos Tuner update but running 2245 versions of GTA5.exe and SH. In other words, I may never update GTA5 files nor SH again - just the update files if its worth it given I don't play GTAO and don't use vanilla cars, just addons.

• R* pushed out an update 20 or so minutes ago. Game version is now 1.0.2372.2 ScriptHookV does not need a update it seems.

• @WGotch07 said in Heads up everyone:

R* released an unexpected update for RDR2 about a half an hour ago, and it seems they are gonna release one for GTAV sometime soon according to the SteamDB.

So to everyone, backup your game files to avoid the inevitable issue of ScriptHookV being broken and unable to play the game with mods.

Files to backup:

GTA5.exe
    GTAVLauncher.exe
    update > update.rpf
    PlayGTAV.exe

Steam version: Let Steam update the game, then revert to the previous version of the game to continue playing with mods

R* Games Launcher: You'll need a launcher bypass in order to play on the previous version, as the R* Launcher will re download the files at the first chance it gets

And please, refrain from posting unnecessary topics about the same issue. There is no need to. Thanks.

Saw this post a little too late :disappointed: as I was just about to post :laughing:
    I wasn't even able to load into SP after updating. Crashed at loading screen. I'm not getting any SH errors after crash though?.. I tried to adjust my gameconfig a bit and was able to load into game but crashes after a minute or 2. Anyone else having this issue?

• @DugiHowser I don't know, everything still works after the update on my end. Could it be the gameconfig your using causing it?

• @DugiHowser @WGotch07 My game crashed as well, about 3/4 the way through the loading screens. Changed my gameconfig and that worked. But in my case I was still on the previous version of GTA5 but with the Tuner dlc installed - a hybrid version if you want.

• @JohnFromGWN @WGotch07 I tried various versions of the previous gameconfigs and found that the initial Tuners released gameconfig worked "best". Meaning allowed me to play for the longest period of time before I crashed. Got past the loading screen and played for a few minutes before I was swept away back into windows. I read under the config posts that others are experiencing the same issues. Others report that its working just fine but not ones mods are setup the same. I'm not to keen on making my own adjustments in the config but hope that the author will release a new update soon to fix the issue :fingers_crossed:

• @DugiHowser not sure which one you're using but i switched to this one with good results.
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/gameconfig-xml-dilapidated

• @JohnFromGWN I use this gameconfig stock gta traffic:
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/gta-5-gameconfig-300-cars#comments_tab
    But wow! The one you recommended worked! or at least I think it did. I managed to drive around the whole map without any issues. Thank you so much!

• T@DugiHowser it's hit or miss with gameconfig files

• @JohnFromGWN True but when up to date the one I usually use I never have issues with. If I knew more about configs I'd try to modify them on my own but sadly I do not :disappointed:

• It seems another update is on it's way. Be prepared for it, good chance it'll break ScriptHookV.

• @WGotch07 I think you mean be prepared for the forums to be flooded with "Help. Game suddenly doesn't work".

• @JohnFromGWN Be prepared in as backing up files so you can continue to play with mods, instead of being fucked by the update then come here to whinge about what you said.

• @WGotch07 I posted a thread, hopefully 1 or 2 people will actually read it and follow the advice. Feel free to add any corrections or anything i missed.

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/35523/what-you-need-to-do-for-the-next-gta-update

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.