Add-On Car Causes Crash When Trying to Enter - HELP! -

• I'm trying to use this add-on car (https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/grotti-itali-gto-n-larga-custom-add-on#comments_tab) in a custom car pack that I've created with several add-on cars.

The game keeps crashing to desktop when I try to enter the car - usually when I spawn the car using Simple Trainer, the character just warps inside of the car ready to drive. This car spawns next to the character and when I try to enter it, the game just crashes to desktop.

I think I've narrowed down the problem to the fact that there is no unique 'vehiclelayouts.meta' file to indicate how the character should get in etc.

The add-on works on its own - if I add it as a single add-on car and put the line in 'dlclist.xml', it works fine. However, I have > 300 add on cars and all of them are in their own custom DLC.rpf files so that I have < 10 lines of add-on stuff in the 'dlclist.xml.' I do NOT want to add single vehicles to my dlclist and so I need help in figuring out how to make this work.

How do I create a custom vehiclelayouts.meta file for this car? I tried copying the default vehiclelayouts.meta file and just put 'italigton_vehiclelayouts.meta' (added it to the content.xml file also) but that doesn't even spawn the car! It crashes to desktop right away when trying to spawn it.

Any ideas?

• @Suzerain001 It uses the default layout from the vanilla Itali GTO (<layout>LAYOUT_LOW_ITALIGTO</layout>).
    Only thing I can think of is either you don't have the latest game version or disabled the 'mpchristmas2018' dlcpack.

• @Suzerain001
    Upload your custom car pack's 'setup2.xml' to somewhere like mediafire & post a link to here. :thumbsup:

Alternatively, post everything in 'setup2.xml' here using a codeblock:

Codeblock:

```xml
    Copy these three lines to a blank txt file, overwrite only this line, copy all & post into gta5-mods forum post.
    ```

Detailed codeblock instructions:

• copy the three lines above into a '.txt' file (any empty one will do)
    • then open 'setup2.xml', press Ctrl+A (to select everything in there) & then Ctrl+C (to copy everything)
    • Back to your open '.txt' file, highlight all the words on just the middle line & then hit Ctrl+P (to paste you setup2 data & replace the words)
    • Then hit Ctrl+A again (to select everything in there) & then Ctrl+C again (to copy everything)
    • Back here on gta5-mods, use Ctrl+P to paste the data into a reply/post & post it :thumbsup:

• @Dunz
    Doesn't appear to be anything wrong in your 'setup2.xml' :thinking:

Try editing 'vehicles.meta' to use a base game/non-dlc layout instead:

Example: (test each line individually)

<layout>LAYOUT_LOW</layout> 
          <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_BFINJECTION</layout>
          <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_RESTRICTED</layout>
          <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_CHEETAH</layout>
          <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_DUNE</layout>
          <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_INFERNUS</layout>
          <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_ENTITYXF</layout>
          <layout>LAYOUT_LOW_SENTINEL2</layout>

Just look out for heads appearing through roof, feet through the floor & weird steering wheel hand positions, but if that works then it's directly related to the game being unable to find the vehicle's layouts file (seen issues like that with moved 'mpchristmas2018' dlc vehicles before, even with 'setup2.xml' set to '<type>EXTRACONTENT_COMPAT_PACK</type>' & '<isLevelPack value="false" />, no idea what causes it?!)

• @a63nt-5m1th yes editing vehicle.meta is work, but when I drive it my GTA is crash

• @Dunz
    You'll be better off creating your own thread with all the exact details of the issue you are facing.
    It just gets too confusing when trying to answer different issues in the same thread.
    When you create your own, remember to be specific, try & give the person reading as much information as you can.

Some things that are useful to know:

Example:

• Does it crash immediately on entering the vehicle or some time afterwards?
    • Is there an error message? If so, tell us what it said.
    • What vehicle is it? If add-on/replace link to the download.
    • Did you fix your original issue & this is a new one or the same issue?
    • Is your thread here the same issue as you have now? (if so, that is not the same issue as the op in this thread & hijacking someone else's thread, especially with a different issue, will not help you, as the solution to their issue will not apply to yours & you will just waste time trying things that will never fix it)

That's just a few examples.

So yeah, either create a new thread, or if the issue is the same & hasn't changed, edit your old thread & add more info. Don't spare the keyboard, the more information you provide, the easier it will be for someone to figure out exactly what is wrong. :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th I create standalone addon car, bofore it my created addon car not have problem like this, but this one addon car I don't know to fix that. this link my addon car maybe can helpme to fix that, sorry about my english not good I from indonesia, and still learn to english :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hknUClWPKCpLcaVM-EQUqITodlwIXTpX/view?usp=sharing

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.