How to make custom livery
What I need to use to make a custom livery
The reason you haven't got an answer to this quickly is because you haven't been specific & detailed enough with your question .
By all means be concise, but it's always best to make sure that the reader knows exactly what your situation is. Most people can read quick, they just can't quickly answer a question that lacks specifics & has multiple interpretations to it.
For example, your question could relate to:
- Zmodeler3 & creating your own car with a custom livery
- Trying to add a custom livery to a car that does not support liveries by default
- Trying to add a custom livery to a car that does support liveries (I'm going to answer this one )
- Grab yourself a car that has a 'template' included in the download.
- You can find them by searching for 'template' on the main site.
- A template will look somewhat like this:
- The template will show you where your design will show up on the vehicle once you turn it into a livery
- Next, you want to find an art/picture program that can use layers. GIMP or Paint.NET both can (probably others in that link too).
- Open up the template with your art program of your choice.
- Create a new empty layer on top of the template picture.
- Design your custom livery on that new layer using the template layer as a guide.
- Delete the template layer, leaving only your custom design layer.
- Save the file (.png will do).
- Open up the vehicle's '.ytd' (that contains it's textures) using OpenIV's Texture Editor
- Replace one of the vehicle's pre-existing liveries with your custom texture '.png' you saved earlier.
- Load up the game & test the look of your new custom livery using your trainer of choice to spawn the car & select your livery.
That's the basics anyway. Should be enough to get you started
omg thank yo so muchhhh.
@a63nt-5m1th You forgot one important point, you need to have artistic talent.
You forgot one important point, you need to have artistic talent.
You left out one crucial point-creative ability is required.
@a63nt-5m1th Trying to add a custom livery to a car that does not support liveries by default lol you know the answer to this
Whether it'll work or not totally depends on how the vehicle has been UV mapped. If it has one big texture that covers all of the paintwork, then you can edit that & give the vehicle one livery. If however the mod author chose to create a tiny colour texture & tile that repeatedly across the entire paintwork, you'll generally just end up with a checkerboard effect across the paintwork & be limited to using only tiled texture designs (like tiled camo ones etc).
To change the way a vehicle is UV mapped, you'd have to use ZModeler3 for that (15 day free trial available, but monthly subscription required after that).
If you link to the vehicle in question, I'll tell you whats possible with it, if you're not sure etc
@a63nt-5m1th How would you know the texture the covers the paintwork?