White boxes on screen

• I have no idea whats the problem. I've had a couple of mods but this issue started a few weeks ago. All mods are working properly though. Any insights will help.
    When I zoom using a sniper, white small boxes appear. They are like 5x5 cm, and they may appear like 4 or more, even blocking the target. All happens when I'm driving but not that much.
    Here's the picture:
    https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/86324381/132218033-d2567344-e794-4b27-b8c1-608dfd476c1d.png

As you can see, those a multiple boxes. Sometimes its just one. Kindly help. Thanks.

• @Yunky contact mod author, missing textures?

• @Yunky
    Not sure :thinking:, but here are a few places to look:

core.ypt:
    Backup your 'mods' folder 'update.rpf' (so you can revert if no change) & then use Ctrl+F3 in OpenIV to search for 'core.ypt'.
    You'll find four of them, but you are only interested in the three that are in 'update.rpf' here:

...\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\patch\data\effects\ptfx_lo.rpf\core.ypt
    here:
    ...\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\patch\data\effects\ptfx.rpf\core.ypt
    & here:
    ..\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\patch\data\effects\ptfx_hi.rpf\core.ypt

Replace them with the three vanilla equivalents from the vanilla game folder & test load the game to see if they fix your issue. If so, it's either corruption or erroneous values inside those files causing the issue.

If that is confirmed to be the issue, & you're sure you haven't installed any 'core.ypt'/ptfx mods previously, that should be your issue fixed. If you have however installed a mod to edit those files before, perhaps try reinstalling it again, but if the same thing happens down the line, look for a different 'core.ypt' mod etc, as it's likely unstable.

GPU Drivers:
    If it's nothing to do with 'core.ypt', other things to try would be to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall your GPU drivers in Windows Safe Mode (& then boot back into Windows normally & reinstall drivers like normal, grab a new download too, so everything is fresh).

Issue with certain game settings:
    Also, test disabling certain in-game graphics settings. Especially MSAA/Anti-aliasing, Reflection MSAA, & Tesselation (if used etc), but try others too & see if it is resolved? You can use 'settings.xml' in your Documents folder (...Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\settings.xml) to set values to '0' pretty quickly & easily & then test load the game & check. It'll look like :poop: while testing, but could offer good diagnostic info.
    Obvs, make a backup of the 'settings.xml' you have already, before editing anything. :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th Good advice. What about the possibility of a conflict with another mod, one also using the mouse wheel, assuming he is using the default key bindings and a keyboard. I was thinking one of these mods that replaces the weapons wheel, might explain why textures are trying to render where there aren't any. Would not explain behavior while driving however. The fact that his system was fine before certainly points to a change, from the low probability of a windows update to the high probability of an additional mod installation. Perhaps that mod, if that's the case, played with the textures in core.ypt and or keybindings. These mods that modify files can potentially cause some interesting issues.

• @JohnFromGWN
    Can't rule anything out :thumbsup:. Worst case, GPU might be on it's way out :slight_frown: (but hope not).
    Looks the same as this issue (just not quite as bad :neutral_face: ). Unfortnately, there's no answer in the Reddit thread associated with those pics. Only that FiveM &/or NaturalVision Evolved (NVE) may be involved (something may have gone wrong installing them etc).

@Yunky
    Another thing to try might be defaulting to vanilla the 'cameras.ymt' file here:

...\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\data\metadata\cameras.ymt

That has stuff associated with zooming in with a sniper rifle in it (as well as a lot of other camera settings). Might have got corrupted slightly etc

If nothing above or in the previous posts gives you anything, see if you can get some more screenshots of where it happens. See if that gives us any clues :thinking:.
    Also a list of the mods you have installed & a few more general details about when it started happening, where it's worst (presume sniping on that), how often it happens, is there anything that makes it more or less likely to happen? Is it a new GPU etc?
    Just data dump all the info you have on it, we'll filter through it :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th Thanks for the detailed solution. Let me try those and see.
    Amazingly, replacing the coreyt's have greatly reduced them. Especially while driving, they're totally gone. The sniper though still shows them, but I can work with that.
    https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/86324381/132701084-9c2e72c1-cf17-4f7a-8324-b99c5984c9f9.png

• @JohnFromGWN True...There's this Monstrous car(335 BRM) which I had before, and was running well which used to crash my game, but then I figured out the solution by disabling AutoRepair in Vehicle God Mod Settings.
    I first noticed the white stuff while in that car, but the whitishnesh started after the recent update.
    It might be the games update, or the uneending Windows update. Let me try the cores.ypt, then try using other weapon's wheel. Let me first confirm if removing the mod really works even though I didn't want to, since there were no issues before.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.