Delete online dlcpacks in order to keep only story mode

• Hi, hope you are all right.
    I have the game on epic store on my PC. I only play it on story mode and I realized that online content uses like 45gb, so I wanted to know if anyone knows which files should I keep on the "dlcpacks" folder and on the dlclist.xls in order to free some space and play the game only in story mode.

I looked at a similar topic here ( https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/22250/removing-the-junk ) but I'm not quite sure which files could I delete to keep the game playable for story mode.

Note: I ran the game with all the dlc files deleted, and it ran well until the end of the first mission that it doesn't show any cop. Then, I tried keeping only the files "patchdayng" and it stopped working just after the first mission.

Thanks for your help beforehand

• @anotheridiot25 i think you can remove most of them, i did as a test, only impact was on mp characters.

• @JohnFromGWN said in Delete online dlcpacks in order to keep only story mode:

@anotheridiot25 i think you can remove most of them, i did as a test, only impact was on mp characters.

Thanks for your answer.

I tried keeping only the files "patchdayng" and it didn't work well, but now that I think about it, I didn't edit the dlclist.xls and probably that was the problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

By any chance, do you have the list of files you kept?

• @anotheridiot25
    I wasn't there when the game came out but it's obvious most of the DLC is just online crap. However there may have been a patch here and there for SP - I doubt there were any critical fixes but you'll find out and it's an easy fix if there is. I don't use the game cars so any that came out in DLC are of no use to me. I hate the MP female so no loss there. Ironically, the DLC content that's interesting like Cayo Perico is not available in SP but is available with a trainer or in my case I downloaded a world called Cayo Perico North which has the map with traffic.

What i did with my setup is a little complicated but hopefully it might help. I have 9 Mod folders. Each of them have Los Santos combined with another world. To minimize duplication (HDD space is not an issue though) I put the dlcpacks in a folder called DLC in my root folder. All 9 Mod folders share this DLC - all the mods, vehicles, maps, and worlds.

Most of the 9 Mod folders have 0 DLC updates. The only exception was if certain dlcpacks had to be modified. The issues I've encountered, and it's been about 1 week now, is just with the MP male not having some outfits. For example, the policeman outfit was missing so I guess it came from DLC but I didn't bother to look for which one specifically. I might later when I have the time.
    So while I have just been in free roam rather than story mode, I haven't had issues yet. If I do, I'll just add the files back from the original game (verify integrity). The packs I did keep:
    mpheist
    mppatchesng
    patchday19ng
    patchday1ng
    patchday24ng

• @JohnFromGWN

Thanks a lot man.
    I just have a couple of questions.

If I delete the files, I should edit dlclist.xls, right?

And the other thing, if your game has any issue, how can you tell that it will be fix with a specific dlc file so you don't add them all?

• @anotheridiot25 No, you don't have to do anything to dlclist.xml, the missing files will be ignored.

How will I know which files are missing if there's an issue? Good question but I don't have the answer.

Found these sites which cover the changes over time.

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V/Title_Update_Notes

https://www.gtaboom.com/gta-online-update-dlc-history/

The worst case scenario? I put 10 packs back and see if it fixes the problem. If not, I delete those and put another 10 until I find the right ones.

Than i delete 5 and see if it still works, if not it's in the other 5 etc...

But again, disk space is not an issue, it's more for stability in my case - the less crap loads, the better.

• @JohnFromGWN
    Ok I get.
    Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.