Addon vehicles or replace vehicle high-beam headlight problem

• Hi does anyone know the cause of some of my addon vehicles having problematic high beam headlights?

When i use some addon mod, when the high beam is turned on, lights are angled towards the sky instead of paving the way far ahead, which is unrealistic for night drive. This happens on some mods and other mods high beam worked fine, I wonder how these problematic mods can be fixed.

I tried to change settings in carcols.meta and carvariations.meta but i guess the problem can come from the mod itself........

Does anyone know how to fix this?

• @MoonshineTT

• Grab these textures
    • Extract them using WinRAR/7zip etc
    • Using OpenIV, 'Import' (top left of OpenIV Texture Viewer once opened '.ytd' with it) the textures into 'graphics.ytd' (Ctrl+F3 in OpenIV to search mods folder, if not sure of location. If multiple (in just the mods folder), import to one loaded by game, or just import to both etc)
    • There are 5 textures in 'Headlights Fix.rar':

vehiclelight_car_higher - Raises headlight beam slightly. Use if headlights are shining low/at road etc.
    vehiclelight_car_lower_1 - Lowers headlight beam slighty. Use if headlights are shining a little high.
    vehiclelight_car_lower_2 - Lowers headlight beam slighty more.
    vehiclelight_car_lower_3 - Lowers headlight beam a lot more.
    vehiclelight_car_lower_4 - Lowers headlight beam a huge amount. Use if headlights are shining way too high up into the sky etc.

• Once the textures are in 'graphics.ytd', depending on how much you want to raise/lower them by, use their names to set the '<textureName>' in the '<headLight>' section of whatever 'carcols.ymt/.meta' '<Lights>' section your vehicle uses:

Example:

<headLight>
            <intensity value="1.500000" />
            <falloffMax value="35.000000" />
            <falloffExponent value="16.000000" />
            <innerConeAngle value="0.000000" />
            <outerConeAngle value="60.000000" />
            <emmissiveBoost value="false" />
            <color value="0xFF7FA7E3" />
            <textureName>vehiclelight_car_lower_1</textureName> <!-- <<< this line here -->
            <mirrorTexture value="false" />
          </headLight>

Info:
    You can also edit the textures or create your own exact ones for certain vehicles. They can be named anything you want. As long as they are in 'graphics.ytd' & named the same in the '<textureName>' line in the '<headLight>' section in carcols, they will work :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th Thank you so so much, I followed these steps and it worked. The high beam now work properly, but new problem occurred, The low beam now only shines a little in front of the car.......Any way to keep both high and low beam work properly at same time? Thank you again !

• @MoonshineTT

That sort of thing usually needs fixed in ZModeler, but maybe try increasing the '<inner/outerConeAngle' in carcols '<headLight>' section.

carcols:

<headLight>
            <intensity value="1.500000" />
            <falloffMax value="35.000000" />
            <falloffExponent value="16.000000" />
            <innerConeAngle value="0.000000" />
            <outerConeAngle value="60.000000" />  <!-- try increasing this first -->
            <emmissiveBoost value="false" />
            <color value="0xFF7FA7E3" />
            <textureName>VehicleLight_car_LED1</textureName>
            <mirrorTexture value="false" />
          </headLight>

Maybe use that above in combination with small edits to 'visualsettings.dat' 'car.headlights.aim' values:

Note:
    These values in 'visualsettings.dat' will affect all vehicles, but you might be able to find a compromise changing your values ever so slightly:

visualsettings.dat:

car.headlights.aim.fullbeam.mod	0.0
    car.headlights.aim.dippedbeam.mod	0.2
    car.headlights.aim.fullbeam.angle	0.0
    car.headlights.aim.dipeedbeam.angle	0.0

No spelling mistakes in above example by the by, that's just how R* spell 'dipped' sometimes (ie 'dipeedbeam'). lol

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.