dlcpacks - load order?

• I'm trying to make la revo and rca work together and for some reason, I can't. is there some load order when installing DLC packs and one overwrites the other? how do you fix this? I figured you could just install the least important first then the top priority last and it overwrites that way but maybe not? anyone can help?

• @yellowboy06 If you changed the order of the two items in dlclist.xml, and it made no difference, then you answered your own question. If you're using the patreon version of the mod you should ask the author if the two mods play well together or if they conflict. Interestingly, if the two mods don't work together, why would one loading before the other change anything - unless they were specifically designed to do that which isn't the case?

What I can tell you is that RCA is very stable unless you add other mods which serve a similar purpose.

• dont know whats the deal, couldve sworn the ls subway system entrances were working well like the one near the airport then suddenly I see it is back to vanilla and the ground glitches back and forth between modded and vanilla. i was having an issue yesterday where the santa monica sign would stay vanilla but have santa monica lods, but somehow that got fixed by reinstalling or something idk. does DLClist make a difference? cant quite understand how load order of conflicts work with this game

• looked in codewalker and the signs on the roof of underground metro subway flicker between vanilla and modded or something, and the ground in game which flickers strangely is purple in codewalker

• @yellowboy06 said in dlcpacks - load order?:

looked in codewalker and the signs on the roof of underground metro subway flicker between vanilla and modded or something, and the ground in game which flickers strangely is purple in codewalker

ok that issue turns out may be related to rockstar bug and I just uninstalled gta thinking it was me FUK!

• If they are dlcpacks, the load order is defined in the setup2 file. The game will load all vanilla items first, then move through the different load orders from smallest to largest, I am yet to work out what the game loads if two load orders are the same, I assume its just the order in which they're listed in dlclist, but I need to test that.

When the game moves through the information in the dlcpacks it over-writes any information that is already loaded, this is how many of the games patches work.

• @yellowboy06 my dlclist is setup by grouping related mods and dlc, about as far from the vanilla one as you can get and never noticed any differences.

The spawn order however is a different matter. I've spawned glitched peds and the order in which they spawn will determine if they spawn correctly or glitched.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.