Help with understanding popcycle/popgroups

• Hey there, I am using the Pull me over mod and it comes with Cops on Patrol (spawns police in traffic). However I find that the amount of police spawning in is a little too much. The files Cops on Patrol changes are popcycle and popgroups. Can anyone share some light on which values do what to decrease the spawning of the police to a more "realistic" feel?

• @DugiHowser I got the toned down version of Cops on Patrol that I have adjusted myself. Meaning: I heavily reduce the cop cars and cop peds that you see on the streets using 'Cops on Patrol' mod. But I don't have permission from the mod author from the 'Pull Me Over' mod to just drop it here on this site and make it available for download

• @NaijaMango Thank you!

• @Greenlandium I understand. Could you tell me which items you changed and where at least?
    Don't get me wrong, I love the mod however, I feel there are way to many cops in Sandy and on Route 68. For such a small area it feels like they are spawning in as every other car. In the City I feel it is okay since its heavily populated.

• @DugiHowser
    CHECK THE INSTRUCTIONS DOWN BELOW

THESE PICTURES ARE FROM THE 'POPCYCLE.DAT' FILE
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

'Pic. 1' and 'Pic. 2' are from the original 'Cops on Patrol' mod.
    'Pic. 3' and 'Pic. 4' are from my "toned down version" of 'Cops on Patrol'.
    All the pictures are focusing on the same street (Alta Street).
    Now focus on the two black squares in 'Pic. 3': 'Black square 1' and 'Black square 1.1'.
    Those two black squares are connected because they are dealing with peds on that particular street.
    Inside 'Black square 2' in 'Pic. 4', those are all the cars on that particular street.
    BLUE and RED squares are connected because they are dealing with the same particular ped types, OR the same particular car types.
    Now, compare the numbers inside the red squares to the original 'Cops on Patrol' numbers ('Pic. 1', 'Pic. 2').
    You can see that I have adjusted all of the numbers inside the red squares.
    You can see that I have reduced the numbers from the 'PercCopPed' column inside 'Black square 1'
    You can also see that I have reduced the numbers from the 'VEH_POLICE' column inside 'Black square 2'.
    By reducing those numbers, we will effectively reduce the cop cars and cop peds on that street.
    But you can see that I have actually increased the numbers from the 'Alta_StreetGeneral' column and 'VEH_MID' column.
    If you reduce the cops on that street, you will have to increase the numbers from other columns. Otherwise you will see less peds or less cars on that street. And your game might start to crash.
    Example: You reduce the values of 'VEH_POLICE' (cop cars) by 1, then you will have to increase the values of, in this particular street I have chosen to increase 'VEH_MID' column's values by 1. You reduce the cop cars values by 5, then you increase your chosen column's values by 5.
    It is really up to you to choose which column you will want to increase the numbers of.
    If you reduce the cop cars, you can increase the numbers from 'VEH_TRANSPORT', 'VEH_LARGE_CITY', 'VEH_BIKES', or 'VEH_MID' columns from this particular street.
    The same thing with peds. If you reduce the cop peds, then you will have to increase the values of your chosen column; 'Alta_Business' or Alta_Tr... etc. etc.
    You don't have to change the other numbers that are OUTSIDE those 3 black squares, on that street.
    Now you just have to adjust all of the numbers from 'PercCopPed', 'VEH_POLICE' and other columns from other streets or roads that you want to change.
    Keep in mind; there are also 'VEH_SHERIFF' and 'VEH_FIB' cars that you can also reduce the numbers of, if you want to.
    Another thing that you should keep in mind is that you don't have to change anything from the streets whose name that starts with: "NET". For example 'NET_Vinewood', 'NET_Army', 'Net_...' etc. etc. You will find them at the bottom half of the file. Just leave them as they are.
    And you don't have to touch the 'popgroups.ymt', if you just want to reduce or increase the cop cars and cop peds. It is not necessary.
    DONE!

I know this seems a bit complicated. But once you get hang of it, it is actually quite simple. Hopefully, this will help you.

• @DugiHowser The short instruction: Reduce the values from 'PercCopPed' and 'VEH_POLICE'. By reducing them, you will reduce the cops. Then increase your chosen column's values inside 'Black square 1.1' and 'Black square 2'.

• @Greenlandium AMAZING! Thank you so much my friend :smile:

• @DugiHowser No problem : ]

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.