Realism Mods

• Hey all,

I'm after a way to have the below mods installed combined without crashing, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

• Redux
    • 200 replacement cars mod (By Gameplay Review)
    • Add on cars mod (By Gameplay Review)
    • Sparkys traffic overhaul mod

I can get them all to work except the traffic overhaul mod. When I add that it crashes. Without it, there is no variety of cars in the traffic and it looks wrong.

Basically I'm after realistic cars, a good variety of them that appear in traffic while running the Redux mod.

Can anyone please help?

• hi dude

• @Lakeshow2482 said in Realism Mods:

Hey all,

I'm after a way to have the below mods installed combined without crashing, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

• Redux
    • 200 replacement cars mod (By Gameplay Review)
    • Add on cars mod (By Gameplay Review)
    • Sparkys traffic overhaul mod

I can get them all to work except the traffic overhaul mod. When I add that it crashes. Without it, there is no variety of cars in the traffic and it looks wrong.

Basically I'm after realistic cars, a good variety of them that appear in traffic while running the Redux mod.

Can anyone please help?

I'm surprised the 200 replaced cars doesn't crash your game. It did for me when I tried it in the past. I can't say for sure but I think the car pack is the problem not the overhaul mod. Have you tried to play for a couple hours without Sparkys traffic overhaul mod to see if the game runs stable? Car replace mods can be tricky and can cause the game to crash at random times. Can be 5 minutes in or after 2hrs. Sometimes the only way you will see it crash is when the car spawns in traffic only.
    Try Sparkys traffic overhaul mod and nothing else. Play the game for a couple hours. If it crashes then you know for sure its that. If it doesn't then add the replaced cars. Play for another couple hours especially missions! Missions spawn certain cars in traffic and can be a good way to spot a bad car replace mod. When I tried that 200 replaced cars I remember that I crashed during the first 3 story missions.
    I replaced just about every car in the game 1 by 1 and took months. Its by far the most tedious thing I have done but worth it in the long run.

• Yeah wow, nice work!I've thought about replacing one by one too, as it seems the only safe way, and what I want to achieve is just real cars, traffic variety and graphics overhaul, and that 200 replace pack seems to cause lots of dramas.

I ended up deleting all my mods, and installing only Revo, and that seems to be good so far as it comes with it's own car pack, and I'm just adding some cars myself as I go. Only issues is that the names of the cars don't match, which is a little annoying, and I'm new to the GTA modding world so having trouble renaming cars at this stage, and doing the story mode with this mod on, there's some weird stuff going on.

• @Lakeshow2482 said in Realism Mods:

Yeah wow, nice work!I've thought about replacing one by one too, as it seems the only safe way, and what I want to achieve is just real cars, traffic variety and graphics overhaul, and that 200 replace pack seems to cause lots of dramas.

Good you stuck with Revo. Its a paid mod but since you are paying for it you'll know that it will work :p I was also going to say the Redux could be the culprit as well since it modifies the dispatch.meta and popcycles.dat which can also crash the game and be the hardest to pinpoint. Since Redux has been abandoned for a while and not updated since, I recommend staying away.

I ended up deleting all my mods, and installing only Revo, and that seems to be good so far as it comes with it's own car pack, and I'm just adding some cars myself as I go. Only issues is that the names of the cars don't match, which is a little annoying, and I'm new to the GTA modding world so having trouble renaming cars at this stage, and doing the story mode with this mod on, there's some weird stuff going on.

You'll see that most replace cars are not story/cutscene friendly because the creators did not either, make them properly or not base the replacement off the original exactly ie: spoiler locations, bumpers, doors, etc. that cars in cutscenes have scripts for. (There is no way to change the scripts either). There are some cars that will work perfectly and others are a horrible mess. Trust me as that was one of the most frustrating things to test for me :sweat_smile:
    I strongly recommend you give this a read as it is very helpful with replacing cars. This actually helped solve many of my issues when I started replacing cars on my own. My tidbit of advice is to keep the files 15MB or below if all possible :wink:
    https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/14636/here-s-how-to-replace-as-many-cars-as-you-want-without-crashing

• Yeah definitely know what you mean! Thanks for the tip man, might try replacing my own as you did over the Xmas break

• @Lakeshow2482 No problem :thumbsup:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.