[MAP][WIP] Real California Architecture

• @Vlad oh okay. looking forward it. Whats going to be on the new update?

• @Neutralization
    Added:
    New freeway signs
    AMC Theatre in Santa Monica
    Urban Outfitters in Santa Monica
    Real Interstate Shields and State Routes
    Roadside props (Los Angeles County Call Box, Riverside County Call Box)
    Streetside props (LAPD Video Monitoring Warning Sign)

Fixed:
    Freeway signs - Freeways to proper directions.

It's not really much, but freeway signs was reworked so many times for this update. But still not all freeway signs was updated. Freeway signs updates not will be very noticeble for other people, but very noticeble for me.

Also, last time i'm starting to be tired more fast than usually, i don't know why, but it's a main reason why update is taking more time :(

@_Vlad_ Sending you much respect and appreciation for your kind tlgift of time and technical artworks. :bow_tone1:

• @Vlad Hey vlad, do you know what files the golf course is located?

• @Neutralization hey, it's here : x64l.rpf\levels\gta5_cityw\beverly_01\bh1_43.rpf\

• Since there is Golf Course talk now then how about making something with golf course?

@_Vlad_ I just saw the the screen below posted in the screenshot thread by @GanjaHouse

alt text

It reminded me of the real-life "Comedy Store" in Los Angeles. I believe that the in-game location is correct in terms of comparison to other note worthy landmarks. Here is an image of the real Comedy Store:

alt text

@HeySlickThatsMe well the GTA 5 golf course is based on the Los Angeles Country Club I believe. Editing signage or the building front could be done I guess. But the layout of the holes and the terrain is incorrect. @_Vlad_ is striving for realism. I don't know if it is possible to make such drastic terrain changes, it likely wouldn't be easy/fun, and in the end probably wouldn't be noticeable or game enhancing to many players. Just my thoughts of course.

• So, i'm building the update, after that i will need to make a final ingame test and some ingame screens, and after that it's will be uploaded.
    Things like Hollywood Wax Museum, In-N-Out, Shell Gas Station and etc. still WIP and not will be included in this update.
    But you can ask me, that this update taked 1 month but added just 2 buildings, isnt it so little progress? Maybe, but a lot of time taked a freeway signs updating. Also, not all signs in East LA was added, half of them still will be original, because this signs need more research and extra time.

• @Vlad I personally don't think that's little progress, like you said making it accurate takes a lot more then just making the model, it requires research etc...

And I think people shouldn't just look at what is ready for download, but also at all the other stuff that is WIP. The US Bank Tower, Shell & Mobil gas stations, In-N-Out, Wax Museum, Capital Records building,... you're doing just fine.

Hi @_Vlad_ just checking in on you as we haven't seen a post from you in a week. Any updates on your recent work? I hope all is well with you sir!

• @DarthPungz Hey, yea, still no updates that i can to show here. First week after release of the update i was resting, and yesterday i finally did some little not really noticeble progress on some stuff.
    And unfortunately last week i have problems with sleep. I accidentally fall asleep in the afternoon almost everyday, and it's takes 2-3 hours. But i'm also have to go to the colleage every day, and for sure i have limited number of hours when I am at home. So, it's like i have 9 free hours every day, before i have to sleep, and the "extra sleep" takes 2-3 hours. So, i have just 6-7 hourse for everything. I'm trying to figure out how to not sleep at the day, and start to do the progres... Because i want to do real stuff, but not always have a desire for it.

• @Vlad Try a coffee energy drink with a shot of whiskey.

Take care @_Vlad_ It's time for spring and more sun huh?

• @ReNNie unfortunately spring didn't come to my city yet. Still fckin snow a little at the streets

@Vlad said in [MAP][WIP] Real California Architecture:

@DarthPungz ... unfortunately last week i have problems with sleep. I accidentally fall asleep in the afternoon almost everyday, and it's takes 2-3 hours. But i'm also have to go to the colleage every day, and for sure i have limited number of hours when I am at home. So, it's like i have 9 free hours every day, before i have to sleep, and the "extra sleep" takes 2-3 hours. So, i have just 6-7 hourse for everything. I'm trying to figure out how to not sleep at the day, and start to do the progres... Because i want to do real stuff, but not always have a desire for it.

Sorry to you have your sleep problems.

No pressure intended, I was just checking in on you, we hadn't heard from you in a week and I was wondering how you were. Real life and your health first of course!

I know all about sleep deprivation. Over exhaustion can not only make people less efficient but also weaken one's immune system so please take care man.

Best wishes bro.

• What graphics mod are you using? Could you link please? Or at least the name. Nice work BTW. Good luck.

• Can someone send me the backup of the gta5.exe an gta5launcer (944 patch) please?
    i forgot to make a backup and now can't test some new stuff that i'm working on
    UPD. no more need

• Thanks dude!

• got some work on props like this billlboard.
    alt text
    alt text
    Now it's with real Outfront logo. (not just retexture)
    IRL
    alt text

• @Vlad any new updates for us?

• @Neutralization well, last time i'm working on Compton stuff.
    Compton City Hall
    alt text

Also, Sheriff Station (LASD). Got the Sheriff car spawning here, instead of Police (Rockstar, why?).
    alt text
    alt text
    ATM i'm also working on proper LASD Officer ped , and some vehicles. Information about it can be found on LSPDFR topic.
    If someone interested, here you go : http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/55797-wip-lapdlasdchp-fpiu-2014/?do=findComment&comment=483615
    http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/55797-wip-lapdlasdchp-fpiu-2014/?do=findComment&comment=482645

• Compton Sheriff Station
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @Vlad Amazing ,
    so I guess For the sheriff cars instead of police, it can replace the way the RDE team did with the script which replace cars. So, if I'm not wrong with this way it can save more memory game ? :D
    It will bring some nice real stuff, are you planing on making more details to looks like CPT IRL like
    cptsign1
    btw nice work on lasd badge , I love it

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.