[MAP][WIP] Real California Architecture

@DarthPungz what area of Los Angeles is this considered in the real world a reflection in our game map?

• @DarthPungz well, around Hollywood Hills (if be more specific it's Hollywood Bowl) I guess.

• @Vlad @BatKnight WB tower would suit well.

• @Sh3nZeR why?

Gotta agree with @_Vlad_
    WB tower should be on the Hollywood studios compound, not in the middle of nowhere.

Here a rusty waterworks tower is more appropriate imho

• @DarthPungz I watch a TV show called Lucifer and in a lot of episodes, you see something out of GTAV as it seems to be based right where this game is set. Especially around the Walk of Fame (Hollywood) and the pier and promenade (Santa Monica). It gives no direct reference to it being a specific location other than LA though.

You might find they took a few key items from across the area and pulled them all a bit closer to each other, to make one map.

• @Vlad alt text
    Nah just joking

@_Vlad_ I wandered around Google maps for an hour or so looking at the areas around the Hollywood reservoir, I didn't see that sort of tank or any from the list from @ReNNie

I saw large cylinder ones painted green or white or stainless. Some burried amongst trees or burried into the ground.

This site has a decent picture of one with a good look at the rooftop http://archive.signalscv.com/m/archives/114348/

Here is another site with good reference pics http://griffithparksupporters.org/article-dwpCharges.php

Mt Hollywood Dr

https://goo.gl/maps/smF341jdPtk

• @LeeC2202 thanks for this tv show! i will watch it soon :)
    @DarthPungz thanks for research! well, the water tower like this one exist in gta, and located close to hollywood sign, i think the best solution will be remove that water tower ( with los santos logo) comptely.

@_Vlad_ happy to help! yeah I vote remove, or remove and replace with unmarked more authentic one

• Urban Outfitters in Santa Monica (next to AMC Theater in gta)
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @Vlad

I swear, man, it just keeps getting better and better.

• Is the AMC theater and the prominade stuff already in the latest version? If so, mine doesn't have it and I want it.

• @Spitfire7 not yet :) i hope to include it in update :) (need to finish it)

• @Vlad !!!stop teasing us sir, I believe surprise updates are way better than this, asking out of curiosity will this project complete before RDR2 I mean fall 2017

• @Vlad sir am sorry for the previous comment I quickly realized its called progression in project but my curiosity remains same

• This mod is simply awesome! Keep up the great work, Vlad, just do your thing at your own pace, because it looks very promising. And trust me, there actually are a lot of people interested in these kind of mods, you already have over 15 000 downloads with what you have now, that is a lot.

• Confirmed things for update :

• AMC Theather in Santa Monica
    • Urban Outfitters in Santa Monica
    • Real Interstate Shields with proper placement on the map
    • Updated accuracy of already existed Freeway Signs and new Freeway Signs

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    List not finished, it's just 100% confirmed things for update

• So.. did you edit the map files to make them properly display? :P

• @HeySlickThatsMe Well, this interstate shields is props. So, i edited .ymap files, and of course retextured the shields. This not will be posible to find .ymap files without this awesome tool.

• Santa Monica Police Pier Substation
    alt text
    Another example of .ymap edit, in original game there's was Police Flag instead of US Flag. (IRL it's has US flag too)

• In the original game Call Box was only for "Los Santos", if it even was actually located in county.
    Now it's proper Los Angeles County Call Box.
    alt text
    And if in the game was only one Call Box, i think it's not enought and i'm added(yes, added, not replaced) Call Box for Riverside County
    alt text
    I will add separate things for different counties.

Also i added some 710 Intestate Shields, information about it will be posted later.

• Route 1 and Route 60 Signs
    alt text
    alt text

• And about Interstate 710. Thanks a lot to @CamxxCore for his awesome tool again. I added this Interstate shields to the places, where in gta was only Freeway Entrance shields.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @Vlad When is the new update coming?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.