Game wont load replaced peds

• I'm new to modding GTA V and decided to play the game for the first time since i've beat the game way back in 2016. I've downloaded World of Variety and a handful of peds, including add-on peds. World of Variety works afaik but the main issue is that when I ever I try to REPLACE a ped, the game fails to load the ped either by crashing on start up with a err_sys_fileload error or my trainer will stop working and not load the ped if I was able to attempt to change my skin to them in game. I've tried to recreate this with non-modded peds by pulling ped files from the base game into the same file structure they would be located in mod and the game will crash. However if I load the modded ped by making them an Add-On ped, they will load into the game perfectly. My game is a fresh install, I am using Heap adjuster, packet limit adjuster, I've tried both f7yo and dilapidated's config files to no avail.

I've followed the instructions added with various readmes but this seems to be more of a problem with the game than any individual mod itself. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

• @kirawatari
    https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/35789/gta5-911-help-and-checklist-what-to-do-when-mods-make-you-mad

You haven't provided enough info to help. Could be your folder structure, your version of GTA 5, missing files, improper configuration, etc.

The ped failing to load and the ped crashing the system are two very different issues, likely with different causes.

• Sorry for the lack of info, but after some troubleshooting I think I've figured out my problem if you or someone else can confirm this for me.

When you use the mods folder, do you need to have the ENTIRE file structure that is found within the dlc.rpf that you are modding to be copied over into the mods folder version? SO if I replace pedestrians found in "root/mods/update/x64/dlcpacks/mppatchesng/dlc.rpf/models/cdimages/mppatches.rpf" am I required to keep the entire file structure found inside of the first dlc.rpf identical to the original? Even if I'm not modding anything in those other folders?
    alt text

I ask this because when I copied over the mppatches.rpf and it brings over everything in that folder's structure from top to bottom, if i just drop the replacement peds in there it works. But if i start removing the other rpfs it no longer works and i'll get err_sys_fileload errors.

If that's the case, is there an easier way to throw all my replacement peds into the game? Is it possible to toss them into a different folder that takes higher priority over other things, if that even exists?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.