Need some help installing a texture mod for flight helmets
Need some help installing the texture mod flight helmets for SP 4.0. I want to install this but the issue is I followed the instructions for replacing the free mode mp player and none of the textures show up in the game. I am probably doing it wrong but not sure what exactly I am doing wrong.
The mod author doesn't give the clearest of instructions tbh (think he means there's no need to rename the texture within the '.ytd' anymore (ie 'p_head_diff_021_a' etc)), so probably, what you want to do is:
- Choose one of his '.ytd's ('COUGAR.ytd', 'GOOSE.ytd', 'HOLLYWOOD.ytd'...etc)
- Rename it to 'p_head_diff_000_a.ytd'
- & use it to replace the original '.ytd' here:
...\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mppatchesng\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mppatches_m_outfits_p.rpf\mp_m_freemode_01_p_male_freemode_pilot\p_head_diff_000_a.ytd
If that doesn't work, try replacing it here as well:
...\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\x64w.rpf\dlcpacks\mppilot\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mppilot_p.rpf\mp_m_freemode_01_p_male_freemode_pilot\p_head_diff_000_a.ytd
Alternatively: (or if none of the above works)
- Drag & drop 'COUGAR.ytd', 'GOOSE.ytd', 'HOLLYWOOD.ytd'...etc into OpenIV somewhere, anywhere (can delete it after etc).
- Open it & export the 'p_head_diff_021_a' texture somewhere
- Find the free mode mp player 'p_head_diff_000_a.ytd'
- Open 'p_head_diff_000_a.ytd' & use the '[Replace]' button (top right) to select the 'p_head_diff_021_a' texture exported earlier.
- Using '[Replace]', the name of the texture ('p_head_diff_000_a') within the '.ytd' will stay the same as original/vanilla. Just the image will change.
- Save 'p_head_diff_000_a.ytd' & test in-game.
Ok, thank you will give this a shot. Ya, it was not very clear what needed to be done and this makes more sense than dragging and dropping. Hopefully, that will work. Thanks a lot even if it does not fix my issue at least you tried.