How to properly handle bones in 3DS Max?

• So I am trying to make an accessory (watch) for an addon ped as a standalone component. When I attach it to hand, it works perfectly but when I try to make it as a standalone component for example as a task or accs slot, I am hitting a wall I can't go over :(

The steps I go through is, first I am importing the hand and deleting it's bone data and such (it is just as a reference so I can properly place the object to where I want), and then importing up the accessory object I want. I already handled it's files to make it importable like exporting the ped's skeleton to open formats then renaming to same name and adding FULL to it's name so 3DS Max can load the object with the skeleton.

Anywho so the object is loading (it's a watch by the by) and I am Adding the needed bone to it's list;

alt text

After that I export it. but when I import back, the watch's position changes.

alt text

and when I enabled Edit Envelopes , it goes even further away ..

alt text

I'm basically have no idea why is this happening or what can I do to prevent it happening. Before the export I tried centering the pivot to object but still no luck. The exact changes are, position and rotation changes and the scale shrinks a little bit.
    I thought maybe I should try a different bone so I linked it to SKEL_L_Hand instead but nothing changed.

Thought maybe there is something wrong with that particular watch so I said well let's try another object, I took a ring this time. and the same error happened again. The ring also takes a walk after exporting. It's at somewhere else when I import it, it walks away further away when I enable Edit Envelopes and it walks somewhere else when I look at it in OpenIV :rolling_eyes: :thinking:

alt text

alt text (also getting these weirdo errors when I import too .. I get them from some particular objects while importing/exporting while just attaching to hand instead but nothing wrong happening at all)

alt text

My apologies if there were too much pictures, I just wanted to give as much as details as possible hoping someone has an experience with these and can lend me some help or at least point me to the right direction :( Because I'm just at lost in here :( :(

Oh and, the reason I didn't want to attach the watch to hand is because when I do, the position I can place it has 2 different bone's weight. So half of the watch using Forearm Roll and the other half using Hand . and because of the weight are distributed by 40% and 60% , the watch is distorting, especially visible while I'm walking. So I was just selected that area and set the weight to 1 (100%) but now there is an open gap occuring between wrist and forearm, probably because giving all the weight to one side and no weight left at the other side. I try to only select the watch but even with Wireframe Overwrite view it is nearly impossible to distinguish lots of vertices from hand to watch :( So that is why I am trying to make it as a seperate object in a different clothing slot.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.