[Tutorial] | Handling.meta

• @sgt-snazzy said in [Tutorial] | Handling.meta:

What line would I need to change to prevent a vehicle from tipping over at high speeds (I want to try drifting a Mule but it keeps tipping over)

<vecCentreOfMassOffset x="0.000000" y="-0.120000" z="Reduce This" />

Best way to do it without messing with traction is to lower the 'z' parameter above. It can be negative if you need to drop the centre of mass a lot.

Another way would be to lower lateral grip but that will make the vehicle slide sideways more & isn't always desirable.

<fTractionCurveMax value="Reduce This" />

I also reckon

<fRollCentreHeightFront value="0.210000" />
      <fRollCentreHeightRear value="0.210000" />

should play a part in it but I've not tested that extensively enough to know the finer details. I presume lowering the values should make the vehicle less likely to roll but I've had mixed results editing the RollCentreHeight so there may be other factors at play there.

• @Cass Does this: "HF_TYRES_RAISE_SIDE_IMPACT_THRESHOLD" mean it's harder to get the wheel pushed in on a side impact? That would be fantastic if so.

• @PermissionToLand Dont know. Report back if it does

• @Cass EDIT: Just noticed "Rightmost digit is the first one" I'm an idiot! Let's try that again!

• @Cass Doesn't seem to make wheels stronger, or if so, very slightly. Any other ideas on how to achieve that?

• @PermissionToLand Other than deformation, no. There are lots of unknown flags. Proabaly embedded in the exe.

• @V4D3R please strHandlingFlags point need more details I don't understand anything

• @Cam-E Come on.. Every handling name of all the cars in the game are documented on their respective wikia page, it took me not even a minute of googling to stumble upon the wikia page of the Elegy Retro Custom. It's handling name is : ELEGY.

• Big but relatively important bump.

Since Southern SA Super Sports DLC, sub-handling type CCarHandlingData was modified and new optional defines were added:

fCamberFront
    fToeFront
    fCamberRear
    fToeRear
    fCastor
    fMaxDriveBiasTransfer
    fEngineResistance

As well as a new (also optional) flag table called strAdvancedFlags. Maybe someone could figure out what exactly those do and affect, as well as the new flags.

• @Patão_Innertubey
    Camber, Castor & Toe are wheel alignment settings in real life & likely the same in GTA V. Explained in detail here. :thumbsup:
    The others I would have to guess at.

• Is there any way to disable the "air suspension" that automatically lifts certain cars when in motion?

• What line Would I fix if the car is flipping when you are turning at about 20MPH or less and it flips

• @JustCalMePug
    Refer to the first part of my previous post up the page here.
    Basically, reduce the 'z' parameter of '<vecCentreOfMassOffset' in 'handling.meta'.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.