Script file refuse to work

• I am currently running the latest Gta (1.0.2628.2)

I am currently unable to run Gta as the mods folder would active I would start the game and enter into story mode and let it run for a few seconds later it would black screen, close itself, and stop the application. The first tile I thought it was my mods folder but now going deeper into the problem for 4 days I found it was my scripts refusing to work. I'm using what I would call now is "the base structure" for modding Menyoo, ScriptHookV and ScriptHookVDotNet, Addon Spawner, OpenIV, Gameconfig, Packfile, and Heap

asiloader https://pastebin.com/PyCbhDc9

ScriptHookV https://pastebin.com/5EAmw2mM

ScriptHookVDotNet2 (Unable to put it in Pastebin as it reached over its max limit)

I ran the addon vehicle alone: Works
    Addon with included vehicle script: Stops working

• @Narga I think you answered your own question.

If I'm reading this correctly, your game crashes with a vehicle script. So next question is which script or is it all scripts?

Suggest you go to script mod page and view comments to see if others have same issue and possible cause/fix.

There are thousands of scripts in the mods section, so if you don't link to the one or ones causing issues nobody will be able to help here.

If you're having problem with scripts in general, you need to reinstall them one by one until you find the one causing the crash, and keep in mind it could be conflicting scripts if you have many installed.

As for your log files, you can see that there aren't any failures or errors.

• @JohnFromGWN It's not the scripts, in general, more like the scripts inside the file as I am doing what you told me and placing them in 1 by 1 and testing them each time the folder gets modified. Currently, I only have 1 thing in that file and it's the vehicle script file and I don't know why it isn't working. I followed the steps and have all of the requirements and still crashed

• @Narga said in Script file refuse to work:

ScriptHookVDotNet2 (Unable to put it in Pastebin as it reached over its max limit)

If your file has too many lines in it, you must have an incredible number of scripts installed, no?

Open that log file, ScriptHookVDotNet.log, with a text editor like notepad and search for words like fail or error. This might help but is not foolproof.

Again I'm confused when you write the file is too large for pastebin but you removed your scripts.

And which vehicle script file? Do you mean the Addon Spawner asi file in your game folder or do you mean some yet to be identified dll script in your scripts folder?

Please post a link.

• @JohnFromGWN the ScriptHookVDotNet2 is extremely long regardless of looking at it now but this is the normal ScriptHookVDotNet

ScriptHookVDotNet https://pastebin.com/jE8iqx77

• @Narga

[WARNING] Failed to reload scripts because the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\scripts directory is missing.

You removed your scripts folder?

• @JohnFromGWN How is it missing?

Edit: Its still in there

• @Narga make sure the path is correct and scripts is spelled correctly. Did you remove the folder, load the game, post the paste bin, and then restore the folder?

Cuz the log file clearly can't find the scripts folder at the path indicated

• @JohnFromGWN No it's been in there I didn't do anything to it

Edit: Can it be fixed to the log can find it?

• @Narga
    You have a setup that doesn't work and the log file is telling you the scripts folder isn't there.

Can you send some clear screenshots of your root folder showing the mods and scripts folder as well as the essential files such as the scripthook v dot net files.

• This post is deleted!

• @Narga

Ok. First the good news, your folder structure, as far as I can tell is perfect.

Now the bad news. I don't understand why the log file is telling you the scripts folder is missing. Unless it is referring to a time when you had removed your scripts folder?

What exactly is happening now? Your game crashes almost immediately?

Can you confirm that the game will run when you disable/rename the scripts folder?

Also, please check the log file once more to see if the missing script folder warning is gone or not.

• @JohnFromGWN as I would boot up GTA like usual it's fine one I select story mode it will load story mode and a few seconds after that I would say 10-20 seconds later it would black out and close itself.

The game works and runs with no hiccups when the scripts folder is renamed but the working of the missing script folder is still there

• @Narga Honestly, I'm really at a loss here.

This is a longshot, but can you move the files out of your scripts folder, delete it, recreate it, but don't put that script back in.

Just in case the folder somehow and improbably got corrupted or the permissions got screwed up.

Also, the reason I said not to put the script back in is just in case it is corrupt as well.

• @JohnFromGWN The game loaded perfectly and the scripts folder changed to
    [DEBUG] Loading scripts from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\scripts ...

• @Narga That's good. Now try to put the script files for the flatbed back in the scripts folder.

• @JohnFromGWN Blacked-out and closed itself

• @Narga Ok. Try installing a new script from the Mods section. Any script. And delete the Flatbed script.

• @JohnFromGWN Failed

• @Narga Running out of ideas. Is the site where you downloaded SHVDN, and did you do the latest version?

https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet/releases

If not, reinstall this version.

We know the scripts folder is now recognized, and we also know it isn't just the flatbed script causing a crash.

So WTF is going on?????

• @Narga P.S. just for the hell of it, do a Verify Integrity from Steam and also download a saved game. A corrupt saved game can cause issues without an error message.

• @JohnFromGWN Already did the verification and yes that is the same site where I got the SHVDN scripts from

• @Narga try this
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/save-game-44

and i'm sorry but I've run out of potential solutions.

• @JohnFromGWN It didn't work still blacked out and closed

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.