[Tutorial] How to install FiveM maps in Single Player

• Hello friends, maybe some of you have ever obtained an interesting MLO map but when you download it you see that it is for FiveM.

No problem, I bring you a simple guide to solve this problem.

The first thing we need is this Mod:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/dlc-pack-creator

(We will also need OpenIV which I guess you all know).

Now let's see our downloaded map as FiveM:

alt text

The files we need will be inside the "Stream" folder. If we open it, we will see this:

alt text

Now let's put this aside, and let's unzip and run our DLC Pack Creator:

alt text

We will run it as administrator, and we will see this:

alt text

OK, now let's get down to business.

We need to know the name of the map, for example, imagine it is "vinewood_house".

We'll take that name and put it in the blank space, and click on "Create DLC".

alt text

We will have to choose the file where we want to create it, which should be the following path, or where we have installed our game:

Rockstar Games -> Grand Theft Auto V -> Mods -> Update -> DLCPacks

alt text

If everything went well, a warning message will appear saying that the category has been created.

If you get an error, check one of these steps:

• You are already running GTA V.
    • You have not opened the program as an administrator.
    • You have another mod/dlcpack with the same name.

If everything went well, we can close the DLC Pack Creator and go to OpenIV.

Now we search the route:

Mods -> Update -> x64 -> dlcpacks

And there we should find our folder which in this example we have called "vinewood_house".

alt text

I show you another example already made. If you fully expand your newly created map folder, you will get here.

alt text

As you can see, in the end we have two folders.

One with the name of the folder, and one followed by "metadata".

Here comes the only thing you have to take into account to install the map.

In the folder:

Vinewood_house_metadata.rpf you will only put the YMAP, YTYP and YMF files.

**I would like to clarify something.

Some guides mention that YTD and YDD files also go in the METADATA folder, as they are texture dictionaries.

I'm not entirely clear and leave it to your research.**

In the other folder, you will put all the others.

alt text

alt text

And that's it, now as usual when installing a mod, go to this new address:

alt text

Here we will look for our dlclist file:

alt text

We will open it and place at the end the traditional line of:

<Item>dlcpacks:/vinewood_house/</Item>

*Use the name of your map mod, I have used this as an example to explain it.

And that's it! The map should now appear in our single player game.

WARNING: I am not responsible for other bugs or errors derived from the mods themselves, or that some MLOs destroy others already installed, this post just tries to explain with all the love in the world, how to have FiveM maps in single player.

Blessings.

• @Fabito48hd Great work, excellent tutorial. The only thing else I would suggest is you describe where to put the props when a props folder is included with the mod.

• @Fabito48hd Perfect!! Like out of a text book. Thanks dawg.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried to turn this FiveM mod into a SP dlc but failed. All the walls vanished lol.
    https://forum.cfx.re/t/mlo-free-sandy-bar/2489729

• @gtavjamal I have installed it and the same thing happens to me, there is an empty space.

The MLO maps, have a bit of a mystery to me, and I'm not sure if we can install all the FiveM ones in SP, because if I'm honest, out of 10 that I try, 1 of them works fine.

Something is missing, but I'm not an expert, I've only learned how to install them.

But looking at all this, it is quite likely that something exists in FiveM that is incompatible with SP no matter how hard we try.

I download them and test them, usually there are collision errors, or empty spaces like this one you have.

But sometime they work perfectly and then I'm happy.

• @Fabito48hd @gtavjamal

I just installed a solution which is very simple and fun. Install a FiveM private local server.
    It took about 10 minutes to install and a couple hours to figure out where everything goes. The YouTube videos are often outdated garbage as is the documentation - I had a few references to paths that don't exist or refer to other types of servers or other types of installations. Lots of variations.

Anyway I have a fully functional FiveM server and all MLOs load perfectly as expected. I even have Menyoo loaded and ScriptHook5 installed.

Only issue I have, and need to research, is while Menyoo works perfectly in FiveM multiplayer it crashes in FiveM story mode. The error messages are cryptic crap, but I just started Story Mode with FiveM so need to get up to speed.

There were a few hiccups. The latest download forced me to update my game! So i did a verify integrity, ran the server, and then restored my GTA5.exe (one file) to 2372.

Then i added this file to the config. set sv_enforceGameBuild 2372
    No more nags!

If you guys go this route and need help, let me know. I've already solved lots of annoyances.

• @Fabito48hd Thanks for taking the time and effort to test that. Apologies if I came across as asking to do so that wasn't my intention, it was just an off the cuff unfiltered comment as all my posts are but thanks again none the less.

@JohnFromGWN Genius! Sounds dope. Thanks for doing all that. When I get enough free time to dedicate and if ya offer still stands ill get back to you fo sure. Thanks again.

• @gtavjamal The issue with Trainers and Storymode/SP in Fivem is fairly common but haven't found any intelligent discussions or solutions. It's like the Fivem community don't want to hear about it.

Having said that Menyoo works perfectly otherwise and you don't need storymode, just play regular Fivem yourself, and of course nothing stops you from inviting friends with port forwarding. I've spawned peds and vehicles and teleported with Menyoo in Fivem without any issues other than SP mode.

Converting from SP to FIVEM is also very simple.

One final note. FIVEM MLOS in FIVEM are rarely perfect. Collisions are fine but if you look long enough you'll often find minor texture glitches for example, just as you would using Mods in offline regular SP games.

The Fivem server is very easy to install and with Google as your friend you can find ways to solve issues and increase your knowledge. Unfortunately, as is the case with regular SP, there are tons of YouTube videos with bad or outdated advice and the Cfx community is pretty useless, probably because the experts make money off their servers and don't want to share.

• @JohnFromGWN Thanks again dawg. Great info as always!!

Lately I've been checking out MLO map mods just out of curiosity. Tbh tho I I only have two MLO map mods installed due to next level quality and design. Plus compatible with snow on terrain.
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/malibu-mansion-add-on
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/mlo-designer-penthouse-remake-add-on-sp

95% of the time I am using a vehicle. The only time I get out on foot is to use a weapon. For example get out of the car briefly to use a rocket launcher on the police helicopters or sniper some gang members in the distance lol.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.