Gta 5 crashes when more than 2 mods are installed

• Hi so im having a problem with gta 5 if i install more than 2 car mods it just crashes not giving any error. I tried different car mod and everything i have custom gameconfig and my game version is 1.0.2699.0 and i have heap adjuster can someone tell me why is this happining?

• @MrKristupas Nobody can tell you exactly what is happening except santa muerte. My guess is you need an updated gameconfig.xml mod and updated packfile mod, and I"m going to assume you have a heap mod installed.

• I found custom gameconfig in the version that i need and i installed heap adjuster but nothing changed like i said i don't even get an error message when it crashes and i thot that some of my older mod were the problem but no it happens with new ones to

• @MrKristupas What gameconfig did you find, the one here or the LSPDFR?

and do you have the updated packfile limit adjuster installed?

• @MrKristupas and don't install new mods until your game is stable. You're just adding more complexity.

Keep the same mods you had when your system was stable. If necessary remove the new dlcpacks from your dlclist.xml.

• @MrKristupas
    Do like @JohnFromGWN says & if you are still having issues after, try disabling 3 older car mods & loading the game (leaving the 2 newer ones active):

• If it still crashes, likely one of the new ones is broken/not installed correctly
    • If it doesn't crash, would suggest it's perhaps some kind of dlc limit

With either result, continue to play about with how many & what specific dlc's you have active at a time. See if you can confirm whether it's adding any dlc's past a certain number that crashes the game, or a specific dlc, or a combination of dlc's that does it etc, & then report back & we'll see if we can make any sense of it.

Also, not all gamconfigs are born equal. Try F7YO's one if you haven't already :thumbsup:

• So i found the gameconfig here and like i said it dosn't matter what car mods i install old or new it just has to be not more than 2 and when i add mods name to dlc list like i add 3 car mods but install just 2 it still crashes even if there aren't third mod so i think this is poblem with dlc list idk why

• @JohnFromGWN ok so i tried removing some dlc cars from dlc list still nothing if i add moded car name into dlc list the game crashes and nothing i can play with max 2car mods and it works and it dosn't matter if its old mod or new one if i keep 2 mods its ok if i install more than 2 it crashes so i thing this is a some kind of problem with dlclist because i can write 3 mod names in dlclist and only add 2 to mod folder still crashes but i can add the mods to mod folder and write 2 mod names to dlclist then it works

• @MrKristupas please post your dlclist.xml here or on pastebin and your asiloader log file.

• This post is deleted!

• @MrKristupas
    In 'dlclist.xml' you have two minus symbols, one each at the start of these lines:

-<SMandatoryPacksData>

-<Paths>

Remove them so it looks like this:

<SMandatoryPacksData>

<Paths>

& test & see if that fixes you issue :thumbsup:

• @a63nt-5m1th ppl can get so creative with their xml tags.

• @a63nt-5m1th there aren't any in my dlclist i think pastebin added them or something because i don't see any in the original

• @MrKristupas so here are some possible causes.

1. Your desktop or laptop only meets minimum requirements and you're pushing it over its potato limit
    2. The additional mods you're installing are poorly designed, 10,000 polygons, 4k mega textures, without lods

Or could be your gameconfig.xml mod. As @a63nt-5m1th wrote, and I can vouch for this on my own system, these mods are not created equal and often still need to be tweaked for your specific setup, often by experimenting.

The first addon I installed crashed my PC instantly even though it well exceeded requirements. Because i didn't have a gameconfig.xml mod. Today i can play at 70 to 100 FPS with 100s of vehicles and mlos and Megamaps.

Unfortunately you're going to have to wait for the dust to settle on this new Update, as gameconfig.xml mods are updated and released.

• @JohnFromGWN Yeah no my pc is a beasty one i can run gta about 900fps online and i don't think that's any of the mods problem i could be something wrong with gameconfig because i can install like 5months old mod it runs but if i install any kind mods more than 2 it just crashes

• Lol 900fps.

• @MrKristupas i hope you mean 90, not 900, unless you're running a $20,000 threadripper with a $20,000 display and have figured out how not to tear textures to shreds.

• @MrKristupas when you say any kind of mod, well that's completely meaningless.

One high polygon motorcycle can crash a system while 50 scripts might not.

There are replaces, addon vehicles, addon peds, ymaps, MLOs, dll scripts, asi scripts, trainers visual mods, and on and on.

So saying 2 mods really doesn't help.

• i mean i get 900fps on lowest settings and my pc is not cheap yeah. And i install only car mods no motorcycle i tried diffrent combinations of car mods still nothing i tried with normal gameconfig not edited still crashes without any error so i don't know why i thot maybe some mods were the problem but no i don't think so

• @MrKristupas
    Try again with a 'dlclist.xml' PasteBin (I want to be confident it's ruled out), this time make sure it's identical, or alternatively, just upload your actual 'dlclist.xml' to somewhere like https://www.mediafire.com/ & share the link here :thumbsup:

Also:

• When did the issue start happening? Before or after the new update? (& list any mods/scripts you installed or uninstalled around then also)
    • When installing to 'mods' folder, are you using any '.oiv' installers to install vehicles, or doing it all manually?
    • Have you used '.oiv' installers to install vehicles in the past?
    • Are you installing all game files (gameconfig/dlclist etc) to your 'mods' folder? (ie none whatsoever installed to the vanilla game folder instead, or anything like that etc)
    • Just one copy of GTA V installed?

Additionally: (likely unrelated, but want to know anyway)

• Any script mods installed? (what's in your 'scripts' folder, if you have one? Test game with it removed/renamed if not done so already)
    • What '.asi' mods/trainers do you have installed to your 'Grand Theft Auto V' root folder? (where 'GTA5.exe' is located)

Try Removing these DLCs from 'dlclist.xml' & see if that changes anything:

<Item>dlcpacks:/mpsum2/</Item>
    	<Item>dlcpacks:/patchday27ng/</Item>
    	<Item>dlcpacks:/mpsum2_g9ec/</Item>
    	<Item>dlcpacks:/patchday27g9ecng/</Item>

• Does removing those 4 (or any 4) DLC's allow you to install 6 (or more) add-on vehicles or are you still stuck only being able to add 2? Let us know of that, & any other changes in results that occur (if any) etc.

Run a disk check on your GTA V install hard drive:

• Should rule out any potential file system related issues

Verify GTA V's Integrity & Test Results with a New/Fresh 'update.rpf' in 'mods' folder:

Verify Integrity Instructions:

& then try copying over a fresh vanilla 'update.rpf' to your 'mods' folder & edit the 'dlclist.xml' in that instead (should rule out anything funky going on with your 'mods' folder 'update.rpf'). Make any required backups first, so will be easy to return to what you had, if it makes no difference &/or you don't want to rebuild your modded ''update.rpf' afresh etc.

As @JohnFromGWN says, just after a Rockstar patch/update releases is a horrendous time to diagnose issues, as new variables are usually (read: 'always') introduced at the same time. Likely take a bit longer than normal to resolve this.

• @a63nt-5m1th https://www.mediafire.com/file/l8g1vxy24qgb8ju/dlclist.xml/file here there's the dlclist the isues started happening after the new update i install mods manually true open iv i mainly install only car mods nothing else i don't have scripts folder for some reason with gta v i tried everything reinstalling verifying game files and yeah

• From my short experience I have to say, for no apparent logical reason, that installing car DLC has even broken the game's radio.

If a mod causes the game to not work, I'm going to fuck it.

• @MrKristupas

Your issue may well be down to the new update/patch, so a lot of this will be guesswork until we have a broader understanding of exactly what the patch did/broke etc, but here's a few things to try:

When you test a fresh new 'mods' folder 'update.rpf', don't add these two lines to 'dlclist.xml' immediately:

<Item>dlcpacks:/benze55/</Item>
    		<Item>dlcpacks:/720ss/</Item>

Test different add-on dlc's first with a fresh 'mods' folder 'update.rpf' & see if you have the same 2 car issue. That should rule out something wrong with those add-ons, that might be corrupting & permanently stealth damaging your 'mods' folder 'update.rpf' as soon as they are loaded (it potentially can happen, albeit rare). If you've added those lines to 'dlclist.xml' & loaded the game since recreating your 'mods' folder 'update.rpf' afresh, do the process again, but this time be sure to test alternate add-ons before you ever load those two listed above.

Note:
    You can skip the Verify Integrity part when repeating the 'update.rpf' rebuild test process. Your vanilla 'update.rpf' is still likely good if you verified integrity previously, just copy it across to your 'mods' folder again & install & add altenative add-ons to it's 'dlclist.xml', then test the results & report back etc.

I know you've done similar before, but the important part here is to make sure you reset 'update.rpf' to vanilla after each test you conduct. Does sound like there is the potential for 'dlclist.xml' &/or 'update.rpf' to be getting corrupted in some way. I've seen damage to 'update.rpf' that can only ever be fixed by either reverting to a 'before the damage occured' backup or rebuilding 'update.rpf' from a fresh untouched vanilla file. Worth ruling out.

Additionally, change the process you are using to edit files, especially 'dlclist.xml'. For example, if you are editing & saving 'dlclist.xml' from within OpenIV, try instead to extract it via drag & drop & edit & save it with an external text editor (like Notepad++ etc) & then drag it back into it's original location within OpenIV etc.

Also, when you do eventually test it, make sure you are installing the v2.5 (updated July 12, 2022) of the 'benze55' dlc/add-on. v2.4 (January 31, 2022) has duplicate folder structure issues (going by the comments on mod page) & for the '720ss', skip the 'extratitleupdatedata.meta' part in the instructions (see 'extratitleupdatedata.meta:' just below).

extratitleupdatedata.meta:

I don't think this next part likely has anything to do with your issue specifically (unless data was copied incorrectly ofc), but just so you know, you never, ever, ever have to edit 'extratitleupdatedata.meta' (noticed it in 720ss instructions in link above). If you download any add-on & it tells you to add data to 'extratitleupdatedata.meta', just completely ignore it & skip that part. It's completely unnecessary & 100% useless for mod author created dlcs.

Background Info (extratitleupdatedata.meta):
    Editing 'extratitleupdatedata.meta' is something that some early car modders mistakenly thought they needed to do & a lot of newer modders continue to make the same mistake (having learned the (incorrect) process from early car modders/tutorials etc). The file can only be used by Rockstar, basically to allow them to update files within a dlc without having to force you to download the full '.rpf' again, so only ever of any use for official Rockstar dlcs & totally pointless for any mod author created add-on/dlc. Always skip that part completely etc.

dlclist.xml:

Your 'dlclist.xml' looks good by the by. No formatting/syntax errors from what I can see. :thumbsup:

I'm most interested in the results you get when you remove some Rockstar dlc's. Does that give you more slots to add more add-ons (like, remove 2x Rockstar dlc, now can load 4 modded add-on cars instead of 2 etc) or are you still stuck only being able to add 2x modded add-ons?

I presume the latter, but just confirm that for me. Thanks :thumbsup:

'scripts' folder:

No worries, you only need a 'scripts' folder if you have scripts to install in it. If required in future, you just create the 'scripts' folder manually yourself in the 'Grand Theft Auto V' root folder (where 'gta5.exe' is etc).

• @a63nt-5m1th Sorry but did you read what i said because you are just wanting me to send same information over and over And yes i have tested diffrent mods and every of them work i just can't have more than 2

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.