Help with CarSounds GTA5 FiveM
Good afternoon all,
I’m here to ask for your help.
I have a Modded Police Car in game, to which I added a specific sound. The problem is that this sound I installed does not seem to have the sound of sirens, how can I add them?
Hope you can help me…
Do a Google search. Hopefully same solution for Fivem as for SP.
Doesn’t reply to my question…
My question was:
How can I add sirens to a car sound already existing that hasn’t the sirens sound inside the file?
Not sure what difference there might be in FiveM, but for Singleplayer you basically do this:
- Export the 'game.dat' '.rel' file that contains your engine sound to '.xml using CodeWalker's RPF Explorer > right-click file > 'Export XML...'
- Open the 'game.dat' '.rel' file with your text editor of choice
- Find your engine sound (usually using the name/hash of the vehicle the sound comes from).
- In the '<Item type="Vehicle"' section for that vehicle sound, edit the '<Sirens>' line to look like this:
- After that, save the file & use CodeWalker's RPF Explorer to reimport it into it's original location by right-clicking anywhere within the original folder & selecting 'Import XML...' & then select the file you just saved etc.
Have a read of this tut as it explains a lot of the basics of accessing & editing '.rel' in greater detail than I have put here.
You can also find other engine sound related tuts on my profile page (top three tuts are engine sound related. First one is the one I linked above etc). All worth a read at some point, especially if you plan on doing lots of vehicle sound editing