[SOLVED] THIS IS WHAT I GET WHEN I DOWNLOAD A MOD

• <nonsense text from binary .rar image removed by rappo :slight_smile:>

• Uhm... How can I put this...

alt text

First of all, you have given no clue as to what you just opened to be greeted with this. I see both "Rar!" and "HOWTOINSTALL.txt" towards the top of this wonderful... thing. Basically, I believe there are two possible reasons as to why this is happening, which depend on whether you are attempting to open the .rar file or the .txt file:

1. The .txt file. You have an incorrect program opening the HOWTOINSTALL.txt. "txt" files can be opened using the pre-installed Notepad program, or, my personal favorite: Notepad++.

2. You're attempting to open the .rar file. If so, it's most likely happening because you either have not WinRAR Installed. This program DOES NOT come pre-installed, so if you recently got a new computer or something like that, make sure it's installed. However, if it is installed, then it chances are is due to the fact you are opening the file using, as said in "1.", a inappropriate program.

Note that this nonsense appears when a program attempts to understand the information it's been given using its own language. That's like if I try to interpret what "¿Oye, papi, como te va la vida?" (This is Spanish, by the way) in english. It just doesn't make sense.

I hope I helped. Let me know what the deal is in the end.

Sincerely,

Hyper.

( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō)
    ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō)

• @Hyper-Droid hey thank you guys I do have WinRAR Maybe I defaulted open with notepad by accident let's check it out

• Do, and let me know what happens. Right click on the item and select "Open as". After the dialogue appears, select Notepad or Notepad++ if you have it!

Again, up-vote my comment if you find me useful.

Thanks again,

Hyper.

• just had to open with WinRAR. Thanks for the help...

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.