How can I run modded gta and switch to online too?

• I have a modded gta but i also want to play gta online. But since they ban you for mods, I cannot do that. Is there a way in which I can play both?

• There's a mod that shuts down your mods so you can run 'vanilla' online. You'll have to dig around for it as I can't remember the name. It's pretty old so it may not work after so many updates. Your other solution is to setup a vanilla version on another drive and go online with that. If you're looking to play online 'modded'...fuggeddaboutit! No one around here is going to tell you how to do that.

• @BetterBrock said in How can I run modded gta and switch to online too?:

But since they ban you for mods,

You can't get banned with the mods from this site because OpenIV will not allow addons to be loaded online and ScriptHookV will not allow you to play online. To prevent a ban, always use the mods folder, not the games folder, and don't install mods designed to cheat online.

Play Online without Ban
    Quick Way to Play Without any Mods

The mods that will get you banned are the ones on cheat sites, not here.

Simply rename dinput8.dll in your GTA5 game folder or temporarily move it out to play online.

• @JohnFromGWN Thanks. Now I know that renaming dinput will deal with the scripts stuff. But what about the modded files? I have a mod folder so will that be disabled too? If I have not replaced any original game files?

• @BetterBrock said in How can I run modded gta and switch to online too?:

@JohnFromGWN Thanks. Now I know that renaming dinput will deal with the scripts stuff. But what about the modded files? I have a mod folder so will that be disabled too? If I have not replaced any original game files?

Dinput8.dll loads a file called OpenIV.asi which itself loads the mods you installed such as vehicles, peds, maps, etc.

So yes, renaming dinput8.dll means no asi files will be loaded. No mods, no scripts, no animations, nothing in the mods folder will load.

Now if you mod your games folder, with dinput8.dll renamed or disabled, that's a different story. Anti- cheat software could falsely identify your legitimate mods as cheats.

If you have a local FiveM server and modify game folder files it may flag them as corrupt and refuse to launch.

If you read my posts on this subject, you'll see this:

Can you run scripts online and get banned with Scripthook? According to Alexander Blade, the SH5 author: "Script Hook V is the library that allows to use GTA V script native functions in custom *.asi plugins. Note that it doesn't work in GTA Online, script hook disables custom scripts when player goes in multiplayer".
    Source: https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/script-hook-v

What about mods, not just scripts? According to the OpenIV developers: "With installed ASI loader and plugin, you will not be able to go into GTA Online. This will keep you from accidently [sic] banning and GTA Online will be protected from modifications." Source: https://openiv.com/?p=1082

So what happens if do try to go online? You get an alert. That's all. But, if you are still completely Paranoid, or if you just want to play no mods vanilla, go into your root folder and rename dinput8.dll to dinput8.bak and run your game. See also Quick Way to Play Without Mods. Alternatively you could disable/rename ScriptHookV.dll. This will also disable all mods, except for certain asi mods which don't require it such as a heap limit adjuster, but the game will know if it is modded and will not allow you online.

This is the alert message trying to go online with a modded game. (Hitting continue brings you back to SP Story Mode.)

alt text

• @JohnFromGWN Alright 👍

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.