Adding add-on police cars to spawn ambiently

• Now I know I am not the only one who is curious or has really wanted to do this for a long time but has no guidance on how to do so. I'm not just talking about being able to spawn in a modded police car for myself but seeing other police officers (npcs) use the cars as well. I am not looking for a mod to replace base in-game vehicles but rather to add on to the police's current fleet of vehicles at its disposal to make high-speed chases more interesting.

• I believe the "popgroups.ymt" file has what you need.

Just go to that file, and search "veh_police" and you'll find the ordinary police cars, just replace the original cars with your add-ons and it should work. I think the "vehiclemodelsets.meta" file has this as well, but I doubt it.

If you want to further this, you should try out the "Back on the Beat" mod from Olanov where it adds police patrols in traffic, similar to GTA IV!

@QuadGodGamez basically you just have to edit popgroups.ymt and dispatch.meta to change police1 etc to the spawn name of the Add-On police models

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.