ALL mods gone after moving system 32 files to gta main directory (Please help)

• Hello guys, so previously my gta was running fine, although it would sometimes crash midgame. To fix this I watched several videos and the consensus seemed to be adding d3d9.dll and dinput8.dll to the main directory and changing GTAV and PlayGTAV to run as administrator. However, running as administrator on the epic games version will give you an error code so I reverted it. But now when I am in game every single one of my mods is gone. OpenIV looks exactly the same and I tried deleting the d3d9 and dinput files to no avail. Not a single new mod was installed.The game also now shows up as TODO: <File description> (5) in task manager if that is useful in any way. Help would be massively appreciated.

• @dansaltclan said in ALL mods gone after moving system 32 files to gta main directory (Please help):

To fix this I watched several videos and the consensus seemed to be adding d3d9.dll and dinput8.dll to the main directory

Did you ever wonder why the dinput8.dll from Alexander Blade, the one that comes with SH5, has been downloaded millions of times?

Why install his file when you can just get a better version directly from your own Windows System32 folder, right? I mean, why bother?

The reason is pretty simple. You can't play a modded GTA5 without Alexander Blade's version of dinput8.dll.

So no matter how many youtube videos you watch telling you otherwise, no matter how many experts tell you, by consensus, that the solution is to replace the proper version of dinput8.dll with another one..... well....well., uh....you have the same odds your game will now load mods with those replacement files as winning the lottery.

Replace dinput8.dll (Alexander Blade version) and you will never get mods to load. Period. End of story.

Want to fix your system? Stop watching Youtube videos from mentally challenged creators or trolls, reinstall the proper dinput8.dll, and start again.

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/39325/modding-101-knowledge-helps

@JohnFromGWN speechless, literally speechless rn

• @JohnFromGWN Thanks a ton for the help, replacing the shitty dinput worked however I still sometimes crash mid game. Do you know of any possible resolutions? I already have heap and packfile limit adjuster as well as gameconfig for limitless vehicles. Thanks again.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.