Is this fake "gta5mod.net"

• Most of the mods that available in this site also available on gta5mod.net this site

• @dinuka-skidrow
    If it was fake you wouldn't be able to download mods from it, so no, it's 100% real. Do they upload mods they've downloaded from this site? Probably. Do they upload mods from authors who were banned here or don't like this site? Probably. Do they upload mods without the creators permission? Likely.

I wouldn't call that site fake because in no way does it ressemble this site. So only a person with severe visual impairment would confuse this site with that one.

Just so you know, the internet is a very strange place. Some people are honest, some are dishonest, and the worst are malicious, so always practice safe computing.

@dinuka-skidrow There are lots of websites which are just reuploading content that gets mainly uploaded to the popular sites like 5Mods, LCPDFR.com and other. If I was you I wouldn't bother browsing through such sites as you'll probably find the same as in the original sources unless you're looking for any specific mod that's not available in the main modding sites for random and/or unknown reasons.

• @dinuka-skidrow

There is one very valid reason to use other sites, and that's for sites that don't respect DMCA claims.
    For example, you would need those sites to download certain maps.
    Is that illegal? Well I already bought GTA IV so I have no issues, moral or ethical, in downloading those maps for GTA5.

And ofc, I fully understand and respect that this site will not offer those mods for legal reasons.

@JohnFromGWN said in Is this fake "gta5mod.net":

There is one very valid reason to use other sites, and that's for sites that don't respect DMCA claims.

There also one very valid reason NOT to use other sites that seem to be a shadow-copy of the site you know: viruses. It's quite common for sites that spread malware to draw people to them, as the result of, say, a google search, leading you to them (instead of to the original), in the hope of infecting you. Not saying "gta5mods.net" is such a site, but caveat emptor!

• @dinuka-skidrow you can literally tell which site is the original by looking at the user interface, dont be dumb

• @meimeiriver Absolutely.

• @BetterBrock Actually the interface can be faked to look 100% authentic. Although, you're right, in this example they don't resemble each other, so no reason to cry "fake".

@JohnFromGWN Absolutely.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.