Can you alter ELS patterns?

• I’ve downloaded a lot of different ELS cars. They all have different patterns, what determines the pattern? Is it in the xml file?

Here’s an example of one car
    alt text

The pattern for the taillights is weird, the left and middle alternate with the right, I’d like to change it to left and right alternating with middle. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

• @Maxdugen isn't it police.xml?

• @JohnFromGWN thats what I’m trying to figure out. I’m looking through the .xml file that controls the els. Can’t find anything that looks like it controls the taillights. Unless I just don’t see it.

• @Maxdugen You are trying to figure out how a rocket works without even knowing the basic principles of rockets let alone rocket science... Of course you can't find anything that looks like taillights what do you expect?

Have you ever read any documentation about ELS at all? or at least how it works at basic?

ELS only turns on and off spesific vehicle extras in a spesific pattern. In ELS cars, emergency lights are made as vehicle extras instead of real lights. and the pattern presets are inside the ELS folder itself. The xml files come with cars only tells which pattern preset ELS should use, they don't include a pattern in themselves.

and if the car's headlights/taillights are not made from extras, which if they would then you couldn't turn headlights on and off with native ways and brakelights wouldn't work when you brake, then ELS can't control them.

There is a way to flash headlights and taillights through carcols like this however;
    https://streamable.com/mremo2

You need to look for sequencer and such but it needs some reading too first...

• @MissySnowie If ELS doesn’t control taillights then why are they activated when ELS is enabled? The image I posted above, the taillights are flashing when I turn on the ELS lights.

And I have read through the ELS documentation, doesn’t mention anything about how to control taillights, only how they should be named.

• @Maxdugen I can't see the image but taillights can flash without ELS too. It doesn't necessairly have to be ELS when you see a flashing taillight.

But I think you should ask this in lspdfr if you are absolutely sure the taillight flashing is coming from the ELS.

• @MissySnowie guess I’m not the only one who doesn’t know rocket science :wink:

• @Maxdugen I know shit about ELS, have zero interest in police vehicles, but what I can tell you is that the FiveM community is basically a Police, FR and EMS/FD community, so you will have better luck there, or as Snowie suggested LSPDFR.

Despite what some ppl might say, FiveM and SP vehicles work essentially the same way.

• @JohnFromGWN said in Can you alter ELS patterns?:

@Maxdugen I know shit about ELS, have zero interest in police vehicles, but what I can tell you is that the FiveM community is basically a Police, FR and EMS/FD community, so you will have better luck there, or as Snowie suggested LSPDFR.

Despite what some ppl might say, FiveM and SP vehicles work essentially the same way.

Thanks @JohnFromGWN, I’ll give it a try!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.