Clothing Addon Help?

• Hi I can't seem to get lower like pants and shorts to work with HeySickThatsMe's mpClothes - Addon Clothing Slots? If anyone as been able to get pants and shorts to work Let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

• @AmazyCrazy, Long story short if you're having issues with lowr's using MPC there's no 'fix'. There's a structural glitch in the mod that deals with the imbedded textures that causes the skin (whi) to override the clothing texture. Part of the issue is in the mod, the other comes from the clothing mod makers. It's complicated enough that 'Slick' has bailed on trying to fix it.

But, there is a workaround if you're using 'Menyoo' (haven't got it to work with other trainers though it might.) First, it's hit or miss with lowr's. Some work with no prob, others fuggeddaboudit! If the lowr has 'whi' in it, you're probably going to have problems as only the 'flesh' part will render (if it renders at all.) If the lowr works, great. When it doesn't, if it's a 'nude' lowr, there's a workaround that usually works.

All pants and shorts that work, group them together much as possible because if you have nude lowrs, the texture from the working lowrs will render on them. All nude lowrs will be broken (from my experience), but you can get them to work by going into the 'facial menu' and selecting the 'father and mother skin tones'. If the lowrs render at all, they'll have the same texture as the uppr and will look like 'meat.' Switching either the mother or father skin tone will make the texture render normally. You'll have to do this for upprs as well. It's a PIA as most upprs won't render in unless you do all the previous, while some load in but, with a 'yellow', 'purple' or white texture. With the right combo of uppr and lowr both will spawn in with one of those colors and then all you'd need to do is scroll through backwards to your good uppr and the texture will be normal when you scroll back to the one you want. Or, you can do the 'Skin Tone' fix like I mentioned earlier.

Any pants or shorts that doesn't have 'whi' in their description line (lowr_diff_000_a_whi.ytd), change them to 'accs' (accessory). You'll be able to use them with no issues. All those that do, try them out in MPC. If they work, good. If they don't you'll have to find a spot in other dlc's and replace the vanilla ones.

• @iammistahwolf

Good summary. The way I look at is that Rockstar purposely designed the MP freemode the way they did to dissuade anyone from modding them, but obviously these peds, that look like shit warmed over, are popular --- so clothing mods for these horrid creatures still inundate the uploads daily.

Thank God there are some other options available. Shit, a rotting zombie is better looking than the MP female, but she has a bigger male sexual appendage.

• @iammistahwolf, @JohnFromGWN I had no idea that was a problem. Well, I'll look into wolf's workaround.

Thanks again guys :)

• @JohnFromGWN Heh. Yeah, 'R' was too busy catering to the '13-year-olds' they knew would be playing a 'Mature' rated game, so they went for the 'sex', but not 'too sexy' bar. Several peds are far better looking than most of the MPfreemode females. You have to take time and effort to configure one that looks good. Most players are too busy trying to 'get to the shootin' an' blowin' up $#!%' part to craft the best looking character they can. The best looking female player characters I've seen so far in a game hands down are in 'Conan Exiles'. The modded versions often look even better! 'R' made the MP peds 'generic' so 'one-size-fits-all' so it streamlines their 'rehash' of clothes and accessories. Less time making unique and interesting components and more time raking in 'sharkcard money'....

@AmazyCrazy, no worries. Here are two examples of what you'll run into.
    https://imgbox.com/Ejk8p6TR
    https://imgbox.com/kAbz6cvR

• @iammistahwolf said in Clothing Addon Help?:

@JohnFromGWN Heh. Yeah, 'R' was too busy catering to the '13-year-olds' they knew would be playing a 'Mature' rated game, so they went for the 'sex', but not 'too sexy' bar. Several peds are far better looking than most of the MPfreemode females. You have to take time and effort to configure one that looks good. Most players are too busy trying to 'get to the shootin' an' blowin' up $#!%' part to craft the best looking character they can. The best looking female player characters I've seen so far in a game hands down are in 'Conan Exiles'. The modded versions often look even better! 'R' made the MP peds 'generic' so 'one-size-fits-all' so it streamlines their 'rehash' of clothes and accessories. Less time making unique and interesting components and more time raking in 'sharkcard money'....

@AmazyCrazy, no worries. Here are two examples of what you'll run into.
    https://imgbox.com/Ejk8p6TR
    https://imgbox.com/kAbz6cvR

@iammistahwolf I have to say I've never had those 2 things happen. For me they just don't show at all.

• @AmazyCrazy, It depends on which uppr's and lowr's you use. Try the one's from 'Serskyamn', 'Mark2580', 'RoseCreationsYT and uppr's and lowr's nude and clothed by 'Dionys19'. Also a good uppr that spawns more often than not with MPC is the one that comes with 'Zocant's Dress-Cute 19'. All these can be found here at 5mods. You've probably tried the vanilla versions, but they'll have the same issues.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.