How to add the new dlc cars to a backed up game?

• I'm pretty sure this is the right place to post this, if not I apologize.
    I've seen people spawn in the new cars on singleplayer, and there's even a mod on this site offering new spawn colors for said cars despite scripthook not being updated yet. The description and comments for said mod seem to suggest you can spawn the old cars if you add the new update's dlcpack to a backup of the previous update, but when I do that my game crashes. I have scripthook and everything installed, and things worked fine before I added the new dlcpack. I tried removing the other car mods I had installed just in case something was somehow conflicting and nothing changed.
    Does anyone have any advice on how to get this to work? I've looked all over the forums and reddit and youtube and such but can't seem to find any sort of tutorial.

EDIT: It looks like this works for other people, so I probably just didn't back up the game correctly. I really hope scripthook gets updated soon.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.