Cops: Back On the Beat installation help please
i downloaded the file but do not really understand where i put it at in openiv. all the tutorials are for an older version/different file type so i dont really want to follow those.
any help would be much appreciated
The Cops: Back On the Beat download <there contains a 'BackOnTheBeat.oiv' in the download. Once you have OpenIV installed & pointing to the correct GTA V root/'Grand Theft Auto V' install folder location (OpenIV > F4 > 'Game' tab), you just double-click on the 'BackOnTheBeat.oiv' & install it to your mods folder (ie not the game folder) when it asks:
It will then install these files here:
...\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\levels\gta5\popcycle.dat
...\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\update.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\popgroups.ymt
Create a backup of those^ files &/or the entire 'update.rpf' archive if those files are non-vanilla/previously edited &/or you might want to revert changes made by Cops: Back On the Beat at some point in future etc.
'.oiv' installers can be opened by extracting them using 7zip allowing you to install the game file/s manually if you prefer. Once extracted, the 'assembly.xml' file will tell you where the '.oiv' installer would have installed the files.
Be careful with older '.oiv' installers, as they may install files to incorrect file locations if the file has been updated to a newer location by Rockstar in an update/patch etc. Also, you are entirely reliant on the skill of the person who created the '.oiv' installer, so if you have any doubts, a manual install of the files is the safer option.
'.oiv' - Manual Install Instructions:
- Right-click '.oiv' installer > 7zip > Extract to...
- Enter the 'content' folder created within the newly extracted folder
- Use Ctrl+F3 Search Box in OpenIV to search your 'mods folder only' for the files by name
- Replace the file/s in the location/s loaded by the game
Load order priorities:
- Files within 'update.rpf' beat/override all other locations (for example, files within '...\update.rpf\dlc_patch' beat the same files in '...\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks', if the same file/s exist within both locations).
- For files within patchday##ng (## = numbers, ie 'patchday20ng' etc) folder structures, the higher/highest numbered patchday##ng location will be the one loaded by the game if the file/s exists within multiple patchday##ng locations (so 'patchday20ng' beats/overrides 'patchday19ng' etc).