I CHANGED A REPLACEMENT CAR, IT HAS BAD HANDLING

• I CHANGED A REPLACEMENT CAR,THE NEW CAR HAS BAD HANDLING, WHAT DO I DO? PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TOO ME SIMPLE, IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU ANSWER ME PLEASE BE PATIENT..IM A NEWBIE

• Hi.! What vehicle mods did you use? In this mods is there a Notepad file that explains how it is possible to modify certain values in the " handling.xml " folder.?

• @2tekno3 said in I CHANGED A REPLACEMENT CAR, IT HAS BAD HANDLING:

In this mods is there a Notepad file that explains how it is possible to modify certain values in the " handling.xml " folder.?

There isn't any folder for handling, the file is called handling.meta, not handling.xml. These files are in a data folder. Some cars have their own, vanilla cars are often lumped together in one big file.

@Christopher1972
    Editing these files requires knowledge and experience. Better to ask the mod author for help or check the comments section on the mod page for suggestions.
    Or, if you're brave, find a similar car model, one with proper handling characteristics, and use the handling data from that car.

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/3842/tutorial-handling-meta

Either way, do you really want to start editing files?

• @2tekno3 yeah if i want to change the whole game..all cars..i got like 10 cars..i deleted the cars files after i instlled them..bjut all of them gave me replace all vehicles

• @JohnFromGWN i use to mod san andreas between 2009-2016 but i had 2 strokes, i know a little about coding, i did it some in san andreas, i enjoy playing gta 5, but you need both hands to copy and paste, i barely able to play the game, my hand is messed up from stroke, please dont pick on me ..all the cars i dloaded from here.. i did write the name of the cars, all of everything..quotes on cars with bad handling, i could easily hunt them up one at a time and i could post the links if someone would help me

• only problem i see with that is i did not always use the cars they specified, but i did 2 door to 2 door 4 door to 4 door..lol

• @Christopher1972 said in I CHANGED A REPLACEMENT CAR, IT HAS BAD HANDLING:

please dont pick on me

Definitely not. I remember you had strokes from a previous post. What I meant is that editing these files can be a pain in the ass, do you really want to go there?
    If, as an example, your replacement car is a vette, try to find another vette that has suitable handling and use its file or copy and paste its entry.

• @JohnFromGWN I HAVE 10 CARS SO FAR..I WAS HOPING IF I GAVE THEM TO SOMEONE..ONE AT A TIME, THEY COULD MAKE THE CHANGES AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO..I CANT COPY AND PASTE THOUGH..THETHERAPIST TOLD ME MY HAND WAS GETTING STRONGER THOUGH SO MAYBE I CAN SOON..DO YOU KNOW THE VOLKSWAGON STYLE CAR? I REPLACED IT WITH A 63 BUG AND IT STILL BAD HANDLING..GO FIGURE?

• @JohnFromGWN EVERYONE SAYS THAT REPLACINGCARS THAT I AM GOING TO HAVE GRAPHIC DISAPPEARING..GTA 5 WAS ORIGINAL MADE FOR WINDOWS 7 OR 8..AT ITS BEST ON WINDOWS 10..I GOT WINDOWS 11 ONLY GRAPHICS MESS UP IS AT THE LOS SANTOS MAIN POLICE STATION..ON THE SIDEWALK ABOVE CAR IMPOUND..OTHER GRAPHICS PERFECT

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.