which vanilla dlc-packs are necessary and which aren't?

• when modding a new GTA folder, i don't want to copy ALL the vanilla dlc packs to the mods folder, only the absolute necessary dlc packs. does anyone have a list of all the necessary dlc packs for the mods folder?

• @O-MATIX
    Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers.
    The best and most reliable answer is to test this yourself.
    You also have to remember that DLC expands the game, so it can be considered optional.

Personally I only copy over files from vanilla to mods if they require editing.
    I have a few dlcpacks, a few dlcpatch, and about 4 x.rpf files, all modified.
    Remember that it's the dlclist.xml version in your mods folder that loads dlc, whether vanilla or addons.
    That gives you control over vanilla dlc. You don't need to delete dlc, just remove or comment it out.

Some people copy all the files over as backups, but that's just a waste of space. If a vanilla file gets corrupted, delete it and do a verify integrity.

Also, you don't need to copy update.rpf after a patch, although after the April 4 code 16 shitstorm who knows what the next game update will break given reverting is no longer possible.

• @O-MATIX none is "absolute necessary". You can completely empty your dlclist.xml and the game will launch, it'll also be faster to load.

Of course you'll miss a bunch of stuff, vehicles, peds, weapons. Some mods are dependent on certain dlcs so you might have issues.

• @Sata said in which vanilla dlc-packs are necessary and which aren't?:

Some mods are dependent on certain dlcs so you might have issues.

If he wants, although not a best practice, he can mod the game files directly. That eliminates all duplication and a verify integrity will fix any oooops, I screwed up.

• @JohnFromGWN You should only edit game files if you hate yourself lol. Eventually you'll get surprise integrity check...
    I have everything in mods folder cause I did edited every single .rpf.

This is the correct answer:
    @JohnFromGWN said in which vanilla dlc-packs are necessary and which aren't?:

Personally I only copy over files from vanilla to mods if they require editing.

I'm saying he can even clear his dlclist.xml and delete everything from /update/x64/dlpacks/ and the game will launch just fine, so not really necessary at all to begin with. It is 53.5GB just there.

• @Sata said in which vanilla dlc-packs are necessary and which aren't?:

Eventually you'll get surprise integrity check...

You mean like on April 4th?
    Any update, planned or surprise, can overwrite game files.

However if the OP wants to take it to the limit, he can even delete all the vanilla DLC as well.
    Game will run without DLC, without patches.

Where he can run into issues are MP and streamed peds.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.