Falling Through the Map - 2023

• Since the Rockstar Social Club changes in early April 2023, reverting is no longer an option. Updated games will not be affected as mods and scripts still work with the exception of many maps. Only reverted games are affected AFAIK. Don't bother watching Youtube fixes or other bullshit, there are no legal workarounds.

For those going the crack route, expect potential issues such as your PC slowing down due to malware. I thoroughly tested the crack that was posted on these forums and the files were testing positive. So use at your own risk. You can test yourself with Windows Defender, and also the following free software which I used for my own tests. It was pretty scary to say the least.

I strongly discourage you from installing cracks, testing negative or positive. You may deeply regret it.
    I will not use any cracks, instead I will try to fix as many maps as I can.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload
    https://www.trendmicro.com/en_ca/forHome/products/free-tools.html
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/
    https://www.avast.com/en-ca/free-antivirus-download#pc
    Caution with Avast because it will have a checkbox to install Google Chrome. Just uncheck it unless you like Google spyware.

I'm going to post findings here with solutions where possible. I encourage others to share breaks and mostly fixes. Please keep this thread for collision issues, not "can't find the map" or "map isn't loading" - those are bad installations, not collision issues. I'm hoping many maps can be fixed simply by editing content.xml and making changes to levels.ymt. If ybn files need editing, that's beyond my skillset and hopefully map experts can help.

You can find fixes from the community here. The general approach is text edits. Doesn't mean it will work for more complex maps but hopefully many can be salvaged - until R* breaks them a third time.

• Maps which were broken
    Just to get the ball rolling.

Red Dead Desert. Newest version fixes collisions.
    Dubai. Newest version fixes collisions. You can fix yourself by editing contents.xml but just update it.
    French Riviera. This is the version found here (there are more than one). This one can easily be fixed by editing contents.xml. See fixes in the comment section.
    Lake Louise. The older file Fixed it below.
    Monaco Racetrack. Fixed it below.
    Hyrule. Fixed it below.
    Simpsons This version of Hit and Run, the newest was fixed by author
    Las Venturas Fixed, same process
    San Fierro Fixed, same process

Maps not broken
    Most new or more recent maps seem to work. To be confirmed.
    Stalker Maps All four found on this site work. These are:
    Pripyat
    Military
    Limansk
    Autostation

Lake Louise 50KM The more recent map is fine (not the same as one above).
    Chicago
    Yoshi
    Red Rock
    Most Wanted NFS

• Maps still broken
    I estimate at least 20 to 30 of my installed maps are broken. I've only gone through a few so far. This is just to get the thread started.

Liberty City Remix - some versions may have collisions, mine doesn't.
    Vice City Update. Fixed.
    Luigi
    Cayo Perico currently broken but can easily be loaded properly with a few lines of codes (to load Ipls).
    Shibuya broken
    Big City Not a great map, but broken
    Route 66 Broken

• FIXES
    These are verified, tested, and fixed. They work today with a fully updated Steam Game, version 2845.

At this rate, I should have them all completed within 1 or 2 years, unless someone wants to help???

LAKE LOUISE
    I just fixed Lake Louise, the original/older version. Backup your content.xml, replace with this.
    This was an easy fix. First you set the disabled and persistent to true.
    Then you enable the rpf files so that the collisions are loaded too. I think you just need the the rpf containing ybn files.
    I'll post a tutorial when I figure this out. Making this up as I go along.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<CDataFileMgr__ContentsOfDataFileXml>
    	<disabledFiles />
    	<includedXmlFiles />
    	<dataFiles>
    	<Item>
          <filename>dlc_lakelouise:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/lakelouise/lakelouise_metadata.rpf</filename>
          <fileType>RPF_FILE</fileType>
          <overlay value="false" />
          <disabled value="true" />
          <persistent value="true" />
    	</Item>
    	<Item>
          <filename>dlc_lakelouise:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/lakelouise/lakelouise.rpf</filename>
    	</Item>
    	</dataFiles>
        <contentChangeSets>
    		<Item>
    			<changeSetName>CCS_lakelouise_NG_STREAMING_MAP</changeSetName>
    			<filesToEnable>
    				<Item>dlc_lakelouise:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/lakelouise/lakelouise.rpf</Item>
    				<Item>dlc_lakelouise:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/lakelouise/lakelouise_metadata.rpf</Item>
    			</filesToEnable>
    			<executionConditions>
    				<activeChangesetConditions>
    				</activeChangesetConditions>
    				<genericConditions>$level=MO_JIM_L11</genericConditions>
    			</executionConditions>
    		</Item>
    	</contentChangeSets>
    	<patchFiles />
    </CDataFileMgr__ContentsOfDataFileXml>

MONACO
    Same simple fix as Lake Louise. Once more this is the content.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <disabledFiles />
      <includedXmlFiles />
      <includedDataFiles />
      <dataFiles>
        <Item>
          <filename>dlc_monaco:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/monaco/monaco_metadata.rpf</filename>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <filename>dlc_monaco:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/monaco/monaco.rpf</filename>
        </Item>
      </dataFiles>
      <contentChangeSets>
    	<Item>
    	  <changeSetName>CCS_MONACO_NG_STREAMING_MAP</changeSetName>
    		<filesToEnable>
    				<Item>dlc_monaco:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/monaco/monaco.rpf</Item>
    				<Item>dlc_monaco:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/monaco/monaco_metadata.rpf</Item>
    			</filesToEnable>
    	  <executionConditions>
    			</executionConditions>
    		</Item>
      </contentChangeSets>
      <patchFiles />

• MORE FIXES
    HYRULE
    Another simple fix to content.xml

<disabledFiles />
    	<includedXmlFiles />
    	<dataFiles>
    	<Item>
          <filename>dlc_hyrule:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/hyrule/hyrule_metadata.rpf</filename>
    	</Item>
    	<Item>
          <filename>dlc_hyrule:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/hyrule/hyrule.rpf</filename>
    	</Item>
    	</dataFiles>
    	<contentChangeSets>
    		<Item>
    			<changeSetName>CCS_hyrule_NG_STREAMING_MAP</changeSetName>

<filesToEnable>
    				<Item>dlc_Hyrule:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/Hyrule/hyrule.rpf</Item>
    				<Item>dlc_Hyrule:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/Hyrule/hyrule_metadata.rpf</Item>
    			</filesToEnable>

<executionConditions>
    			</executionConditions>
    		</Item>
    	</contentChangeSets>
    	<patchFiles />

• A quick tutorial for DIY'ers. This fix is only for the simplest collision issues. It consists of 2 sets of edits to 1 file: content.xml

Edit 1
    You simple change the values of the disabled tag and persistent tag from false to true.
    All sets of tags must be changed from false to true. Don't change the overlay values.

Before:

<disabled value="false" />
    <persistent value="false" />

After:

Edit 2
    Look for the line that says:
    <changeSetName>CCS_MONACO_NG_STREAMING_MAP</changeSetName>
    Remove the existing tag that looks like this:
    <filesToEnable />

Add this text immediately after the changeSetName tag

<filesToEnable>
    <Item>dlc_monaco:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/monaco/monaco.rpf</Item>
    <Item>dlc_monaco:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/monaco/monaco_metadata.rpf</Item>
    </filesToEnable>

Notice all the tags above in the files to enable section. In this example it is monaco, must match the folder name for your map.
    I keep a template and just do a search and replace on the names.

Unfortunately it doesn't get any easier but at least all the simpler maps can be restored quickly.

• Cayo Perico
    Temporary fix for those who script.

using System.Windows.Forms;
    using GTA;
    using GTA.Math;
    using GTA.Native;

namespace CayoPericoLoad
    {

public class Basics : Script
        {

public Basics()
            {
                KeyUp += Basics_KeyUp;
            }

private void Basics_KeyUp(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
            {

if (e.KeyCode == Keys.NumPad8) 
                {

Function.Call((Hash)0x0888C3502DBBEEF5);
    				//void ON_ENTER_MP() // 0x0888C3502DBBEEF5 0xC65586A9 b323

Function.Call((Hash)0x9A9D1BA639675CF1, "HeistIsland", true);

//void SET_ISLAND_ENABLED(const char* name, BOOL toggle) // 0x9A9D1BA639675CF1 b2189

Function.Call((Hash)0xB96B00E976BE977F, 0.0f);
    				// _SET_CURRENT_INTENSITY OCEAN WAVES

GTA.UI.Screen.FadeOut(1000);//Game.FadeScreenOut(1000);
    				Wait(1000);
                    Function.Call(Hash.SET_ENTITY_COORDS, Game.Player.Character, 4840.571, -5174.425, 2.0, 0, 0, 1);
    				GTA.UI.Screen.FadeIn(1000);//Game.FadeScreenOut(1000);
    				//Teleport Player to CP

}

}

}
    }

• First major victory over Rsh*. Although I'm sure they will break it again. Actually they just broke collisions once, with The Contract update.

The latest update broke the workaround solution which was to revert. Contrary to posts on these forums and YouTube, you can no longer revert to a previous version of GTA5 through safe, permanent, and legal methods.

I fixed both SF and LV (combined map). Process is same as above although it was missing the enabled tag section. I'm not going to post code each time. If someone doesn't understand, post, and I'll provide the xml.

Will tackle Vice City next and eventually LC - I don't expect those to be easy.

Note: for DIYer's. I stopped checking rpfs for ybn. I don't think it matters if you add rpfs without ybns. However if you leave out an rpf with ybns in the enable tags section you will definitely lose the collisions. All that to say you can err on the side of adding additional rpfs. The metadata.rpf however, is mandatory it seems.

• I realize that Rockstar will likely break more mods with subsequent updates. Given reverting is no longer possible, new solutions for any new modding issues will need to be developed, but there isn't any guarantees the community will be able to resolve them.

This thread is specifically for those with collision issues, which means those who had reverted.

I'm suggesting you be selective in choosing which maps to fix because it's a slow process. Fixing the xml is quick. What takes time is loading the game and testing, particularly when maps overlap. Additionally we don't know which maps are broken without testing.

I have 2 more maps I want to tackle. All the others will be on an ad hoc basis.

• Ok, now we're getting into the more complex ones like Vice City.
    Same fix here as above. Change the values to true, enable your collision rpfs.

Before

After the Fix to Contents.xml

• One more challenge to go. I think all the remaining maps should be relatively easy, maybe with the exception of CP.

Liberty City will be the hardest. It's not one map, it's more like a dozen. The complexity will be comparable to going up Mount Everest riding an old tricycle with Megan Fox sitting on your shoulders humming a Tori Amos song.

Not sure if I can pull it off or not, but damn it, going to give it my best shot, so stay tuned.

I will not let R* make me their bitch. Well, not without a good fight and bloody noses on all sides.

• Protip for anyone wanting to do replaces in content.xml files.

You can do the same replaces over multiple files, whether the files are open or not. This is useful for maps like Liberty City which have many rpfs each with their own content.xml files. One thing to watch for is outlier tags. By that I mean the author added or left spaces, as examples, in the strings. This means search and replace wouldn't catch those.

To be certain, do visual checks or use the count function to ensure all tags are replaced.

• A quick update. I fixed Nordschleife. This was the same approach as above.

Three caveats to share.

1. The slightest mistake in contents.xml will crash your game, have the map disappear (not load), or not fix the collisions. So attention to detail is critical.
    2. When doing search and replace, stop at true or false, because tags are often inconsistent when it comes to the amount of white space.
    <disabled value="true"    /> not the same search string as <disabled value="true" />  
    first tag has unnecessary white space, so search for
    disabled value="true" without the closing tag.

1. It's not obvious which x.rpfs a map needs to load. I have a special mod setup for Liberty City, one for Vice City, and every other map and mlo in a 3rd. These are not complete installations, just differently customized x.rpf files such as x64a.rpf and x64v.rpf. To make a long story short, I mistakenly had my game set for LC and had 2 failed attempts until i realized I had the wrong x.rpf files.

Having modfied x.rpf files for specific maps, such as Liberty City, could well explain why fixes work for some and fail for others.

The solution, if anyone wants it, is below. In passing, this solution had already been submitted by @wert12, so we will give him full credit.
    https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/36980/falling-through-the-ground-on-add-on-maps-but-can-see-them/31?page=2

Again, this is the xml for content.xml for this map
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/nurburgring-nordschleife-circuit-hq

<disabledFiles />
    	<includedXmlFiles />
    	<dataFiles>
    	<Item>
          <filename>dlc_nordschleife:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/nordschleife/nordschleife.rpf</filename>
    	</Item>
    	<Item>
          <filename>dlc_nordschleife:/common/data/gtxd.meta</filename>
          <fileType>GTXD_PARENTING_DATA</fileType>
    	</Item>
    	</dataFiles>
    	<contentChangeSets>
    		<Item>
    			<changeSetName>CCS_nordschleife_NG_STREAMING_MAP</changeSetName>
    			<filesToEnable>
    		    <Item>dlc_nordschleife:/common/data/gtxd.meta</Item>
    			<Item>dlc_nordschleife:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/nordschleife/nordschleife.rpf</Item>
    			</filesToEnable>
    			<executionConditions>
    			</executionConditions>
    		</Item>
    	</contentChangeSets>
    	<patchFiles />

• Update on Liberty City. As expected, this version of LC, the "clean one" which doesn't use any asi garbage, is problematic.

I used the wrong approach at first. A shotgun, one size fits all, and it failed miserably. Then I used a more focused approach and was able to get collisions. I was able to walk on the map, but not with props and with many buildings missing. I realized once again I had made too many changes, too quickly.

I haven't given up yet but this map is definitely a challenge because it has many rpf packages, each with their own content.xml.

I also had issues with Cayo Perico, which in my case has only 2 rpf files. I'm going to leave this one for now because I can load it easily through a script, the one I posted above in this thread.

So far the simple technique of setting values to true and enabling the necessary files to enable collisions has worked - for all "simple" maps.
    It does not work for the more complex maps.

There isn't any documentation readily available on content.xml for maps and that's a major issue. I know there are map experts who could easily shed light or know how to fix these issues - but not expecting any of these experts to help or offer advice so I'll keep learning on my own - at a slow pace unfortunately.

• Liberty City done, with bits and pieces from other downloads and even some FiveM.

Just Cayo Perico as a major challenge left.

Good news is that R* only broke the collisions once, with the Contract Update. I'm hoping they won't break it again because they definitely had many opportunities after the Contract with other updates.

Remember, the launcher didn't break updated games and it didn't add any new problems with collisions. It did just stopped reverting to fix existing collisions.

A new tool was just launched to bypass the version check. I'm going to wait for others to test it.

R* could render this obsolote in 10 seconds if they want to, but I don't think they will intentionally break collisions again.

• For anyone following this thread, there is a new tool that will bypass the version check

In theory (I've never tried it, never will) this will allow you to play reverted. In theory, your collisions will be restored.

Why won't I just install this tool, assuming it works?

1. All my most important maps are now fixed. The other, more simple ones, as I use them. This took hours of work, but I learned the basics in the process and will continue to learn.

2. I don't generally use tools because I don't want my modding environment to depend on others (essential files excepted, and tools like ymt editor).

3. Tools need to be updated - few last the test of time. Many tools are for lazy people, who don't want to learn, who want Mommy to serve them dinner while Daddy tries to fix their game, while they whine about how life is so unfair.

4. R*, if there intention is to force updates, stop reverting, will shut this tool down faster than you can imagine.

• @JohnFromGWN Hey, I've tried your solution, for SF and LV, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Can you post a content.xml file, that is working for you?
    I've really tried to do that carefully, step by step, but no luck. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.