GTA V Updated. What do I do?

• Hi I'm relatively new to modding and I went to start up GTA and it crashed immediately I figured out that steam pushed an update a few hours ago. I don't know how to get it working without having to restart completely.

• @Jben2776 for one. always use mods folder, that way you don't loose your mods ,

now that it has been updated, most if not all of your mods would be gone, you would have to Re-install all of the mods again. if this is the case.

• @FoxtrotDelta Yeah I've been using a mods folder fortunately

• @Jben2776 than its quiet fortunate as you said., all you need to do, is update your DLC list, in update folder.

• @FoxtrotDelta
    I have two legal copies of gta5, one of them with mods, the other one for online
    I'm afraid of a ban, how do you get scripthook, openIV and scripts safely?
    thanks

• @trabas as long as you put all your mods, scripts etc, into mods folder, everything is safe. for online play

• @FoxtrotDelta Tons of thanks

• @FoxtrotDelta I have banned 30 days, I only put scripthook and simple trainer, nor openIV nor scripts folders nor mods, I am crying

• @trabas Did you really tried to go online? wtf

• @trabas According to the ScriptHookV website:

Script Hook V is the library that allows to use GTA V script native functions in custom *.asi plugins. Note that it doesn't work in GTA Online, script hook closes GTA V when player goes in multiplayer, see details in the readme.

So I am guessing that something else caused the problem. But I have to ask, if you have two legal copies, why did your online version get a ban, when you said only one of them has mods in it. It is impossible to get a ban with no mods, so you must have been trying to use mods online and got caught.

• @LeeC2202 I need the space that my modified gta5 occupies, so I tried to have only one copy of the game
    I have not yet put mods or openIV
    What I did was load an old game at 100%, maybe that was why?

@Frazzlee said in GTA V Updated. What do I do?:

using external hacks, not gonna name them for clear reasons, in singleplayer will still f you over

singleplayer works for the moment

@Kwebbl said in GTA V Updated. What do I do?:

@trabas Did you really tried to go online? wtf

I do not want mods online, that it is clear

• @trabas Loading an old game can't cause a ban, the savegame contains no information about the game having mods installed.

• @FoxtrotDelta @LeeC2202 @Frazzlee

I am completely sure that in the gta5 folder there was only this:

Scripthook.dll
    Dinput8.dll
    Trainerv.asi
    Mpimportexport.asi

Nor mods folder
    Nor scripts folder
    Nor openiv.asi
    Nor ScriptHookVDotNet.asi
    No direct mods

I opened gta5 , singleplayer, I tested the trainer, I loaded a 100% savegame, tested new vehicles, after this, I got online

Maybe I fucked it because I kept two of the last dlc cars in Frank's garage and then saved the game?

I just want to find the reason for the ban, thanks

• @trabas only rockstar can tell you if they banned you.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.