MODS Not Working after the recent update

• @LeeC2202 So just check this WHOLE entry is missing. should i try the setup tool ?

• @alphakiller That would be my next solution but I usually do a few steps when using that... have you used it before?

• @LeeC2202 Oh Also one more thing i forgot to mention xD I have 2 copies of GTA V , The modded one and the vanilla are on a separate drive . I use the vanilla one to play online. I don't think the registry has to do anything regarding this because my registry was missing from the start and i was able to use mods till patch 877 anyways. this 944 patch ruined everything.

• @alphakiller It sounds like you have a corrupted install with a half-installed update. The only way you're going to get round that, is by repairing the install, which the setup tool will do.

The fact that you have no logs being generated tells me something is fundamentally wrong with the game and until you can get the basic logs generating again, no mods are going to work.

• @LeeC2202 I Haven't used the setup tool before but i know how to use it. first copy the gta folder to somewhere else and start the download from gta setup tool and when it starts downloading, i'll just have to close the launcher and paste my files to the folder where its downloading right ? or should i just choose the repair option ?

• @alphakiller This is how I usually use it, I posted this on another thread yesterday.

• Make a backup of all your data from your My Documents\Rockstar Games folder, so that's your saved games etc...
    • Rename your GTAV folder to something else, if you are concerned about this step, make a copy of the folder before you rename it.
    • Uninstall GTAV from your add/remove programmes
    • Delete the My Documents\Rockstar Games folder
    • Get the GTAV Setup tool from https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/activate
    • Rename your GTAV folder back to the proper name
    • Run the setup tool and point it at your existing GTAV folder and run the game once
    • Copy your saved games and profile data back into the newly created My Documents\Rockstar Games folder

• @LeeC2202 will try it tomorrow. Its pretty late for me and i have an exam tomorrow so gotta prepare for that. Will update you with how it goes. I'll reply after about 15-16 hours. :smile: thanks for sticking with me today.

• @alphakiller No problem... good luck with the exam.

• @LeeC2202 oh also one thing. If my game is corrupted then how was i able to play gta online. Shouldn't it detect that something's wrong with the files?

• @alphakiller I honestly don't know.

• @LeeC2202 guess we'll soon find out. I'll update you with the results.

• @LeeC2202 okay so sorry for replying so late. I Used the setup tool to repair my GTA V files and the registry are now created and now i'll install the mods and will update you by how it goes. also one thing i noticed that previosuly before repairing my game the launcher i had was of version 877 but GTA5.exe was of 944 patch. so maybe that was causing the mods to not load ?

• @alphakiller I think that's very possible, I get the impression that the game was in a state of flux between two versions and maybe that was confusing OpenIV and ScriptHookV. I can't be sure of course but that's a possibility.

• @LeeC2202 okay so i installed both scripthookV and scripthook dot net and asi plugins but still the same result. i've fixed my gta with the setup tool which updated my launcher and registries but still not letting the mods to work. i'm literally out of any ideas. here are he logs just in case. i just have asiloader.log and ScriptHookV.log , still no ScriptHookVDotNet.log

ASI Loader

// GTA V ASI LOADER (build May 2 2015)
    // (C) Alexander Blade 2015
    LIB: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput8.dll" => 00007FFFBF430000
    API: "DirectInput8Create" => 00007FFFBF43A050
    API: "DllCanUnloadNow" => 00007FFFBF4493C0
    API: "DllGetClassObject" => 00007FFFBF449490
    API: "DllRegisterServer" => 00007FFFBF452AF0
    API: "DllUnregisterServer" => 00007FFFBF452D70
    LOADER: Loading *.asi plugins
    ASI: Loading "D:\Grand Theft Auto Modded\Grand Theft Auto V\EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi"
    "EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi" => 00007FFFB4080000
    ASI: Loading "D:\Grand Theft Auto Modded\Grand Theft Auto V\openCameraV.asi"
    "openCameraV.asi" => 00007FFFCFBB0000
    ASI: Loading "D:\Grand Theft Auto Modded\Grand Theft Auto V\OpenIV.asi"
    "OpenIV.asi" => 00007FFFCAF10000
    ASI: Loading "D:\Grand Theft Auto Modded\Grand Theft Auto V\ScriptHookVDotNet2.asi"
    "ScriptHookVDotNet2.asi" => 00007FFFB5C40000
    LOADER: Finished loading *.asi plugins

ScriptHookV

// GTA V SCRIPT HOOK (build Dec 15 2016, v1.0.944.2)
    // (C) Alexander Blade 2015-2016
    [20:28:19] INIT: Started
    [20:28:19] INIT: Success, game version is VER_1_0_944_2_NOSTEAM
    [20:28:20] INIT: Registering script 'EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi' (0x00007FFFB408394A)
    [20:28:20] INIT: Registering script 'ScriptHookVDotNet2.asi' (0x00007FFFB5C414A0)

• @alphakiller There seems to be a lot missing from your ScriptHookV log, mine looks like this:

// GTA V SCRIPT HOOK (build Dec 15 2016, v1.0.944.2)
    // (C) Alexander Blade 2015-2016
    [15:05:55] INIT: Started
    [15:05:55] INIT: Success, game version is VER_1_0_944_2_NOSTEAM
    [15:05:55] INIT: Registering script 'mpimportexport.asi' (0x000007FEEDD31220)
    [15:05:55] INIT: Registering script 'ScriptHookVDotNet.asi' (0x000007FEE57614A0)
    [15:05:55] INIT: Registering script 'TrainerV.asi' (0x000007FEE54CC560)
    [15:06:01] INIT: Pool 1 extended
    [15:06:01] INIT: Pool 2 extended
    [15:06:01] INIT: Pool 3 extended
    [15:06:01] INIT: Pool 4 extended
    [15:06:07] INIT: GtaThread collection size 188
    [15:06:07] INIT: wnd proc 0x00000000FFFF017B
    [15:06:07] INIT: IDXGISwapChain 0x000007FEF0B85AE0 (0x000007FEF0BAB2F8)
    [15:06:07] INIT: IDXGISwapChain set
    [15:06:07] INIT: DX init started
    [15:06:07] INIT: DX feature level B000
    [15:06:07] INIT: DX init succeeded
    [15:07:01] CORE: Requesting thread creation
    [15:07:01] CORE: Creating threads
    [15:07:02] CORE: Started control thread, id 29 active 1
    [15:07:02] CORE: Started thread 'mpimportexport.asi' (0x000007FEEDD31220), id 30 active 1
    [15:07:02] CORE: Started thread 'ScriptHookVDotNet.asi' (0x000007FEE57614A0), id 31 active 1
    [15:07:02] CORE: Started thread 'TrainerV.asi' (0x000007FEE54CC560), id 32 active 1
    [15:07:02] CORE: Launching main() for 'mpimportexport.asi' (0x000007FEEDD31220), id 30
    [15:07:02] CORE: Launching main() for 'ScriptHookVDotNet.asi' (0x000007FEE57614A0), id 31
    [15:07:02] CORE: Launching main() for 'TrainerV.asi' (0x000007FEE54CC560), id 32

• Have you got all the prerequisites for ScriptHookVDotNet installed? .Net Framework 4.5.2 (or higher) and the Microsoft C++ Redistributable from here? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

• @LeeC2202 yep . i have windows 10 installed so .Net Framework 4.5.2 is already installed

• @alphakiller What about the C++ redist, do you have that as well?

It's just that I noticed the last thing in your ScriptHookV log was ScriptHookVDotNet related, so I wondered if that was failing because of something missing.

Now you have mentioned that you are using Windows 10, there is one other thing I have heard of that can cause problems. It's something to do with dll files being blocked (or locked, can't remember which it was exactly). I haven't seen it in my Windows 10 but I only tend to use my own mods. If you right-click a dll, you apparently get an option to unblock (or unlock) the dll.

• @LeeC2202 I don't think that's the reason because i didn't change any windows settings. Before the update my MODS were working fine. i didn't make any changes to windows or other things. The only thing that was changed was GTA V files which i repaired. I just updated the ScriptHookVDotNet as there was another update for it but still its the same.

• @alphakiller In that case, I think I have exhausted all the options I can think of.

If you've reinstalled the game and got it all patched up to the latest version, got all the scripthook etc.. all installed at the latest version and are sure that the dlls are not blocked, I don't know what else to suggest.

There is clearly something wrong because your ScriptHookV log is missing a huge chunk of information that should be there when everything is running... you can see how much extra info my log has over yours. But everything I have suggested you seem to have already done, so I am at a loss, sorry.

• @LeeC2202 well thanks for giving me your time anyways. Really appreciate it mate. Well i suppose its The End for my modded GTA . Really enjoyed the 2 player mod with my friend.

• @LeeC2202 OKAY. SO FINALLY I FIGURED WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. FUCKING HELL YOU'RE GONNA LAUGH YOUR ASS OFF. SO I WAS FED UP WITH THIS GTA. I WAS JUST OPENING AND CLOSING THE GAME TO MAKE THE MODS WORK. SO WHAT HAPPENED WAS I WAS CLOSING MY GTA WITH TASK MANAGER AND INSTEAD OF CLICKING END TASK I CLICKED PROPERTIES. THEN I NOTICED THE FUCKING FUNNY PART. YOU KNOW EVERY TIME I LAUNCHED GTALAUNCHER ..... THAT FUCKING LAUNCHER RAN THE GAME FROM THE VANILLA FOLDER INSTEAD OF RUNNING IT FROM THE SEPARATE MODDED GTA FOLDER THAT I CREATED. SO YOU KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED!? WELL REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOU THAT I UPDATED MY REGISTRIES...... WELL YOU SEE WHEN I UPDATED MY REGISTRIES, THE PROBLEM STARTED TO OCCUR. SO GTA ALWAYS RAN THE GAME FROM THE VANILLA FOLDER BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION IN THE REGISTRY . I DIDN'T HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAD THE REGISTRIES FOR IT BEFORE. I ONLY CREATED IT JUST TO UPDATE MY GTA. SO NO REGISTRIES = GAME LAUNCHING FROM THE SAME FOLDER. NOW I JUST HAVE TO FIGURE HOW TO FUCKING RUN THE GAME FROM THE MODDED INSTEAD OF THE VANILLA. PLEASE HELP IF YOU GOT ANY IDEAS. damn that caps lock tho

• @alphakiller LOL, I never considered that one. :D

Anyway, what you need to do is rename your folders before you play. The registry can only point to a valid Grand Theft Auto V folder, so you have to make sure that whichever version you want to play, is called just that.

So let's say you have a GTAV Mods folder and a GTAV Vanilla folder, called Grand Theft Auto V - Mods and Grand Theft Auto V - Vanilla.

If you wanted to play with mods, you would rename Grand Theft Auto V - Mods to just Grand Theft Auto V and the registry would use that folder.

If you then wanted to play Vanilla, you would rename Grand Theft Auto V back to Grand Theft Auto V - Mods and rename Grand Theft Auto V - Vanilla to Grand Theft Auto V.

I have a similar setup running different version numbers for testing and I do it with some batch files and shortcuts. It's a bit complicated though, so if you wanted to do that, I would need a bit of time. But does that make sense?

• @LeeC2202 Yeah it makes a lot of sense. thanks. also how do i install nativeui ?i have a dll, should i place it inside scripts folder or gta root folder

• @alphakiller That goes in your scripts folder.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.