[Vehicle] Add Lazer to hanger

• I don't really care how, with mod, cheat or trainer, is it possible at all? I love this jet and kinda tired stealing it from military base every time...

• @Forrest-Gimp You could spawn it with a trainer and use one of the vehicle persistence mods perhaps?

Not sure if this one does planes but I can't see any reason why not.
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/vehicleskeeperv

• @LeeC2202
    Yeah I could, but thing is, I don't like using trainers and considering my mod list I'm rather paranoid of keeping more mods or trainers (something that puts more strain as script) in game folder. Using persistence just for Lazer seems awkward, but if nothing else can be done, I guess I'll have to use this method, so thanks for advice.

It just feels so simple to add vehicle in hangar list, was hoping maybe there are ways to do that. Not having sales page for Lazer is just extremely dumb and nonsensical, I can't imagine why R* hasn't done that? I can easily buy Hydra, Rhino, Savage and even Titan, but not Lazer? WTF?

• @Forrest-Gimp There is another option... I could probably write a small script that simply spawned the Lazer at your required coordinates and make it persistent. Probably only a few lines long and would run just the once and then sit there doing nothing.

Edit: If you want this doing, make up an image showing location, placement etc... and if possible, coordinates. The last one isn't essential as long as I know which hanger and what position it roughly needs to go into.

• @LeeC2202
    Thanks a bunch for the offer but seriously, not worth the hassle. It would be easier for me just to spawn it with trainer every time I wanna fly it. I just wanted to make clear that adding it to hangar list is impossible.
    Cheers.

• @Forrest-Gimp No worries... I've got a small script if you ever need it, I'm just looking for one little check to go in it and it's here if you want it. All you would need to change are the location and heading and it will spawn the lazer at that position.

It will be useful for me as it saves me having to spawn a helicopter every time while I am testing my mod, so it was no hassle writing it.

• @LeeC2202
    Well, in that case if Lazer can be spawned at Airport, it would be convenient, at least for Mike and Frankie, Trevor as usual will have to go guns blazing :smile:

• @Forrest-Gimp Sorry, my GTAV is being a pain. I thought Hangar 2 was empty, so I was trying to switch to Franklin to make sure and my game decided that if I was going to be Franklin, it was going to crash... completely. I think it's just a texture mod at Franklin's house causing the crash... very annoying.

But anyway, that means that the only hangar available is the one right near the entrance, so I'm just going to check for a free spot in that.

• @LeeC2202
    Wherever you feel like, if it's easier to spawn it outside of hangar, go for it, no problem. Airport is just the only place I can think of spawning jet makes any sense at all. Also I've been looking for mod like this in the files, looks like there are non, so Lazer spawning in Airport might be very useful for other folks.
    Thanks again!

• @Forrest-Gimp Sorry things have been delayed, I will get this done for you tonight. I got annoyed at Map Editor last night because there is a bug in the object placement. If you try and spawn a vehicle, specifically the Lazer, it won't stop spinning while you're trying to place it. Motorbikes seem to be fine, cars seem to be hit and miss but the Lazer was like a Merry-go-round. :D

Unfortunately, that mod is another where it gets a support level of pretty much zero, so if all else fails, I'll try and fix it myself.

I will have another go shortly.

• @Forrest-Gimp Okay, try this... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LFvItVrwd0aXhWY3dia2JVUlE/view?usp=sharing

There are two files in this, one is the script and the other is an image showing the four possible locations that you can choose from in the script. The first two are in Devin Weston's hangar, just inside the door to the left, or on the right hand side near the wall. The other two locations are in what I hope are quiet spots in the airport, that won't cause any problems.

Instructions on how to choose a different location plus a couple of comments are at the bottom of the script file. I have deliberately left it as a .cs file, so that you can see exactly what it is doing. Not only that but it means that you can change the spawn locations to anything you want, just by changing some values.

Let me know if it isn't what you need.

• @LeeC2202
    Modding GTA V seems like a pain, eh? Anyway, just checked script, it works flawlessly, thank you so much for making it in .cs, because this format and .lua are the only types of scripts I had some luck tweaking and partially understanding.

You seriously need to publish it ASAP, there are no mods like this and I'm sure lots of people will find it extremely useful!

Chose location 2 for now, seems convenient, but I might be switching it around later. Say, I can basically use this script to spawn any vehicle I want, right? I just need coordinates and vehicle code. Your setting so it doesn't bloat game are great.

You are script wizard, man, wish I was as good with this as you are...

• @Forrest-Gimp Whenever I make small mods for people, I prefer to do it in a way that shows them exactly what is happening. Not only can they be more sure that the script is safe but it also gives them the chance to experiment and learn from it.

So yeah, just change the model hash and it can be anything you want. If you change the filename, the line that says namespace SpawnMyLazer, the one that says public class cLazerSpawn : Script and the one that says public cLazerSpawn() so that it says something other than Lazer, you can run more than one of these scripts at a time.

All you would need then is to change if (NearbyVehicle.FriendlyName != "P-996 LAZER") to be the name of the changed vehicle.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.