How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs

• @wernhard said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

For ingame tuning i use a trainer. Never tried the "Auto Upgrade" stuff. My game never crashed because of a tuning part no working

Thanks a lot! :) 'Multi-plexing' modkits this way may really solve a lot of problems! Very interesting to hear carcols.ymt does not produce conflicts (the game likely treats everything therein as 'trusted', unconditionally).

Going to try this out, rightaway! Thanks again! :)

As for breakage on auto-tuning (as a quick test to see whether you have a valid car ID), that only happens when it fails, and you then manually try to change the wheels or something.

@wernhard

I understand creating one giant carcols.ymt (or meta) on one modkit_ID with a shitload of lines in the <visiblemods> and <linkedmods> would work but... do you still store the specific tuning parts (yft info) in a seperate modkit for each car like in carname_mods.rpf inside the dlcpack the carmodel is in or do those also have to go into one big _mods.rpf?

• @ReNNie

Dont create one big modkit. You can have like 250 modkits until you cant make a new one anymore.
    With the limit of 250 modkit IDs you have enough space to spread the rest of your car's tuning.

The cars within one modkit id dont have to be inside the same .rpf.

As for addon cars: The fewer dlc's you have the better. I for myself have like 6 DLC's á ~4GB.
    Never go over 4GB or the game wont load anymore. I even had it happen that the dlc file got corrupted and wasnt usable after that gta errors i had.

After i had learned that 4GB is the limit i tried to stay at 3,8GB per dlc file.

@wernhard

Yes I see, am looking at your ymt now, thought you had everything in one modkit but now see you use mulitple kits.
    So, the yft information is stored in seperate _mods.rpf per car?

I'm on 50 dlcpacks ranging from 400MB to 2,8GB by now (1300 added vehicles/bikes/planes/helis/boats so far)
    Not sure if I want to this route and edit all those carcols.meta files.
    Would prefer it better if and when an int16 solution would come along someday ;)

• @ReNNie said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

@wernhard

Yes I see, am looking at your ymt now, thought you had everything in one modkit but now see you use mulitple kits.
    So, the yft information is stored in seperate _mods.rpf per car?

I'm on 50 dlcpacks ranging from 400MB to 2,8GB by now (1300 added vehicles/bikes/planes/helis/boats so far)
    Not sure if I want to this route and edit all those carcols.meta files.
    Would prefer it better if and when an int16 solution would come along someday ;)

I also realized that consolidating all these mod parts means you'd have to retune every car. And what do you do with, say, 'extras'?! Like what if 2 cars each have 3 extras defined?

I decided not to do this, based on the above: merging everything can never end well.

• can you write the whole process of fixing tuning parts?

• @Burn1496 mine support 600 more add on cars

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.