How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs

• So, with this nice trick i was able to install 254 Modkits aka working tuning kits so far.
    Now, when i add a 255th, its not working. If i delete a random tuning kit the 255th is suddenly working .
    I tried several gameconfigs from willief23 but that changes nothing. 255th tuning kit not working until i delete another one.

Did i reach the limit? What can i do? Is the carcols.ymt limitting? I want all of them. :-D
    Anyone with a similar problem?

You've reached the invisible number I guess?

Take a looksie here: !@#$%$%#@@ Modkit ID's

My best guess is we need a workaround script-wise before ever being able to use more modkits...

• This post is deleted!

• Hi everyone and thanks for the help.
    As i mentioned there https://de.gta5-mods.com/misc/gameconfig-for-1-0944#comment-863694 already i've found another way.

"I just copy and paste <visibleMods> and <LinkMods> into another already existing modkit.
    That shit works. I see 24 Spoilers and 15 Front Bumpers ingame, but who cares? You will see very fast what tuning part is for the actual car. Maybe give it a try whoever is at the modkit/tuningkit Limit.
    I will keep your tips saved as a bookmark when i reach the limit again, if there is one. >:-D"

• This post is deleted!

• @Willief23 Hi, I have tried everything you mention in this post and I keep getting a crash on the loadscreen, a l w a y s. I am trying copying only the information of one car. And it still crashes. I also checked the spacing and everything is correct. Any ideas?

• This post is deleted!

• @Willief23 Thanks for the answer. I did make a backup of the files so I can still play gta v with mods perfectly.

I want to apologize, I had combined the "kits" part and the "lights" both inside the "kits" part of the car I was testing, so that was the problem, I have fixed it now. Maybe the other guy with the crash issue has the same problem as well!
    Thank you very much!

@Willief23 Love the comprehensive guide! Guess I don't fully understand what you're doing here, though. I mean, before I embark on a major ID re-assignment project, what is gained by moving stuff from the carcols.meta from my own DLC to another DLC? Why would that suddenly yield all valid IDs?

• This post is deleted!

• Hmmm, interesting discovery... I have just been doing some research with my data extractor tool.

I extracted all the vehicles.meta files that did not include my addons. I also extracted all the carcols.meta files that only covered the same thing. To finish the data set off, I have the carcols.ymt file that is available on this site (which doesn't include data for the latest patch I might add).

Running my extractor using the carcols.ymt file, the ID numbers assigned ranged from 8 to 86

Using the carcols.meta files, the numbers ranged from 87 to 225.

To get the full range of numbers I used both sets of carcols data (meta and ymt), which resulted in 196 modkit IDs being assigned, ranging from 8 to 225.

The thing I find interesting about that, is there is no overlap or duplication between the carcols.ymt file and the carcols.meta files.

So as there has been the new patch, which has added 4 new vehicles, what affect does that have on the carcols.ymt file and if new numbers have been added, how does that affect all those defined in the carcols.meta files? Does the game expect any IDs assigned in the carcols.meta files, to be a continuation from what exists in the carcols.ymt file?

What I need now, is the decrypted version of the carcols.ymt file from the new update.

• I meant to add, if anyone wants the data file, it's here as an excel sheet sorted by the ID column. There are three sheets, a combined sheet and then the two separate sheets for carcols.ymt and carcol.meta files based data.

ModKit ID Excel Data file

@Willief23 said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

@meimeiriver you are copying the data from the <kits> section and the <lights> of your own carcols.meta car pack to the carcols.ymt that is located in the games directory not a dlc location. And this is the default method the game uses thus why it works.

Wow, if that works, that would be brilliant! :) Wouldn't the referenced modkits in carvariations.meta in your own DLC pack ruin the fun, though? Or is it just the carcols.meta DLC that has the limitations upon it?

Again, if this works, then you discovered a major find here. Thank you!

@LeeC2202 said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

What I need now, is the decrypted version of the carcols.ymt file from the new update.

^^ Excellent observation! Almost forgot that myself. :)

@Willief23 said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

Save the new carcols.ymt file and place it under mods\update\update.rpf\x64\data

It's quite surprisingly, actually, the game apparently runs with a decrypted carcols.ymt (as you'd think the game expects an encrypted file).

• @meimeiriver said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

It's quite surprisingly, actually, the game apparently runs with a decrypted carcols.ymt (as you'd think the game expects an encrypted file).

If I remember correctly from my brief (and unpleasant) experience with RPF files, there is something in the header that says if a file is encrypted or not.

@LeeC2202 said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

@meimeiriver said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

If I remember correctly from my brief (and unpleasant) experience with RPF files, there is something in the header that says if a file is encrypted or not.

nods That I get. But the carcols.ymt file in mods\update\update.rpf\x64\data has no header: it's just an unencrypted text file. So I guess the game simply does a sanity check first, before trying to decrypt it.

• @meimeiriver It's the rpf header that holds the encryption information, not the actual file itself.

Sorry, that's not right... in the rpf file is a directory structure that holds the info for all the files. In that structure is the information that tells the reading programme if that particular file is encrypted or not.

@meimeiriver It's the rpf header that holds the encryption information, not the actual file itself.

Hmm, but we don't change any encryption flags in update.rpf, do we? Basically all we do is replace the carcols.ymt file. Unless OpenIV very cleverly does so in the background.

• @meimeiriver said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

Unless OpenIV very cleverlu does so in the background

Consider the nail firmly hit on the head. :D

@meimeiriver said in How to fix tuning parts and lights not working on addons or making your own car packs:

Unless OpenIV very cleverlu does so in the background

Consider the nail firmly hit on the head. :D

K, gotcha! :) Not that my going on about it was even remotely relevant, but just wanted to know.

• @meimeiriver If you notice when you copy the dlclist into a newly updated update.rpf file, the existing dlclist.xml is marked as Compressed\Encrypted but after you have copied the new file in, it is only marked as Compressed. I think that's where the status is updated in the rpf file.

@LeeC2202 P.S. I was just talking with Willief23 about this all, and I think I'm going to do an experiment on whether you will still need your own carcols.meta as well. Because, opinionated as I am, LOL, I figured that once you move your own carcols data to the system carcols.ymt, there should no longer be a need to have the data inside your own carcols.meta too, right? You can't empty your carcols.meta file, of course, but you can simply not define it in content.xml, is what I'm thinking.

Anyway, that will be a trivially easy experiment (remove one line from content.xml, and see what happens).

• @meimeiriver I have seen addons with empty carcols.meta files before now... in fact I had one fairly recently. I think some modders who create vehicles with no tuning parts still think they need to add the empty files.

I am still concerned over the relationship between the carcols.ymt and carcols.meta files. I need to dig back through my old backup files to do some comparision testing to see how much they change with each update. Damn... I can't do that because I need decrypted carcols.ymt files... damnit. :(

• Aha... the carcols.ymt download has version 791 in it as well... testing time. :D

Edit: Version 791, carcols.ymt still only went up to 86, so that means that in 877 and 944 where new cars were added, nothing changed in carcols.ymt.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.