Cars headlight effect on the road keeps going on and off. Help please.

• So I have an issue with vehicles when I'm driving any vehicle, vanilla or add-on, the headlights are on, you can see the light bright on the headlight it self, but then the light extended out from it to illuminate the road infront of me keeps disappearing and reappearing, on and off, but the headlight it self are still on.

At first I thought the pattern is random and it just keeps going on and off but then I noticed its by area, youll see in the Screen shots below what do I mean, at one point on the road it will be all good, as soon as I cross a line, it will go off, If you go back what you just passed it will go back on, its all over the map. and not just the vehicle I'm driving, all other vehicles driven by npc's have the same issue.

alt text
    See after anyone passes that area I circles in this pic ^ ^ ^ the effect comes back on, anything before it, its off.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

Also on the high way in the last 3 pics, once I pass a certain point, it turns it off/on. As you can see also, the break lights red illumination on the road also disappears too, but the light itself remains on

The most recent thing I've installed is the superman script mod, via package installer, which the installer said this doesnt install or replace anything to your .rpf archives, so basically just script. So I went to be sure and removed anything that had superman in the script folder (Not sure how to completely uninstall the mod) but nothing changed, the issue still persists.

Other then that, the mods that I have installed on are add-on cars, trainer, flymod, gravity gun, persistence cars, Single Player Apartment.

Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

• Don't have so many script-based mods, have too many will make your game go feral, like the problem you're having.

It also looks like you end up losing shadows too, and the taillights don't illuminate either...

• @krashadam This is my script folder right now, is there any files that belong to superman script mod (Other than the files that obviously say superman) Cuz I dnno how to do a complete uninstallation cuz I didnt manually install it. Im asking this because I only saw this issue happening after I installed the superman mod.

alt text

• @OGKnowledge I don't know what NIBMOD means, but I'll research that later.

Have you opened lua files in notepad before?

• @krashadam Okay just opened them, the NIB files have to do with the mod menu for the supermanmod, when I tried I uninstall I didn't remove them, Gonna try to remove them too now.

• @krashadam Nope, still the issue still there.

now I noticed the parts of the roads that messes it up are not the same every time I load the game btw

• @OGKnowledge Did you restore the NIBMOD files? Those seemed important.

Anyways, what I wanted you to do was open those lua files (there's 3 there, open them, send screenshots. do not delete the lua files. I need to have very good looks at those lua files, before I move on to the configuration settings. (if I decide this needs to happen.)

• @krashadam So when I deleted the files related to Single Player Apartment mod (The folder, iFruitAddon.dll, INMNativeUI.dll, SinglePlayerApartment.dll), it worked fine. This mod used to mess up my game before and I thought I found a work around it by disabling online maps in the mods settings.. Guess It created this problem?

Still need the .lua files screenshot ? Think you can find out exactly what?

• @OGKnowledge said in Cars headlight effect on the road keeps going on and off. Help please.:

@krashadam So when I deleted the files related to Single Player Apartment mod (The folder, iFruitAddon.dll, INMNativeUI.dll, SinglePlayerApartment.dll), it worked fine. This mod used to mess up my game before and I thought I found a work around it by disabling online maps in the mods settings.. Guess It created this problem?

Still need the .lua files screenshot ? Think you can find out exactly what?

Well, you seem to have gotten it working. Try test-installing 1 of every mod to see which one causes those issues. Use 1 mod at a time until you narrow down which one it is. After that, don't give (the cause of your mentioned problems) another chance.

• @krashadam Well yeah the problem isn't there anymore. so i guess that makes this topic /solved.

I don't even want the mod anymore. I'll take that a sign of not trying again lol.. good riddance.

Thanks for the help @krashadam !

• @OGKnowledge No problem. The new update must've killed that mod.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.