Help with .NET!

• @edwardlb21 I need to try and get rid of my vertigo attack, so I'm going to have to go offline for a while... I'll try and think of what else might be causing the problem. I'm struggling for potential causes though...

I don't know if there is anything in the scripthookv.log or SHVDN log that might help, have you seen any errors in there when things crash?

• @LeeC2202 I appreciate your help man, take a break if you need to!

• Both .logs are competely happy, no traces of any errors.

I should probably mention WHEN my game actually crashes:

• So it gets to story mode/online selection page,
    • I click story mode, the loading screens do their thing,
    • Just as the game's about to load me in, then it crashes.

It's not an insta-crash, I do actually almost get there...

• @edwardlb21 my guess.

1. Scripts folder could be causing this.
    2. Map editor auto load maps could also cause it.
    3. corrupt Saved game file, or saved game while using NPC not player character.

• @FoxtrotDelta

1. scripts folder is required for .NET mods isn't it?
    2. Don't have Map Editor
    3. Saved game file is fine (can load fine without .NET mods installed)

• @edwardlb21 said in Help with .NET!:

It's not an insta-crash, I do actually almost get there...

See that's the weird part... that's the type of crash I have had when I have had a malformed rpf file in my mods folder.

Let's just see whether something absolutely basic will work.

Rename your current scripts folder to something else and then create a new one.
    Make a new text file and call it showtime.cs
    Copy and paste this code into it, then copy that file into your scripts folder.

using System;
    using GTA;

namespace ShowTime
    {
        public class cShowTime : Script
        {
            public cShowTime()
            {
                this.Tick += onTick;
                Interval = 5;
    			UI.Notify("ShowTime Mod");
            }

private void onTick(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                UI.ShowSubtitle(World.CurrentDayTime.ToString());
            }
        }
    }

• @LeeC2202 I'll will try tomorrow

• @LeeC2202 And I put a mod in there too, right?

• @edwardlb21 If you create the text file with that code in it ^^^ that is the mod I want you to try. Mod files can be .cs source files as well as compiled dll files.

• @LeeC2202 Oh okay, so just that and nothing else, will do.

• @edwardlb21 Yeah, that's just a basic mod that does very little beyond prove itself to be working with a time display in the subtitle area. But as it requires SHVDN, it's an adequate test mod.

Edit: Don't put NativeUI in there, not yet.

• @LeeC2202 aaaand nope. Crsahes as normal.

• @edwardlb21 Damn... I have to admit defeat then and can only presume that it is something system related, rather than game related. I'm not that familiar with Windows 10 so I know very little about how it differs to Win 7. It's my disposable OS that I occasionally use for testing.

Really sorry I can't be of much more help... I don't like it when I have to concede defeat but I have honestly run out of ideas. :(

• @LeeC2202 That's okay man, I appreciate the work you have put in to help out.

If you take a look at the newest Windows 10 Build (15002) on the internet, do you think the new Windows Refresh could help with anything? (It reinstalls windows whilst keeping your files)

• @edwardlb21 Out of curiosity may I ask, what extension did you give to the text file where you have added the above mentioned quote?

• @ashishcw I called it showtime.cs just like Lee suggested

• @LeeC2202 You checked out Windows Refresh?

• @edwardlb21 Is that like an in-place upgrade where you install windows back over itself but don't lose anything?

• @LeeC2202 I believe so, you lose all software but windows makes a list on your desktop so you can reinstall it all.
    It's like a clean install but not quite

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.