[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• Here 1.9.2 quite another matter, also works steadily and fps doesn't load to a limit. Only has noticed one jamb, before a race one of cars cut circles when I have got up before her she has gone round me and has driven up to start. If wouldn't approach that so and continued to navorachivat circles.

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm
    Could it be that the shifting minigame didn't pop up for me as I'm using a controler? Or maybe some game setting?

Maybe your scripthookdotnet is not updated and the gear functions aren't working. Does the AI have good and bad shifts?
    If not, gears are not being correctly read.

Also, I kind of had an idea how to get rid of the waiting zone chaos, although it spoils immersion a bit but would improve gameplay a lot. Keep in mind that, as always, I'm just brainstorming as I don't know what is possible and what is not.

dragwait

That's actually a really good idea, although spawning them inside the area would be hard and tedious to code. I'd have to either set up +40 parking spots or figure out a code that keeps all the cars well organized.

My solution to this problem is this:
    routes

The problem is usually that cars try to pass through the entire waiting area to get to the starting line. I could make them try to circle it before getting there.

It may not be noticeable, but the script tries to keep cars separated to each other in the waiting area, at least 5 meters between each car. That should also help any cars that try to pass trough.

On Sandy Shores Airfield, braking suddenly is a problem again, AI cars went over the ledge and even I had some trouble to stop in time, was different in 1.9.1 where braking was working like a charm.

That's because of the new upgrades, probably. Reduce te track length to an 80 inside the .ini.

Some cars seem to take the old route back, using the dirt track beside the race track, some took a rather unnecessary long route all arount the airfield, back on the street and then coming back again, even stopping and turning around at one point. I'm not really a fan of lowrider bouncing, looked very strange to me. I love the starting gates though. Maybe something similar for the finish line?

Racers try to get to the dirtroad to the left to avoid pasing through the starting line. Depending on where they end up when finishing a race, they take the correct route or a really long one. Can't do much about it except try to make better routes.

@DiMiD777 said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Here 1.9.2 quite another matter, also works steadily and fps doesn't load to a limit. Only has noticed one jamb, before a race one of cars cut circles when I have got up before her she has gone round me and has driven up to start. If wouldn't approach that so and continued to navorachivat circles.

Nice to see its working better now. If you have FPS drops in certain meets, go to /GTA V/Scripts/DragMeets/Meets/ and find the meet youre having issues with. Then, open the .xml and edit MaxCarLimit, lower it.

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Maybe your scripthookdotnet is not updated and the gear functions aren't working. Does the AI have good and bad shifts?

I'll try download and install it and report back to what happened.

That's actually a really good idea, although spawning them inside the area would be hard and tedious to code. I'd have to either set up +40 parking spots or figure out a code that keeps all the cars well organized.

Actually, I thought it to be quite easy. You just have to find the coordinated for the first and just add in X and/or Y direction to place the next, which, I think, could be easily done by a routine. I thought it a lot harder to calculate not only the next position but also the correct direction within a circle but that is up to you.

It may not be noticeable, but the script tries to keep cars separated to each other in the waiting area, at least 5 meters between each car. That should also help any cars that try to pass trough.

At least on my screen, this isn't working as the cars basically pile on each other to get close to the center of the waiting circle.

Racers try to get to the dirtroad to the left to avoid pasing through the starting line. Depending on where they end up when finishing a race, they take the correct route or a really long one. Can't do much about it except try to make better routes.

Actually, I don't care about what path they take as long as the "avoid passing through the starting line" part works.
    Is there actually a path set in a meets XML-file? I could try and figure out some working coordinates and, when I'm content with them, send them for you to try out?

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

I'll try download and install it and report back to what happened.

Okay, problem solved, my bad.

• Damn Eddlm, you keep bringing out updates faster than i can post opinions on them :grin: . From my testing of 1.9.1 (didn't try 1.9.1b) the AI was greatly improved in getting to the start line - I only had to push 2 cars over the time I tested it, on 1.9 it was pretty much every 2 to 3 races. The AI braking distances seem fine as well, i use a handling mod which just decreases the drag to increase the acceleration/top speed but the mod doesn't touch the brakes at all. So even with the increased speed etc. the cars seem to stop fine. I'll jump onto 1.9.2 in a little while - sorry my feedback is behind the updates, and thanks again.

• @Eddlm
    Now that my shifting mini game works, I immediately have something to say about it! :grin:

First of all, the upper left corner seems to be a very uncomfortable place to look for shifting commands. bottom center would, in my opinion, be better, as you normally look at your car and not the sky when racing.
    Also, I somehow had the opinion that the messages kind of overlapped thenmselves. I sometimes seem to shift pretty quick and still get the "too late" response. Reason for that could be that the "good shift" message is still displayed while underneath the next shift command is already there. Two different indicators side by side, not in the same place, would maybe help. For good or bad shifts you'd only need something like a light as indicator, starting at yellow when shift command comes up and turning green or red, depending on outcome of shifting. Or maybe even display a light indicator only, that is black, turns yellow when it is time to shift and then changes color depending on being good or bad shifting.
    But having it in a more visible area would be much more convenient.

• @Regash
    alt text

Here's what I've come up with, turns out there's a "DRAW_RECTANGLE" function.

I'd prefer a circle near the up-center of the screen, similar to GTA Online countdowns, but this was easier to code. It will serve as a placeholder for now.

The same is true for the countdown, but I've already figured that out in Street Races so it will be ported to Drag Meets.

I've been watching Need For Speed Underground 2 Drags and I really like the hud, but it would be complex as hell to receate here (and I don't have patience to code pretty graphics). I'll look for a light sprite or something like that and try to implement what you have described.

@l8ty3187

The AI was greatly improved in getting to the start line
    I only had to push 2 cars over the time I tested it

:laughing:

So you like to race completly black dukes, huh? :wink:
    For me it's the Hotknife, Blade or Slamvan.

Here's what I've come up with, turns out there's a "DRAW_RECTANGLE" function.
    I'd prefer a circle near the up-center of the screen, similar to GTA Online countdowns, but this was easier to code. It will serve as a placeholder for now.

A bit big but, as you said, for a placeholder it's awesome. :thumbsup_tone2:
    And maybe, where there is a DRAW_RECTANGLE funtion, a DRAW_CIRCLE function might not be far? :wink:

The same is true for the countdown, but I've already figured that out in Street Races so it will be ported to Drag Meets.

I'm excited to see it!

I've been watching Need For Speed Underground 2 Drags and I really like the hud, but it would be complex as hell to receate here (and I don't have patience to code pretty graphics). I'll look for a light sprite or something like that and try to implement what you have described.

That HUD would be completely over the top for a mod, man! No, I really think that Drag Meets 2.0 is on a very good way to become one of the most awesome mods. If you're into drag racing, that is, of course! :grin:

By the way, what is that blue 59 thingy in the upper right corner? New feature? Or just a FPS display?

• @Eddim I have tested 1.9.2 know for a while. I like it so much great work until yet.
    But in one point this mod feels not good for me.
    It is the reaction time that the AI needs to break. Espesially at LS Airport or Sandy Shores Airport on the high speed tracks.
    I have watched the cars after they passed the finishing line. They do not break immediately they have passed the line. They could much more hit the brakes in my opinion. Especially when you play with Reallistic Driving Mods this could be useful if they break harder and faster. Only if you save a few of meters it would be great.
    Of course you can lower the length of the tracks to 80 or 75%, but in my opinion you will also lower the fun a little bit.

Two more things could be fixed in my opinion:
    When you go to the starting line and make your bet you should have a bit more time. For me it is too less space to compare the cars to make the best bet.
    And you should not can cancel the meet by the girl on the starting line. I have canceled the meets more than one time by making a bet. That's not so funny ;-).

But I can't wait until the time has come that the drag meets 2.0 is finished.

You made a great job in my opinion and Drag Meets is one of my favorite mods in my game. Keep on rockin ...

• @EddIm

I have an idea how you could increase the fun of bet.
    If we could know, which cars are driving the next race, and could bet to this cars you would have enough time to make the right bet.
    And if those cars who makes the next race could have a extra parking area where you can watch those cars and make your bet - that would be great!

• @Schwingeplay

It is the reaction time that the AI needs to break. Espesially at LS Airport or Sandy Shores Airport on the high speed tracks.
    I have watched the cars after they passed the finishing line. They do not break immediately they have passed the line. They could much more hit the brakes in my opinion. Especially when you play with Reallistic Driving Mods this could be useful if they break harder and faster. Only if you save a few of meters it would be great.
    Of course you can lower the length of the tracks to 80 or 75%, but in my opinion you will also lower the fun a little bit.

I agree. I can make them brake harder, but then they lose control on the spot and end up spinning like crazy.
    Still working on it.

Two more things could be fixed in my opinion:
    When you go to the starting line and make your bet you should have a bit more time. For me it is too less space to compare the cars to make the best bet.

Agreed too. Anyway, the countdown doesn't start until you leave the area.

And you should not can cancel the meet by the girl on the starting line. I have canceled the meets more than one time by making a bet. That's not so funny ;-).

People asked for a way to despawn meets and that's what I came up with. I'll see what I can figure out.

If we could know, which cars are driving the next race, and could bet to this cars you would have enough time to make the right bet. And if those cars who makes the next race could have a extra parking area where you can watch those cars and make your bet - that would be great!

This is already planned but I need -again- to figure it out.

• As for placing bets, I still believe that a window popping up, where you can choose the car you want to place your money on with a key or controller, would be the easiest, most comoftable way to place bets. The NPC can place bets without running around as well! :laughing:

The wayfinding routine at the Blaine Country Jail Meet can't handle the gate, I was more often busy with dragging and shoving other cars into position than I was with racing. Also, the prison guards at one point will attack the starter girl for firing a weapon and kill her. Yes, a replacement spawns immediately but it is somehow silly. (At least, give her a minigun, so she can defend properly! :laughing:

The idea of having cars parked in a pre-race-area sounds quite nice, you could actually put them a bit behind the starting line, so the start of the next race will be quicker and easier. Although I'm not sure about the players car and if you'll have to drive in there or not.

• Hey Eddlm,

We started talking a while back and I was helping you with some feedback for realism. Could I help you with testing? Oh, and also, thank you for adding the realistic handling stopping distance. That was one of the major things we discussed. Thank you for listening.

• Wow, okay in testing I found a really weird issue. The cars pull up to the line and when the flag girl shoots the flare poeple standing around waiting all start pulling out guns and shooting everyone and its a massive shootout. They keep killing the flag girl and one after another keeps spawning. That makes it unplayable. I am using 1.9.1

I just tried 1.9.2 and this seems to have been fixed.

Another cool thing that you can implement would be a tire warming gauge. Its green and then we start our burnout and then it turns orange and then red to let us know its ready. That would be cool.

• @EddIm I have an idea for the mod
    When spawning the meet there will be settings like the car category
    Because the airport one for example:Is full of supercars and sports

• @MaxIsAGangster950 You can already change what types of cars will be at a meet in the XML file associated with that specific meet

• nice to see that this mod getting better and better i very like it but i got one question is it posible to add also a drag meet spawn place only for motorcycles will be awsome anyway keep it up

• Just letting you guys know, I'm taking a little break to focus on my studies and prevent my brain from melting due to stress.
    A week or two. We can still perfectly keep discussing the development meanwhile.

@Schwingeplay

If we could know, which cars are driving the next race, and could bet to this cars you would have enough time to make the right bet.
    And if those cars who makes the next race could have a extra parking area where you can watch those cars and make your bet - that would be great!

I've spend a few hours figuring this out and I have it working, but there's a big issue, regarding the player.
    Basically the mechanics are harder to understand, as you need to leave your car inside the waiting area for longer, so the next (and not the current) picking includes you.

It also has forced me to remove some mechanics that don't work with two rounds being stored at the same time, only one.

Soo need to figure that out too. If I'm able to fix it there you go, its included.

@Spitfire7

Another cool thing that you can implement would be a tire warming gauge. Its green and then we start our burnout and then it turns orange and then red to let us know its ready. That would be cool.

Working on it, I'm not into graphics, so ... Be sure some kind of meter will be included but I'm not sure it will be a working gauge.

I'm taking a little break to focus on my studies and prevent my brain from melting due to stress.

Take your time, it's not like we need this mod next week.
    Still wish I could help, though.

• @EddIm

Take your time and do it how you have to do it ... thanks for your work and time and this great mod.
    And i also wish i could help you much more than talking, but i don't know how it works.
    In witch language do you write your mods?

• This post is deleted!

• @Eddlm The girl doesn't show lol. But the car did lol. And when I run in 1.9.2 the game carsh..

• @DiMiD777 Me too.. When I run in 1.9.2 the game grash.

• @DiMiD777 @BryantBee
    Do you guys have every other required mod up to date, like Scipthook and stuff?
    Are you running legal and up-to-date copies of the game?
    This may cause issues if not. Or maybe one of you other mods clashes with this one?
    Because 1.9.2 doesn't cause any crashes for me and a couple of others.

• There is also no crash on my System. It works very well for me and makes a lot of fun !!!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.