[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Regash Hey bro, may I have your facebook and I can send some photo to you to figure out the problem?? Plz~~~

• No crashes on my system either other than the cars crashing into each other like a demolition derby in a big mess of metal and destruction.

• @BryantBee Sorry, I don't have facebook and I never will. And I'm nobodys "bro".
    Why don't you use an image hoster and post them here? Postimage is a free service and will provide you with a link so you can post your images here.

But be aware that I'm no expert and I'm only a user like you. But you didn't answer my question. Did you go through all of your installed mods, mainly Scripthook and stuff, and checked that they are up to date? Do you run a legal copy of GTA V?

• If the entire game crashes, it's most likely a game version issue.

Regarding the thing about having the next racers set up while the current race is still going, its done.
    alt text

I've also used it do differenciate "Official" Meets and Street ones, so they feature different game mechanics.

I'm also making sure modded/add-on cars work.
    alt text

• @Regash Sorry.. Sure I did. But when I press E to spwan the meet, it just keep running in black screen.

• @Eddlm Really nice work!! Sadly, I still can't play. But I will try my best to fix it.
    By the way, when you finished 2.0 hope you can make a list to told us what all we need to installed to play this mod. Thank you!!

• @Eddlm 1.9.2 works fine only the wheelie doesnt come up for me with a muscle car maybe i do something wrong ive got all tuning upgrades without the suspension ive got the high end wheels on it for the grib and i warm up the wheels b4 start ive tried with the dukes muscle car but it wont come up its not a big problem for me anyway and i noticed something els it was a kinda funny when i tried to spawn a car with menyoo i just use the manual spawn option so i type the name of the car when the car comes down there came a tekst up with a friend joined the meet and he stoled my car and i can interact him like the same with the normal peds in the race as friend <---- this is something what belongs to the script ? if yes how to use it ? coz it will be funny if i can add bodyguards to the race btw when that happend i didnt had any bodyguards

• @InYourFace Please, divide your text in paragraphs next time. Maybe its because I'm sick, but I find walls of text really hard to read.

1.9.2 works fine only the wheelie doesnt come up for me with a muscle car

Make sure you also have custom tires on it.

And yeah, after you join a meet, any new car you enter spawns a new opponent.

You can't switch cars after you're joined. You'd have to leave/despawn the meet then join again.
    This should change in the future.

@Regash Sorry.. Sure I did. But when I press E to spwan the meet, it just keep running in black screen.
    @Eddlm Really nice work!! Sadly, I still can't play. But I will try my best to fix it.

If you're stuck in a black screen, use shift+insert to reload scripts and make it go away.
    You can also know what happened by going to your GTA V folder and looking for the latest ScriptHookVDotNet2[date].log file.

By the way, when you finished 2.0 hope you can make a list to told us what all we need to installed to play this mod. Thank you!!

Just ScriptHook and ScriptHookDotNet, in the future it may also require NativeUI, but not for now.

• @Eddlm i can understand man sorry about that^^ ive got the custom tires on it and i make the wheels warm enough i got almost holes in the ground lol

but ive got 2 other questions 1 the Faster AI Drivers 2.2 is not needed anymore?

2 - Auto-Center Steering Patch still good for it or i can also remove it ?

• @Eddlm Thank you so much~~~~~ I fix the problem with running in black screen. But still no race lol. Yes, I will go take a look, although I can't understand them lol.

• @Eddlm [20:13:51] [ERROR] Caught fatal unhandled exception:
    System.NullReferenceException: 並未將物件參考設定為物件的執行個體。
    於 Drag_Meets_Reborn.DragMeets.HandleMeetSpawnDespawn(Boolean immersive)
    於 Drag_Meets_Reborn.DragMeets.OnTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    於 GTA.Script.raise_Tick(Object value0, EventArgs value1)
    於 GTA.Script.MainLoop()

Seem this is the problem, but I can't understood lol.....

How may I fix this?

• @EddIm
    Hey man, I thought you wanted to take a break of 1-2 weeks to get your head back free - you're unbelievable ;-).
    The pictures look great. I can hardly expect the changes to play.
    Did you get on with the brake behavior?
    I have now installed a really good driving modification - Realistic Driving V from Killertomate. Tell you what, right?
    Is for me the best driving modification so far.
    The final speeds are fantastic, but the braking distance is catastrophic for "drag meets".

• This post is deleted!

• @Schwingeplay

Hey man, I thought you wanted to take a break of 1-2 weeks to get your head back free - you're unbelievable ;-).

And I am, I'm not actively developing the script. However I dedicate some minutes from time to time, when I have free time and I'm bored. Coding is fun after all! It only gets problematic when I sink too much time in it.

Did you get on with the brake behavior?
    I have now installed a really good driving modification - Realistic Driving V from Killertomate. Tell you what, right?
    Is for me the best driving modification so far.
    The final speeds are fantastic, but the braking distance is catastrophic for "drag meets".

Its fixed, in a way. You can go to /GTA V/scripts/DragMeets/config.ini and change the Distance Multiplier to something lower, like 70. It will reduce the track length to a 70% of its original length and give the cars space to brake.

I could force the cars to brake much stronger by applying magical forces, but I prefer keeping the realism and respecting their new brake forces.

@BryantBee

@Eddlm [20:13:51] [ERROR] Caught fatal unhandled exception:
    System.NullReferenceException: 並未將物件參考設定為物件的執行個體。
    於 Drag_Meets_Reborn.DragMeets.HandleMeetSpawnDespawn(Boolean immersive)
    於 Drag_Meets_Reborn.DragMeets.OnTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    於 GTA.Script.raise_Tick(Object value0, EventArgs value1)
    於 GTA.Script.MainLoop()
    How may I fix this?

Try going to different meets and see if all of them crash.

• @InYourFace

the Faster AI Drivers 2.2 is not needed anymore?

You still need it to allow racers to reach their car's top speed.

2 - Auto-Center Steering Patch still good for it or i can also remove it ?

Up to you! If you like its effect keep it, it won't cause problems with Drag Meets.

• @InYourFace
    In V 1.9.2 you don't fit High Ends on a muscle car but Muscle tires!
    Also, as Eddlm said, custom tires.
    And a friggin' burnout to heat up tires nicely. Works for me and my Hotknife all the time.

@Eddlm
    Any chance you're gonna share the difference in game mechanics between official and street meets?
    Also, with the pre race staging, will the player also have to prestage, meaning moving his car from waiting to prerace?

• when i downloaded 1.9.2 it said that it google chrome blocked it

• @Eddlm Yes, They all running in black screen...lol.

In 1.9.1 I can run this mod, but the start won't show and there is no race girl, so I can't race lol...

• Hey I just want to make sure, is this the forum where you upload your latest updates and fixes/versions? I don't want to miss the next update. I currently have 1.9.2. Is that the latest version out currently?

• @Spitfire7
    You are right - V1.9.2 is the latest Version of Drag Meets so far. But i hope EddIm will release the next version as soon as possible. I would like to test the new modifikations that he made so far.

• @BryantBee

@Eddlm Yes, They all running in black screen...lol.
    In 1.9.1 I can run this mod, but the start won't show and there is no race girl, so I can't race lol...

Have you updated the DragMeets folder aswell? I made some changes to the meet files.

@Regash

@Eddlm
    Any chance you're gonna share the difference in game mechanics between official and street meets?

There aren't real differences yet, except for the race staging. Ideally, these will be the differences in the future:

• Racers will challenge each other in Street meets. In Official meets, they're picked by an external entity, with racer staging.
    • Racers will bet differents amounts of money on each race in Street Meets. The prize is fixed in the Official meets, but is usually higher.
    • Only 1vs1 can be done in Street meets. Official Meets will allow more racers per race.
    • Street meets can be disbanded by the police, Official meets can't.

Unless we find another fitting location, the only Official meet will be the airport one, all other meets being Street. Trevor's airfield meet will still be the biggest Street meet of San Andreas.

Also, with the pre race staging, will the player also have to prestage, meaning moving his car from waiting to prerace?

The player will be prompted to prepare for the next race, yeah. While in there, you can check out your opponents' cars and do burnouts to warm up the wheels. Other racers will do the same, at least the burnout part.

@Spitfire7

Hey I just want to make sure, is this the forum where you upload your latest updates and fixes/versions? I don't want to miss the next update. I currently have 1.9.2. Is that the latest version out currently?

Yeah, this thread will contain all the newest updates for Drag Meets. The mod's page is stuck at 1.8 and won't be updated ever again, when we reach 2.0 here I'll upload the mod officially.

Next version will be 1.9.3 and it will contain (if all goes well)

• UI for the shifting minigame
    • Racer staging in Official meets (only the airport for now)
    • Persistent player reputation, useless for now
    • Improved racer braking behavior (I've forced them to brake stronger, but it's causing issues with realistic handling mods because they now lock the brakes and steer out of control)
    • More excuses for Racers leaving and joining Meets over time
    • More Racers
    • More fitting Racer models
    • A fix for the racer saver system, which wasn't saving Reaction Times correctly
    • Another fix to make wheels actually cool down

If I have enough time, it should be out this weekend.

• Very cool, great job. I am looking forward to it.

• @Eddlm Hey there I dont wanna bother with you this,you are still working on it but there is race icon on the map(green icon) i cant see any race/cars happening on there.Are we not getting any notification(message) anymore ? bc i did not receive any.(1.9.1) and

How did you access v1.9.2 ? There is only 1.9.1 at top of the op.

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

And a friggin' burnout to heat up tires nicely

i've tried with the muscle tires + custom tires and stock suspension and the burnout
    I started with the burnout even b4 the countdown goes
    the car lift abit but the wheels wont come from te ground

anyway ii'l hope that the final version have information about the parts
    what is needed
    and havent got any tekst about my wheelie that it is failed
    maybe a bar for the bournout will b also nice

thanks for sharing tips i iwill try it again ad some point

• @Eddlm Still the same problem, and it said path to startingline not found..

Maybe I should wait for your next version lol.

By the way, thnak you!!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.