[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Aiakos said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

How did you access v1.9.2 ? There is only 1.9.1 at top of the op.

Link for 1.9.2 is on page 5 of this thread.

• @Regash Oh thank you,did not look at every page mb.

• @Eddlm can u make a version for a gta 5 that has been cracked.

• @dragracer777 I suggest you read this https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/4943/readme-frequently-asked-questions-site-related and this https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/8/gta5-mods-com-community-guidelines

And take note about what it says about pirated versions of the game.

In particular:

Do I need a genuine version of GTA V to use mods?
    Pirated versions are not supported on this site and are not guaranteed to work properly.

and

Posting any of the following on the forums or in direct messages may result in both your forum and website account being banned:

• Discussions about malware or pirated content

• Okay I have an idea that might be really cool for you and all of us. You have a countdown and then she shoots the gun. The count down almost seems pointless since she shoots the gun randomly a second or so later. To really test our reaction times what if you sync the gun right at 0. This way we can hit the gas the second it hits 0. Or don't do a countdown like in real life and we go as soon as she shoots. That is most realistic, but maybe not as fun.

Her shooting is kind of hard to go by because she does several movements so its confusing when to actually go and I either find myself with a slow reaction time or disqualify for too early. My suggestion would be to sync the count down with the gun.

It currently goes, 6,5,4,3,2,1, she waits 10 milliseconds, then raises her arm (Gotcha jk) , and then fires. What was the point of the count down then, you know? I find myself sometimes hitting the gas/immediately hitting the break and then hitting the gas again being confused. Needs to be one action not several which makes it confusing.

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

• @dragracer777

@Eddlm can u make a version for a gta 5 that has been cracked.

No. However if your problem is that you don't have the new cars, don't worry about it. Drag Meets 2.0 skips cars it doesn't find ingame.

@Spitfire7 Hah, the countdown is so I make sure the script is running it and its not stuck. More debug info, basically.
    New versions will change that to either no countdown (she will aim for two seconds before shooting instead) or a three second, big countdown shown in the screen.

• @Spitfire7
    I've been to many RL dragraces. The actual RL starting device is the "christmas tree", a pole with several lights on it, namely two white, 3 yellow, 1 green and 1 red, from top to bottom. The two white lights are staging lights, they light up when the front wheel of the car is in the right position and the car is "staged", meaning it is in the right position to start the race. The mod uses a yellow pointer for that, that vanishes when staged.

In the lower class races, like street legal or Stock modified, the 3 yellow lights now actually give a countdown, lighting up from top to bottom in an interval and, yes, you are right about that, the green light is following that interval and is not having a random timer. Drivers actually use that to their advantage.

In the upper classes however, like top fuel or top alcohol, the christmas tree works different, as all of the 3 yellow lights light up at the same time, followed by the green light. There is no countdown.

The red light only indicates a false start, meaning when the wheel left the staging position to early.

It is a tricky business to start, as there is so much to consider. When first you let go of the brakes, the car will not immediately launch, it will have a general movemont of it's body first with the back going down, putting pressure on the rear axle and the front going up, turning into a wheelie when power and grip are sufficient. So waiting till the green light is on will cost you precious time. Since this will be a fun mod, not a drag racing simulator, I think we need some kind of randomness to it. I found myself making pretty good starts when I have half throttle and release the brakes when I see the girl starting to move. When brakes are released, go full throttle, because in this mod a wheelie gives you a boost while in RL the wheelie actually takes away time and power.

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Spitfire7
    I've been to many RL dragraces. The actual RL starting device is the "christmas tree", a pole with several lights on it, namely two white, 3 yellow, 1 green and 1 red, from top to bottom. The two white lights are staging lights, they light up when the front wheel of the car is in the right position and the car is "staged", meaning it is in the right position to start the race. The mod uses a yellow pointer for that, that vanishes when staged.

In the lower class races, like street legal or Stock modified, the 3 yellow lights now actually give a countdown, lighting up from top to bottom in an interval and, yes, you are right about that, the green light is following that interval and is not having a random timer. Drivers actually use that to their advantage.

In the upper classes however, like top fuel or top alcohol, the christmas tree works different, as all of the 3 yellow lights light up at the same time, followed by the green light. There is no countdown.

The red light only indicates a false start, meaning when the wheel left the staging position to early.

It is a tricky business to start, as there is so much to consider. When first you let go of the brakes, the car will not immediately launch, it will have a general movemont of it's body first with the back going down, putting pressure on the rear axle and the front going up, turning into a wheelie when power and grip are sufficient. So waiting till the green light is on will cost you precious time. Since this will be a fun mod, not a drag racing simulator, I think we need some kind of randomness to it. I found myself making pretty good starts when I have half throttle and release the brakes when I see the girl starting to move. When brakes are released, go full throttle, because in this mod a wheelie gives you a boost while in RL the wheelie actually takes away time and power.

Yeah we need this

• @Spitfire7
    @Zievs

Yeah we need this

At most you're going to get two traffic lights between the cars :rofl:

Its interesting to see how RL drag races work, but that christmas tree doesn't even exist ingame. Its going to be hard to emulate it.

Since this will be a fun mod, not a drag racing simulator, I think we need some kind of randomness to it.

What do you mean? Where?

I found myself making pretty good starts when I have half throttle and release the brakes when I see the girl starting to move. When brakes are released, go full throttle, because in this mod a wheelie gives you a boost while in RL the wheelie actually takes away time and power.

I think I can make wheelies take away some power, if you guys want that. Or, at least, not give a powerful boost.

My wheelie method gives boosts because I'm actually simply applying a forwards force some meters under the car, forcing it to lift and pushing it ahead in the process. I can try to push backwards above the car, should have the same effect but not have any boost.

By the way, I've tried to make Street races have the girl do a hands-up hands-down animation instead of shooting a gun, but it looks so silly.
    alt text

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

What do you mean? Where?

I was refering to the other guy complaining about the shot of the flare being a bit random after the countdown. I'm okay with it. I was just posting about the christmas tree so the other guy would understand that in RL you also "gamble" with your clutch and risk a red light on every start. I'm all fine with countdown and flare.

I think I can make wheelies take away some power, if you guys want that. Or, at least, not give a powerful boost.

No, no, it's just fine as it is! Like I said, this is fun, not a simulator.
    Wheelies look cool and if cool gives benefits, all the better!

• @Eddlm My guess would be that it is possible, use the model from Asetto Corsa or something, then get it in game as a addon object like other models on the site, then just work together with a good scripter and it could work with your countdown in the mod! I dont know, just my guess...

Anyway, really looking forward to 2.0 man :D

• Playing around with cameras. Its intended to help with people who just wanna spectate.

I've been also trying to get some long drags going, where the track follows a road with its curves and stuff. They work but there are some issues regarding the heading, (angle of the finish line doesn't match with the angle of the starting line).

I've been also trying to get some long drags going, where the track follows a road with its curves and stuff. They work but there are some issues regarding the heading, (angle of the finish line doesn't match with the angle of the starting line).

That isn't drag racing, that is street racing. Oh well, I don't have to spawn those, right?

Anyway, any progress on parachutes? :smile:

• @Eddlm
    Could you make a racer editor?
    I want to get Add-On cars infomation like cars in Racer.xml.

• @supra13 Already done. Check the configuration file. (GTA V/scripts/DragMeets/config.ini)

• @Aaaqil Check the OP.
    @Regash

Anyway, any progress on parachutes? :smile:

Zero, I'm not focusing on it right now.

I've been working on spectator cameras, so people don't have to hop in as a passenger every time they want to watch a race up close.

Also
    alt text
    alt text

Remember this lady?

Remember this lady?

Hm, not really, but sure as hell reminds me of the "Wagon Queen Familiy Truckster" from the "National Lampoons Vacation" movie. :laughing:

Family Truckster

• @Eddlm
    Yes, of course. Regina with the Station Wagon. The fastest Lady i have ever seen ;-)

• @Schwingeplay said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm
    Yes, of course. Regina with the Station Wagon. The fastest Lady i have ever seen ;-)

Pssst, Regina is not the drivers but the cars name.
    It's a Dundreary Regina. Who is driving it, we'll never know! :laughing:

• @Regash
    Ups. Please don't tell it to other people. She looks to me like a "Regina" much more than the car ;-).
    But of course you are right and i think you know what i mean ...

• The fact that the Dragster Regina works means custom engine multipliers are working again, so there will be more car variety in the races. Lower tier cars can still pack a punch.

Just so you guys know, I'm working on the way Drag Meets picks racers, regarding Street Meets.
    Official meets will pick cars based on performance, but Street meets will make racers challenge each other to form the pair needed to race. Remember that you can already challenge others, I'm just passing that ability to the other Racers.

This will further separate Street meets from Official ones, and make things more personal, as Racers will now actively challenge you, instead of an unknown entity picking your opponent.

Racer picking in Street Meets will go like this:

• AI vs AI: same behavior as now, script will pick the opponents. Notifications will make it appaear as if the first racer challenged the others and they accepted.
    • AI vs Player: You'll get a notification telling you that X racer has challenged you to a race, with a defined bet. Inintially you won't be able to refuse, but it will probably implemented later on.
    • Player vs AI: same behavior as now, you challenge racers, they accept, you race. In the future they could refuse the challenge if they think they're no match for you.

• @Eddlm
    Oh man, that are great news. Especially the variety of the cars and the betting system is what I am looking forward to.
    The new camera settings are certainly also very cool.
    I can not wait until you release the latest version 1.9.3 !!!!

• @Schwingeplay I'm working on the bets right now, thank god for the weekend.

Making racer vs racer bets is proving tricky, because the ammount of money at stake depends on how much money Racers have and how much they're willing to bet. I'm afraid I'm going to need to rewrite the Prize/Bet system to accomodate for this feature.

Once its done, I'll release an update.

• And maybe let them have bigger purses as I already seen so many of them leave a meet before even racing once, as all their money was gone and they couldn't even afford to race anymore, just because they've lost everything betting.

By the way, I finally found the small parachute we were talking about in the beginning.
    It's name is: p_cargo_chute_s (At least it is called that in the Menyoo spooner.)

• aww man this is awesome XD I like how the car status displayed, it's more realistic when people in a group check out a cars and thing,,

but could you please make the money deducted from player money even when i player as freemale player? :(
    cause in the 1.9.1 version I won't be picked since the freemode male player doesn't have money :(

cause I like Role playing as a street racer and car lover, I use SPA Mod by @ImNotMentaL ( it deduct money from a player even if I use Freemode male player ) to have a low end appartement, and have a car and make some money from races and things to buy more stuff like high end appartement or more cars and upgrade at benny's

too bad I can't participate because of this :(

Please make this happened, i love all of your MODs

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.