[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Eddlm maybe you could make the girl shoot using one handed like a gangsta instead of two handed :D

• @novanaja21

could you please make the money deducted from player money even when i player as freemale player? :(
    cause in the 1.9.1 version I won't be picked since the freemode male player doesn't have money :(

cause I like Role playing as a street racer and car lover, I use SPA Mod by @ImNotMentaL ( it deduct money from a player even if I use Freemode male player ) to have a low end appartement, and have a car and make some money from races and things to buy more stuff like high end appartement or more cars and upgrade at benny's
    too bad I can't participate because of this :(

Next version (1.9.3) will remove the meet fee and will instead work on racer vs racer bets. If one of the racers has no money, the race will not have a bet on it (neither will win or lose money). That will allow people like you to play, although you will still not be able to gain or lose money. Only main characters seem to be able to do that.

It would be nice to figure out a way to gain/lose money as an NPC, I'll ask around.

• Next version (1.9.3) will remove the meet fee and will instead work on racer vs racer bets. If one of the racers has no money, the race will not have a bet on it (neither will win or lose money). That will allow people like you to play, although you will still not be able to gain or lose money. Only main characters seem to be able to do that.

It would be nice to figure out a way to gain/lose money as an NPC, I'll ask around.

that would be nice :)
    for now on I'm tweaking the configuration files to make the cash needed $0 to sign up in the race.
    It's good to have the race even if I didn't get the money at all XD

I'm looking forward to have a real bet on a race with my freemode characters.
    Thx man, you're Awesome :D

• @Aaaqil So do I lol.. I try my best to figure out, but still can't run this mod...

• Around when is this going to be available (the new version)?

• @Aaaqil said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm i have problems with loading some of the meets in 1.9.2 ? but 1.9.1 works fine any ideas
    and i have an idea for the mod pinkslips ?

try to set "false" on manual spawn meeting
    I can't run when it set to manual but seems okay with the auto spawn even if still buggy a lil

• @novanaja21 Thanks, it does work, but there is no race . Cars and crowds did. The system said The path to starting line not found. How may I fix this?

• Give 1.9.3

• @bullion40

Around when is this going to be available (the new version)?

@DiMiD777

Give 1.9.3

Let the craftsman finish his work, unless you want it to be unpolished.

And buggy.

Your punishment for your impatience is a screenshot of the finish-cam.
    alt text

• @BryantBee said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@novanaja21 Thanks, it does work, but there is no race . Cars and crowds did. The system said The path to starting line not found. How may I fix this?

well, thats the buggy part, sometimes it spawned well sometimes don't
    you need to hit the Insert Button ( refreshing script ).
    another bug is sometimes there would be a gun fight when the girls shoot the flare and some peds notice this as a war declare.

• I look every day felt 200 times whether the new version has finally been posted.
    I am very curious how the new update has become ...

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Your punishment for your impatience is a screenshot of the finish-cam.

Only in effect on NPC races, I suppose?

• For now its for ALL races. Ideally, it would be NPC vs NPC when you have the new "cinematic" cam enabled, and Player vs NPC races if the finish is close enough to be worth a slow-mo photo finish.

The cam has two modes, generic and close up, chosen depending on how close the race is.

• So it will take me out of my 1st person camera when I get close to he finish line?

• @Regash I'm fixing it, don't fret.

• I didn't fret, I was just asking! :slight_smile:

• 1.9.3 Chrome warns about a virus, but virustotal says it's clean.

Download at your own risk while I try to figure out what Chrome is smoking.

Added

• A little hud for the shifting minigame.

• Spectator camera for NPC vs NPC races. It will trigger if you're looking at the starting line (the girl, specifically) when the racers finish betting, just before the countdown.
      This camera will also act as a photo-finish camera if the races finish really close.
      In the future, there should be an option to allow this camera for player races too.

• Second-row racers (how the hell do I call this?) in the Official meets. Basically, while the Racers are approaching the starting line, a new group of racers will be picked for the next heat.
      Looks cool and some of you asked for it, so here it is.

• Street Race Meets. They work exactly like the usual Drag Meets, but the track follows a road instead of being completely straight. Experimental, but fun. There are three scattered around the map.
      They have an orange icon in the map to differenciate them from the normal (green) Meets, so @Regash can avoid them. :stuck_out_tongue:

• In Street Meets, racers who have Reputation over 70% will try to challenge higher-tier racers. The player racer also does this, automatically.

Fixed/Improved

• Improved the Performance calculation to give more importance to cars' acceleration.
    • Racers will leave after they participate in 6 races, lose all money or their Reputation falls below 40%. This is to enforce racers leaving and joining and having more dynamic Meets, its subject to change.
    • Racers' models will be taken from a list (thanks @mkeezay30) instead of being random. This allows for proper looking peds, no more grandmas around. Except the Dragster Regina one. :tongue:
    • Improved racer speed/positioning while reaching the starting line.
    • Removed the countdown. The flaregun girl now aims for a few seconds before shooting, giving you time to prepare.
    • Racers maintain better control of their cars when slowing down, after reaching the finish.
    • Removed the pay-per-race fee system for both Official and Street meets.
    • Official Meets now require one big fee on joining. The Prize remains the same (Prize defined in the .ini * Nº of Racers).
    • Street Meets: Big changes on the money movement.
      • There's no fee for entering nor participating.
      • The prize is not a "prize" anymore, but a bet between the racers, independent of the non-participant bets. It is calculated from the racers' money, player included. You can't change how much you're going to bet for now.
        If one of the racers doesn't have money, there won't be any bet. This should help allowing custom models to participate, @novanaja21.
    • Street Meets, regarding the "picking" system:
      • Internally works exactly the same as before, but its displayed in a more intuitive manner through the notifications.
        Now, one racer looks for other racers to challenge and race against, instead of two racers pairing "randomly". Then, the bet is set.
    • Reworked the Racer saving/generating system to be smarter. It will notify you when it uses your car as a sample to generate a new generic racer. If you want to generate a defined racer (tuning parts, name, etc) you need to press the Character Wheel key (ALT) while joining a Meet. You can press that same key while doing a burnout to leave the Meet, helps when adding a lot of racers.

• Fixed Racers not saving their ReactionTime correctly.

• Basic player persistence has been implemented, but its disabled for now. You can check the Player.xml file inside DragMeets/Racers, stores your races won/lost, but it won't load them into your Racer yet. Causes issues.

• Bad shifts now damage the engine gradually, taking a hit each time.

• Tons of little things I haven't noted down and forgot already.

Bugs/Issues I'm aware of

• Some Meets may have a variety of issues. I haven't thoroughly tested all of them, most of my testing is in the Airport/Airfield.
    • The new spectator camera affects the rendering focus of the game to make sure the race is rendered properly, focusing on the racers and the finish line. Thus, in long tracks, when the camera comes back to you it may take a second or two for the area you're in to render properly again. Might cause issues with R* Editor, but I haven't had any yet.
    • I think Michael has snuck inside some of the new Racers I've added, can't be bothered to remove it for now.

Plans for 1.9.4

• A basic PDF guide
    • The parachutes thing
    • Compatiblity options (Manual Transmission, Replaced vehicles)
    • Try to add money support for custom peds
    • Make spectators join the racers as passengers (and pay the racer a tip for it)
    • More vehicles and racers, maybe more Meets
    • Meet fixes

By the way, guys, I'm in need of new Racers of any category. I have reworked the Racer saver feature to ease the process of creating new racers.

Street, Super, Average, Lowrider, if any of you want to share some cool rides for the project, add the racers configuring /scripts/DragMeets/config.ini to do so and share your Racers.xml. @mkeezay30 is working on adding racers too, I'd like to have at least 40 different racers defined for each of the major categories (Super, Street) and 10-20 for the minor ones (Average, Lowrider, 4x4, etc). Randomly tuned cars can fill the gaps nicely, but they're far uglier and won't be persistent.

Remember that you need to hold ALT (The character wheel key) while joining for the details prompt to appear.

You can add some new kinds(classes), but try to focus on the current ones, they're going to be the main attraction after all.

You can create racers with Add-On vehicles, but make sure to tell me which add-on you're using. I'll make a list with the supported addons.
    @supra13 wish granted.

• @Eddlm Whoa, this is otally amazed me
    thx for Allowing non player to race :D
    now I can compete for my Reputation Lol

I'll see to adding my car as a racer

• @Eddlm Can you make this an option. To be honest with you I kind of like watching from the side and looking down the track just like in a real race of heading to the end and watching them cross. Also, I like checking out the cars in the parking lot to see who my next competitor will be. Please make this camera view and option.

• @Eddlm i have some cool addons

2015 Dodge Challenger [Stock / Shaker / Hellcat] 1.2

this addon have 7 cars in 1 dlc.rpf

all those cars are nice and would be nice to see them

Mazda RX7 FD3S [Add-On / Replace | Tuning | Livery | Template]

also nice

• bulit 1.9.3 Thank you for the work you have done. Maud turned out super. Now you can watch the races of other participants. Maybe even soon lay out a video on your channel.

• @Eddlm 1.9.3 is a nice update, but the drivers with 1.9.3 seems to be more stuck coz of the second-row racers it takes sometimes 10 min b4 the race finaly can begin.

The wheelie part for me it doesnt work really, i use : a muscle car with muscle tires and custom tires engine upgrade 4 transmission highest upgrade turbo on the suspension on stock.

even when i warm up the tires till it hit green it seems not to help the car lift a bit but the same like super cars. the wheels dont come from the ground.

i saw that u gonna make a pdf for this mod would u add also how the wheelie works?

and what upgrades is needed for the muscle car to make a wheelie?

does the wheelie part also effect the races what u pick for example LS airport if u get there with a muscle the wheelie must work or?

i love this mod

• @InYourFace said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm 1.9.3 is a nice update, but the drivers with 1.9.3 seems to be more stuck coz of the second-row racers it takes sometimes 10 min b4 the race finaly can begin.

I did not have that problem, I experienced 1.9.3 as quickest to set up so far. And I only got 2 stuck-messages, both in Sandy Shores.

The wheelie part for me it doesnt work really, i use : a muscle car with muscle tires and custom tires engine upgrade 4 transmission highest upgrade turbo on the suspension on stock.
    even when i warm up the tires till it hit green it seems not to help the car lift a bit but the same like super cars. the wheels dont come from the ground.

I've used a fully upgraded Vigero and I always get a short wheelie, even though I also upgraded suspension.
    Strange that it isn't working for you. (And supercars shouldn't do wheelies at all! :grin:

• у меня одного все версии некорректно работают?

• @Nick7202 said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

у меня одного все версии некорректно работают?

You didn't pay much attention to the Instalation guide, did you?
    cause all of us didn't have a problem

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.