[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

I spawned a meet and lucily, Killer Bee joined. I hopped in to the car and activated ENT. So yes, the parts called "Extra" were inactive, therefore they didn't show. I could easily activate them and Killer Bee was good to go and won his 1st race! :laughing:
    Since your Panto, the blue one with the stickers, spawns all fine, maybe there is something wrong with how your script saves the data to the racer.xml. What is the COMPONENT part of the data and what is the MOD part of the data? Maybe there lis the problem as I see many differences there.

component means the extra components of the car, the ones that are toggleable (coffee cups, some roofs)
    the mods are the mods for that car. wheel type, engine upgrades, etc.

@l8ty3187

Hey Eddlm, and all other contributors. Iv'e been keeping quiet by lurking around been testing 1.9.2 and now 1.9.3 with no issues really. The only thing I've have had on 1.9.3 (it's happened twice so far) is when on street meets an it says #racername# is challenging higher tier opponents and then nothing happens, no opponent gets picked for the guy to race.

Because of how it happens it could take more time for the game to find matching racers, there may be no racers on the tier the racer is looking. After 15 seconds it should default to "any other racer" and get whatever. If this doesn't happen, simply go an challenge a racer, it will be picked as the rival.

Also as I see you would like contributions for AI opponents I made some for you to test out/try and see what you think. They are all in Street or Average class. I classed the opponents I made with already created opponents of the same model. You may want to re arrange the classes as you test. I would be thrilled if some of them made it into future updates.

Thanks for the contribution! I'll check them out when I have some time.

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

component means the extra components of the car, the ones that are toggleable (coffee cups, some roofs)
    the mods are the mods for that car. wheel type, engine upgrades, etc.

Then maybe I am right about the script not saving the cars correctly because those parts missing are toggle parts.
    If I remember correctly, all components were saved as 0 when I saved the Panto while the blue Panto you use has other values.

• Is there any way to completely remove the manual shift feature?
    I am asking cause I'm using ikt's manual transmission mod and the notification keeps indicating I shifted out of time frame even though I'm shifting at redline (using sequential mode, with no clutch on ikt's mod btw, though engine still blows up even with clutch), which results in damaged engine and eventually blowing up... Any ideas?

• @chang63 Inside GTAV/scripts/DragMeets/config.ini you should be able to disable it.

I plan on supporting ikt's Manual Transmission by disabling the system on the player and disabling the boosts on the NPCs, for 1.9.4.

• I disabled it, but somehow engine is still blowing up... I try something tomorrow and see if it works...
    And nice, looking forward for the next update!!

Btw, just curious, but how come you are releasing updates here, but not on your main mod page?

• @chang63 said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Btw, just curious, but how come you are releasing updates here, but not on your main mod page?

This mod is aiming at Version 2.0.
    Everything released here is, more or less, just a WiP Beta for testing. I guess that's why.

• @chang63

@Regash

Everything released here is, more or less, just a WiP Beta for testing. I guess that's why.

This thread is dedicated to the complete rewrite, from scratch, that I'm doing of the original Drag Meets, the one hosted in the gta5mods files.

I'm not updating that mod file because the version hosted there is the last version of the old Drag Meets (1.8), which doesn't have anything to do with the new Drag Meets which I'm developing in this thread.

From v1.8 to v2.0, Drag Meets is being reborn.
    When 2.0 is complete, I'll remove the old file and publish Drag Meets 2.0 as a new mod there, treating it as a remake.

• I constantly falls 1.9.3, when all the drivers abruptly stopped and no matter what do not react. Sometimes this happens when watching the race when the drivers abruptly stop and the camera, and so worth it in the same place no matter what is not responding. It helps only restart the game.

• @DiMiD777 Outdated ScriphookDotNet.
    This script doesn't seem to crash by the looks of it, so the problem is on your side.

Currently working on persistence, having NPCs have consistent money and reputation over different sessions.

Its getting pretty fun joining a meet with a low-end car, challenge shitty racers and get enough money this way to be able to challenge bigger racers for even more money

alt text
    alt text

Currently, you can challenge everyone without restriction, but I'll probably add some sort of common sense into that, so people way above you don't even think about it and people way below your skill don't dare to accept the challenge.

I'm also thinking about pink slips, and how could it be possible to add them without removing a racer from the game permanently.

1.9.3b should come up very soon, when the classes let me finetune the cinematic camera and NPC persistence.

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Currently, you can challenge everyone without restriction, but I'll probably add some sort of common sense into that, so people way above you don't even think about it and people way below your skill don't dare to accept the challenge.

I'm also thinking about pink slips, and how could it be possible to add them without removing a racer from the game permanently.

After some more testing, here I go again:

• Lamar Davies seems to spawn always with his feet deep in the ground. I saw this happen when I spawned peds and with peds that exist in two versions: the ig_ (ingame) an the cs_ (cutscene) version of the ped, where the cs version always seem to be sinking into the ground a bit. Are you spawning the CS-Lamar, maybe?

• Please make sure that cinematic cam is optional. it is really annoying as it is right now. And it would be neat if you could decide from race to race if you wanna watch it or not, not only on or off. Also, camera position for me is often very strange and glitches into parts of the car (roof), ending up with black or gray blocks.

• When despawning a meet while NPC are racing, the radar doesn't reset, so I'm stuck with a uselss radar.

• Pink slips sounds like a nice idea. But that would involve a player garage, where owned vehicles are stored and also, what if the player loses his car? I spawn and upgrade my cars with a trainer, so I wouldn't care about losing a car. There has to go a lot of thought into it before it should be implemented.

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

• Lamar Davies seems to spawn always with his feet deep in the ground. I saw this happen when I spawned peds and with peds that exist in two versions: the ig_ (ingame) an the cs_ (cutscene) version of the ped, where the cs version always seem to be sinking into the ground a bit. Are you spawning the CS-Lamar, maybe?

Didn't know about the ingame version, I use cs_. I'll change it.

• Please make sure that cinematic cam is optional. it is really annoying as it is right now. And it would be neat if you could decide from race to race if you wanna watch it or not, not only on or off. Also, camera position for me is often very strange and glitches into parts of the car (roof), ending up with black or gray blocks.

First is already done -but not released yet- , the camera bugs, I'm trying to find better camera angles. I can't fix the clipping through the roof, looks like.

• When despawning a meet while NPC are racing, the radar doesn't reset, so I'm stuck with a uselss radar.

Noted.

• Pink slips sounds like a nice idea. But that would involve a player garage, where owned vehicles are stored and also, what if the player loses his car? I spawn and upgrade my cars with a trainer, so I wouldn't care about losing a car. There has to go a lot of thought into it before it should be implemented.

Well, I don't really care about the player's car. If people want to cheat that's up to them. The pink slip feature would simply remove their car or the NPC (and flag the NPC so it can't spawn anymore).
    Regarding garages, there are plenty of garage scripts around already.

College has thrown at me a fuckton of homework and exams for this and next week, so... lets expect more delays for some time.

• This mod is developed in your own time and, as my crews leader always says: RL comes first.

So, you didn't actually mean that winning the pink slip means that you will have the car in the future? Okay, than my idea went way further then yours. Maybe you should determine a price for the car according to it's performance index, so the NPC driver, who lost his pink slip, basically can continue racing in the future but not this meet and the player wins the determined sum as the NPC basically buys his own car back?

I, just for the fun of it, turned up with a Hakuchou Drag for a meet and the script seems to have noticed the vehicle and now spawns it's own Hakuchous. I know how to remove it but it surprised me a bit, as the script doesn't seem to be able to spot the difference between car and bike. Will this then be part of the bike meets you said were planned?

• This Mod is awesome, but it won't work. :(

The Script loads sucessfull but, if I spawn the Meet i got a Black Screen and it loads something. In the Logfile I found this: Caught fatal unhandled exception:
    System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei Drag_Meets_Reborn.DragMeets.HandleMeetSpawnDespawn(Boolean immersive)
    bei Drag_Meets_Reborn.DragMeets.OnTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei GTA.Script.raise_Tick(Object value0, EventArgs value1)
    bei GTA.Script.MainLoop()

What does this mean? Why it won't work?

I tried anything, Scripthook Version Check, Visual Studios Check and something else.

I hope anyone can help me with this Problem, i wan't to Race the NPC :D.

Thank you very much.

• @XiaoShot GTA V, scripthook.net up to date?
    Are you using Drag Meets version 1.9.3?

• @Eddlm I tried 1.9.3 and the old 1.8.1, but nothing work. And yes Scripthook is up2date.

• @XiaoShot Same problem with me, I tried anything I can..

• @Eddlm i've found out finaly why my wheelie wasn't working.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/single-player-apartment-spg-net
    This one makes trouble with ur mod, more stucked car's also the car's
    glitch ad start more often like driving around other car's.

I dont know why this mod give the problems maybe the mod haz also a handling script in it what makes problems with urs, so i need an other garage mod with less features.

but still wired with that SP garage mod installed only the Vigero does the wheelie sometimes, but all the other muscles wont lift.

anyway i am glad that i found it after alot of time, but will yell if some1 use that mod to and everythings works then i am lost again :P

• Can there be a way to add more than 2 cars with the same names? The problem with this is that many addon cars go by the name NULL, and even if I change the driver name, it won't let me add more than 2 cars marked NULL.

• @jeracerx

Can there be a way to add more than 2 cars with the same names? The problem with this is that many addon cars go by the name NULL, and even if I change the driver name, it won't let me add more than 2 cars marked NULL.

You can add more by pressing ALT when you join the meet, these will be defined(persistent) racers and ignore that limit.
    You can also open Racers.xml and copy the car models as much times as you like. Or change their car names (NULL) there, so the script doesn't detect them as "same car" even if they are a different model.

I'll try to circumvent this in the future by saving the vehicle spawn name.

@Regash

I, just for the fun of it, turned up with a Hakuchou Drag for a meet and the script seems to have noticed the vehicle and now spawns it's own Hakuchous. I know how to remove it but it surprised me a bit, as the script doesn't seem to be able to spot the difference between car and bike. Will this then be part of the bike meets you said were planned?

I actually don't have serious plans for bike meets, but as some people have asked for them, I'll try and "have support" for them. The script will try and make sure car meets only use cars, and bike meets only use bikes.
    Toggleable, for the fun of it.

• Hello, do you have to press any button to activate drag meets ?

• @RoyBreakeR said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Hello, do you have to press any button to activate drag meets ?

As far as I know, manual trigger is set in the ini-file.
    Once you are close to one of the $-signs on the map/radar, a message should appear in the top left corner of your screen.
    Pressing the E key or right on the D-Pad should spawn the meet you are close to when message is on your screen.

• Add in drag meets more mpimportexport script in SP 5.0 to cars from GTA online did not disappear after the spawn.

• Чтобы в drag meets машины из GTA Online не исчезали после спавна нужно поставить скрипт mpimportexport script in SP 5.0. https://ru.gta5-mods.com/scripts/mplowrider2-in-sp

To drag meets of the GTA Online machines did not disappear after the spawning is necessary to put the script mpimportexport script in SP 5.0. https://ru.gta5-mods.com/scripts/mplowrider2-in-sp

• @Eddlm Some Add-on cars could not added(for rival cars) by script.
    So I want to add those cars myself.
    But I don't understand a number that between <model...>and</model>.
    How can I get this number?

• @supra13
    Use the vehicle spawn name and it will work too. The number is the hash gotten from the model ingame, I can only get that number ingame.

<model>supracustom</model> will work as well as <model>30924832</model>.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.