[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Eddlm Heyy,how can i turn off race tracer on map ? It is keep stucking even when you left the race place.

• @Aiakos You can't. Its one of the things I need to fix.

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Aiakos You can't. Its one of the things I need to fix.

oh k waiting for it..Thank you for your hard work.

• Give a Shout to This guy who keep working to fix and get better Mods for us @Eddlm
    XD

• @Eddlm Need to make a separate button for viewing the race. To be able to press the button and start watching live races, and then tired again looking at click to stop. And neither times has this happened: returning from the finish line, and then halfway starts viewing the next arrival. So no time has been off the road and have an accident.

• @DiMiD777 Yes very much agree and I think he mentioned before a long while back that in the next update he will fix that so the viewing a race will be optional. I sure hope so, because I am always having to star at the ground or look backwards so it doesn't automatically take the camera and watch the race while my car crashes into a wall lol.

• @Eddlm question does multiplayer map mode in gta V story mode harms this mod or its allowed and no problems ?

• @Eddlm I have 1.9.3 now extensively tested and I must say that you have done a great job, bro. The braking behavior of the AI ​​is so much better than in 1.9.2 - also with Realistic Driving V Mod.
    Also, there is so much variety of cars now that I want to look at every race, what new cars run today - very great.
    And the opportunity to make your own racers with specifications and names and cars gives the mod much more realistic and fun - I love it.
    I look forward to meeting many great AI Racers ;-).

But there are also some small bugs that I've noticed:
    For example, in the LS Airport parking lot. There I had the problem that some cars could not reach the start line, because they crashed into the buildings.

Or at Sandy Shores Airport, where the cars will eventually crash into the "Starting Tower" - but this is not so often the case.

I also have some suggestions:

• It would be cool to change the distance for each race - not "just" for all races.
    • When the racers challenge me, they often bet all their money. If they lose they have to leave the race because they have no more money. This is sometimes very unfortunate.
    • I liked the old concept, as the races could only start on certain weekdays. I'd like that back.

Otherwise, I can only join novanaja21. It is the madness which you have implemented and I am very grateful for the great work and the time you sacrifice for the cause. MANY THANKS !!!

• @Eddlm By the way, the wheelie does not work with me either. I have not yet seen a car that has made a wheelie. This will probably have to do with the Realistic Driving V Mod, which I have installed.

• @Eddlm I have also installed SPA. But for me it is not change if I play with or without SPA. The wheelie won't work. But it is not so important for me ... I defiantly can play without wheelies. I only want give a feedback.

• @Eddlm
    I have been playing with your script since 1.5X, and it has been a ton of fun. Lots of improvements as you move towards 2.0, so a big "thank you" for all the work.

I modify many cars, and find it is not hard to hop a car up with handling metas to make it wheelie, or to be a slug, and as with earlier versions, it's great to add your own cars and drivers as you like. Tip o' the hat for retaining that option. I have a few questions/suggestions:

The dialog boxes pop up to announce whatever driver name the player has entered, but it still always uses the game name for vehicles. For instance;
    <Driver Name="Eddlm" Shifting="45" Reaction="160">
    <PedModel>1068876755</PedModel>
    <RacesAllowed>
    <Kind>Muscle</Kind>
    </RacesAllowed>
    <Vehicle>
    <Model Name="65 GTO SD421">khamelion</Model>
    The "announcer" does list the driver as "Eddlm", but the beautiful 65 GTO I have you driving is still listed as the original (yuck) Khamelion. Can you have the name given the vehicle listed through the same kind of routine as the driver's name? Um, hope you don't mind riding an old American musclecar on one computer.

Several posters have mentioned making the in-race camera toggle-able. I would love that as well. It is a cool feature to ride along, and I love the finish line cam part of it (especially when one car beats another by 4 thousandths of a second!!), but I can't capture good video of kick-butt wheelies and so on from the outside. It's fun from the inside, too, but....

I am a racer in RL, and part of the ambience is the noise. Whereas when elsewhere in the game, the vehicle noise is pretty noticeable, it is almost impossible to hear the cars as they race. And of course I mean the ones that make a racket, like those that use the btype2.awc sounds, for example. Is there something on the coder's side that affects that? When that Hemi Dart drags the rear bumper, and tears down the strip, 715 horsepower's worth through open exhaust, it makes less noise than air escaping a balloon. I understand that not everyone loves the sound of a really nasty, lumpy camshaft in a V8 with open headers like I do, but it is the opiate of drag-racing for some. Is it something that is adjustable on your end, or should I make the cars deafening on the street to just hear them going down your track?

1.9.3 has been great for me. At least two tracks haven't worked for me, but as you cautioned, it is still a WIP. The thing has been very stable when not interrupted by other mods, or if I don't try to use too many visually modded cars at one time.
    Many thanks, again, for producing a mod that keeps the fun in the "Auto" part of "Grand Theft Auto"!!!

• @Eddlm
    Oooh! Almost forgot...I have set radios to self and/or user (station 19) but still don't get that for the ambient music. I didn't see anything specific in the changelog text, but I must be taking the wrong route to get what I want at the meets.
    And one more kudo: I tried two of the "street races", and loved them. At heart, I am more of a road racer than drag racer, I just can't afford more than drag-racing most of the time. Anyhow, applause for adding them to this script. Now I can get rid of another mod just to get my road-racing fix.
    Salute.

• @InYourFace

@Eddlm question does multiplayer map mode in gta V story mode harms this mod or its allowed and no problems ?

No, it doesn't harm the mod. You can use both without problems.

@Schwingeplay

But there are also some small bugs that I've noticed:
    For example, in the LS Airport parking lot. There I had the problem that some cars could not reach the start line, because they crashed into the buildings.
    Or at Sandy Shores Airport, where the cars will eventually crash into the "Starting Tower" - but this is not so often the case.

Haven't managed to fix this stuff yet, but believe me, I have tried.

• It would be cool to change the distance for each race - not "just" for all races.

Easy to implement, but much harder to configure, would you go editing the values for all of the races? I prefer having a general 80% distance that works with all races when using realistic handling.

• When the racers challenge me, they often bet all their money. If they lose they have to leave the race because they have no more money. This is sometimes very unfortunate.

Fixed in the next version, racers won't race all their money (only up to 50% now)

• I liked the old concept, as the races could only start on certain weekdays. I'd like that back.

It will probably be implemented again, yeah.

Otherwise, I can only join novanaja21. It is the madness which you have implemented and I am very grateful for the great work and the time you sacrifice for the cause. MANY THANKS !!!

I'm glad all of you guys are enjoying it enough to thank me! Makes me happy.

@Eight-Up

The dialog boxes pop up to announce whatever driver name the player has entered, but it still always uses the game name for vehicles. (...)
    Can you have the name given the vehicle listed through the same kind of routine as the driver's name? Um, hope you don't mind riding an old American musclecar on one computer.

The Name in <Model Name="65 GTO SD421">khamelion</Model> is not for the script to display, though it may seem so. I actually use that to see if there are other cars with the same model name in the files. The model itself doesn't always work for this, so I use that as a second clue.

But I can make the game display that as the vehicle's name, yeah.

I am a racer in RL, and part of the ambience is the noise. Whereas when elsewhere in the game, the vehicle noise is pretty noticeable, it is almost impossible to hear the cars as they race. Is there something on the coder's side that affects that?

No idea, honestly. I certainly haven't came across any native function that makes the cars play louder sounds.

I have been toying with ambience sounds though. I'm trying to get some ambient noise on the races, that will be implemented once I figure it out completely.

I have set radios to self and/or user (station 19) but still don't get that for the ambient music. I didn't see anything specific in the changelog text, but I must be taking the wrong route to get what I want at the meets.

I haven't coded the radio selection yet, that should be done for 1.9.4 for sure.

And one more kudo: I tried two of the "street races", and loved them. At heart, I am more of a road racer than drag racer, I just can't afford more than drag-racing most of the time. Anyhow, applause for adding them to this script. Now I can get rid of another mod just to get my road-racing fix.

Glad you enjoy them. There are a lot of good areas to have a point to point race, I'm trying to cover the most fun ones.

• 1.9.3b (hotfix)

Added

• Some new Racers and a few Meets (from @Regash and @l8ty3187). I've finetuned some of @l8ty3187 's new Meets so they fit better in the game.
    • Full persistence for AI Racers and basic persistence (Reputation only) for the player.
      This means AI racers will save their reputation and money across sessions.
      This cannot be disabled for now.
    • Added two options in config.ini . One regarding fair challenges (toogles the ability for AI to refuse your challenges), and the second regarding NPC driving speed when navigating to the starting area.
    • Added two more options in config.ini regarding default Fees and Prizes. Meets can override these values if the Fee and Prize are defined in the meet, like the LS Airport meet does now.

Fixed/Improved

• The cinematic camera is now toggleable in config.ini. I've also changed some angles, let me know if its more enjoyable now.
    • The prop at the finish line (a barrel for now) should stay on the ground now. You can force it to be placed on the ground by pressing E near it.
    • Fixed Racers laughing at your car's performance even if you have more reputation than them.
    • Racers won't lose all their money when challenging other racers.
    • Racers won't leave the meet so easily: they will only leave if they lose too much rep or their money drops to exactly 0. Or, well, if their car is broken.
    • Improved stuck behavior.

Plans for 1.9.4

• A basic PDF guide
    • The parachutes thing
    • Compatiblity options (Manual Transmission, Replaced vehicles)
    • Try to add money support for custom peds
    • Make spectators join the racers as passengers (and pay the racer a tip for it)
    • More vehicles and racers, maybe more Meets
    • Meet fixes

alt text

alt text

• @Eddlm I was going to play Ghost Recon Wildlands... but a new Drag Meets update will keep me distracted. And i see from the screens that pacific bluffs and highway 1 got into the release. I'm really pleased you included them and like i said i have no problems with you changing them ect. to your liking.

If you want i can try making/finding some new locations for meets and then send you a link and like last time see what you think ect.

Also if you want more racers i can make some more to.

I can't code, but i sure as hell can make meets and racers lol.

Anyway i'll jump on the update in a bit and get testing the new features etc. and mess around again. As always thanks for the updates and continued support for this great script.

• Awesome, so excited. So I wasn't going to say anything, but it was just too funny to not.

My first impressions of hotfix B. I started the race at the lower docks area. The first racer got stuck up on a median wall and I sat there waiting for about 2 minutes before he backed up and went to the line. As he started to the line a security guard runs over and says "Drop your weapon" to the starting line girl. He begins to shoot her and the cars race on and there is a full shootout. She then kills him by flare gun and then calls me to the starting line. I get to the starting line and an ambulance comes crashing into me to save the burned up security guard. She shoots and the other car drives off while I am in a demolition derby with an ambulance. That definitely was not a good first impression for the hotfix lol. I won't give up though and your work is still greatly appreciated, but this can be used as where some of the issues still are that need to be sorted out. Thank you so so so much for giving us the option to toggle the cinematic camera for this one. This hotfix is worth every bit of it. Thank you.

• I only had time for a very short sneak peek yet, spawned only the Sandy Shores Airfield.
    Is it just me or are the cars now incredibly close to each other at the starting line?

• @l8ty3187

I'm really pleased you included them and like i said i have no problems with you changing them ect. to your liking.
    If you want i can try making/finding some new locations for meets and then send you a link and like last time see what you think ect. Also if you want more racers i can make some more to.

As much as you like.

@Spitfire7

I'm still thinking about a solution to make the ambient peds tolerate the flaregun shooting, I can only think about making everyone friends with her.

@Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

I only had time for a very short sneak peek yet, spawned only the Sandy Shores Airfield.
    Is it just me or are the cars now incredibly close to each other at the starting line?

No, what I have changed is their default position relative to the flaregun girl. Before, it was 2 meters, too close. Now the default is 4, so the flaregun girl is farther ahead and you can now actually see her while in first person mode.

I don't remember changing the separation between them though. But you can add <SeparationBetweenCars>3</SeparationBetweenCars> to the Meet file to change the distance between them.

Thank you so so so much for giving us the option to toggle the cinematic camera for this one. This hotfix is worth every bit of it. Thank you.
    As always thanks for the updates and continued support for this great script.

You guys are very thankful, its nice.

I need your input on something, people. I have recently discovered a way to get cheats recogniced by the script, that means I can now do without menus perfectly fine, and instead bind the various activities players need to perform to a cheat.

Some examples of this:

• Betting would be simplified: you could now say "bet" and the game would prompt you to write the name of the racer you want to bet, skipping the run-to-the-dude process entirely.
    • You could now input the bet for your race, instead of the game calculating it for you.
    • You could leave the Meet easily by command.
    • You could refuse challenges by command too.
    • Some other helpful cheats could be included, like "fix stuck drivers", "fix all vehicles", etc.

For the interested, the piece of code that allows all of this is

public static bool WasCheatStringJustEntered(string cheat)
            {
                return Function.Call<bool>(Hash._0x557E43C447E700A8, Game.GenerateHash(cheat));
            }

Gotten from SHVDN sourcecode.

• There was a new update. I wonder if there will be drag meets to work on the new version. Sorry can not be verified as under the new scripthook version are not done yet.

• I have reverted to the previous game version, still works.

Next scripthook version would work without issues.

Meanwhile, I've added a few commands and they work wonderfully, its super easy to set the track length, bet, set the bet on your race, even leave the meet at any time. I'm definitely adding the commands to the script.

• @Eddlm As using config.ini to remove watching people in the airport. But then sags badly fps when recording video. Or throw a ready config.ini with the changes.

• Wait I haven't logged into GTA V yet, but you say there is a new GTA V update patch past 944.2? Please let me know ASAP so I can disable internet, etc. I just finally updated everything and now they are going to screw me again? No way man. So is that what you meant by a new update?

• @Spitfire7 I'm pretty sure that's what it is. You are going to want to disable your internet for this one. Cheers!

• @Spitfire7 use ragehook to backup the game, and manually backup steam_api64.dll. Let the game update and then revert back, api64 included.

Current state of the script, commands included.

• I have a better way to beat the system. I use the firewall option. I disable ONLY GTA V from sending outbound internet info and disables inbound info as well. This gets me around the internet and allows me to always play in offline mode. Then every 3 weeks or so they do the Must active your game thing. To beat that I just put my system clock back to the date just before I needed to activate. A little hassle, but I get to keep all my specs working perfectly. I just reverted back to .877 patch which was by far the best for all my mods and LSPDFR. I'm happy now.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.