[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Eddlm Is there any list somewhere with commands?

• @Eddlm Curious to know how the performance calculation works? Does it involve handling.meta numbers?

<fInitialDragCoeff ?
    <fInitialDriveForce
    <fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel

Just curious, because I play with the higher top speed, and I am trying to fine tune the handling on some of my add-on cars to simulate cars with a built motor, but I cant seem to understand how the calculation work. Will continue to tinker. Thanks

• I cant wait for this mod. cloud you make like a car owning system? so you can win cars and own them?
    oh and any idea when is the wip script coming out? original drag meets is not working everybody spawns and just stands there but thats not what this thread is about

• it would be good for the carrer

• So correct me if im wrong here, but the calculation for the performance rating you see at each spawn appears to be these handling lines in handling.meta

InitialDriveMaxFlatVel / ( fInitialDragCoeff * fInitialDriveForce)

so for this BMW M4 im testing out in game, I get a performance rating of 69.6 or something when fully tuned.

InitialDriveMaxFlatVel = 218
    fInitialDragCoeff = 9.5
    fInitialDriveForce = 0.33

using the above calculation gives me about 69.537, basically 69.6

-edit, this isnt right. Would like to know what the actual calculation is.

• oh and a DJ would be nice like a background music

• Thank you for this!! really!!
    Es uno de los mejores scripts de la historia! aprecio tu trabajo, espero esta nueva version!

• @Eddlm Hey, Just a thought, Could you release what you have done so far? Because Im wanting to do a cinematic with a few IRL car replace mods, and then i will upload it to youtube. Thanks, If you want to check out my YT here it is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf9oKJ81u2LZhp_2R399VAw

Dont worry i will fully credit you man, This mod is gunna be awesome!

• @Eddlm Is there any list somewhere with commands?
    "help". type it as a cheat.

@Redotix99 @Blackadder-Gaming

I cant wait for this mod. cloud you make like a car owning system? so you can win cars and own them?

Nope, out of the script's scope.

oh and any idea when is the wip script coming out? original drag meets is not working everybody spawns and just stands there but thats not what this thread is about
    Hey, Just a thought, Could you release what you have done so far?

So, you guys haven't checked the OP.

@WhiskyGerman :blush:

• I have finally got around to releasing it to the public (read: main site)

I sort of abandoned the project in april, I've checked and everything seems to work, so I thought, why not finally release it. I don't have plans on working on this anymore, though. Its a mix of lost interest and the fact that the script is so complex I don't want to dig in again. Exactly the same happened with Bodyguard Squads.

I'll try and update it with bugfixes in the coming weeks, but little more.

Thanks everyone who participated in its development!

You guys have been very helpful. Really.

While messing around, I did notice these things:

At the end of a drag, cars can overshoot the track/everything. Especially noticeable with Realistic Driving V (which has rather weak braking) on the airstrip. Might be worth it to help the cars brake a little :)

AI, when driving back, doesn't seem to navigate around obstacles like the starting stands and will repeatedly bump into it until you help them.

When spawning a new car, the old car is still registered as your main car? Not sure if this is supposed to be, as a ped (my friend) is spawned and enters the newly spawned car.

• @ikt

At the end of a drag, cars can overshoot the track/everything. Especially noticeable with Realistic Driving V (which has rather weak braking) on the airstrip. Might be worth it to help the cars brake a little :)

You have an option inside the config.ini to shorten all tracks. And, the cheat "shorten track" while in a Meet. You can read the rest of the thread and see I had the same issue, this feature is designed precisely to make it compatible with realistic handling mods.

AI, when driving back, doesn't seem to navigate around obstacles like the starting stands and will repeatedly bump into it until you help them.

Tried to help them as much as I could but, sigh, GTA AI. Most of the time they don't recognize obstacles and smash into each other not bothering to brake when other is in the way. And I told them so.

When spawning a new car, the old car is still registered as your main car? Not sure if this is supposed to be, as a ped (my friend) is spawned and enters the newly spawned car.

Yeah, its a way to spawn opponents. If you want to register yourself with a new car, you need to enter the cheat leave meet, then rejoin.

(I really should write some sort of guide...)

• This post is deleted!

• Hey man, this seems like a great mod but I downloaded it and the money icons and such are appearing on the map but when I drive up to the locations there is nothing there and there's also no sort of prompt to press E to start one. Could you help me out? Everything I need is downloaded and working properly in the game, I just can't even get a meet to show up.

• This post is deleted!

• I have an idea: Randomized handling lines for performance that goes beyond the vanilla game and adds a bit a realism. For example: Trucks or other slow cars with supercar beating performance like you see in real drag racing. Or already fast cars with absolute blistering perfomance. (Like dragster Nissan GTRs or in this case, Annis Elegy.)

• @bloodykills dude thats
    what this mod is missing totally agree with you

• @bloodykills @v8charger222 and will still miss, as I don't know how to change handling lines on the fly.However, if you just mean engine power, thaaat could be arranged.

I am working a little on the script as I got a few ideas that are pretty easy to implement and won't steal me much time, nothing big.

I'll also try @AddictiveGames sorry for the late reply, that's a script crash. Game up to date, scripthookvdotnet up to date?

• @Eddlm Yeah. I meant engine power.

• great mod!! better than what i expected haha .

i have a question tho, how do you change the ped that launches the race? i see a girl in the screenshots but i got michael instead lol

• @iLovemodsgta Michael appears when your game can't load the original ped. People had crashing issues with that, so I added a failsafe, Michael. Every game has the michael model :laughing:

• @Eddlm thanks! no way to change him i guess? without replacing original michael model.

• @iLovemodsgta I'll add an input on the configuration file so people can set a different ped, but Michael will remain as the default for the failsafe system.

alt text

... along other stuff.

• So you may have seen, I've found a few fun things to add to the script.

alt text
    Added

• invite command, you can can now invite other Racers to the current meet so they come here and participate.
      Usage: invite then name of the racer.
    • Gunrunning vehicles. Ardent, Torero, etc.
    • DragMonsters, some cars will now spawn with a monstrous engine with multiplies their engine power by 200.

Fixed/Improved

• Racers capable of wheeling will now do burnouts far more frequently to make sure they get the ideal wheeltemp before the race starts.
    • Saving cars outside of a meet won't cause a script crash anymore.

Known bugs

• Now some pre-designed racers can end up with a Drag Monster engine slapped on them, I'll finetune it so only generic racers can have them.

Plans for future updates

• I'm working on an independent grip overhaul script, which also includes wheelie mechanics. Drag Meets will probably support it when it releases, however my tests show that AI don't take full advantage of it.

@Stryker300 Sorry for the late reply(2 fucking months lol), but here's how performance is calculated.

public static float CalculatePerformancePoints(Vehicle veh)
    {
        float Points = 0;
        float maxspeed = (float)Math.Round(Function.Call<float>(Hash._GET_VEHICLE_MAX_SPEED, veh.Model.Hash)) * 2.2f; //converted to MPH
        float acceleration = (float)Math.Round(Function.Call<float>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_MODEL_ACCELERATION, veh.Model.Hash));
        int EMSUpgrades = veh.GetMod(VehicleMod.Engine);
        int Transmission = veh.GetMod(VehicleMod.Transmission);
        if (veh.IsToggleModOn(VehicleToggleMod.Turbo)) Points += 3;

Points += maxspeed*0.5f;
        Points += acceleration*10;
        Points += EMSUpgrades*2;
        Points += Transmission*2;

return Points;
    }

Ideally it needs to be less han 100, unless the car is really, really good.

• i love this mod!!! alt text

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.