[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

I consider this version stable and fully playable, it basically has the same features 1.8 had. And so, I've removed the debug lines. Enjoy it!

Added

• Added some of the drivers from Drag Meets 1.8 (the old one), basically the ones I liked the most.
    • Added crowds and crowd behavior. These people will usually be cheering at the race, but can sometimes decide to go check out some of the parked cars.
      The sistem needs work, I plan on making multiple peds check out the same car at the same time, so it's more noticeable.
    • Added a gear changing (shifting) minigame for the player, optional of course. You'll be prompted to press E when changing gear, to be granted a little boost. Beware of pressing it too late.
      You can simply ignore the system altogether, if you don't press the key you won't be granted speed bonuses /penalizations.
    • Now, the minimap will track the race progress. It's a basic thing but helps me to follow it. I will develop it more in the future.
    • You can now despawn a Meet by talking to the girl at the starting line. You can't do this if you've set manual spawning to false.

Fixed/Improved

• There won't be any traffic while a Meet is spawned.
    • Changed winning taunt speech to a more fitting one.
    • Changed the Track distance modifier to load an integer from the config file. Works as a percentage.
    • Reworked some of the Meets, namely Algonquin Boulevard, the Terminal (added an alternative version), The Power Station, Signal Street, the mountain besides Trevor's Airfield and LS Canals.
    • Reworked the behavior of the waiting racers, the waiting zone should be less chaotic now.
    • Reworked tire grip and wheelies' logic, and prevented FWD wheelies.
      Rules:
      -- You need to have an upgraded engine for wheelies to even be considered.
      -- Wheelies need grip to happen, otherwise a "failed wheelie" will happen instead, with lots of wheelspin and little to no grip for a few miliseconds.
      -- The Wheelie force is determined by the vehicle's height now. This should make lower cars not lift at all and high-clearance, but allow vehicles (Dukes, Vigero) to lift.

What I need to know

• Are the braking zones alright?
    • Do wheelies work properly? (AI and you)
    • Are the Meets less chaotic?

Some media:
    Lamar
    Yeah, he spawns with purple neons, no idea why.

• Great Mod dude,gonna check out the new one now and ill let you know if i find any bugs,but its a Great mod 10/10

• Forgot to mention, @mkeezay30 and I have been discussing the reputation system.
    See these bars in Lamar's pic? The first one is the rep. It shows the win/lose ratio each racer has.

Right now it works like this:
    Each race won or lost modifies the bar by 10%, always capped at 0% minimum and 100% max, to make it actually useful. That means that if a Racer won 900.000.001 races but lost even a single one, that bar will be at 90%.

10% may look like a lot to win/lose, but MK and I agree that it would keep things interesting. This way, no matter how many races you win, you can always be brought down. Same if you've lost a lot; in this case you can still climb the reputation ladder.

As Career mode will use this as base for checking if a player can participate in a race or not, Career mode will reduce the impact to something lower, like 4%.

@mkeezay30 also mentioned that winning should make AI increase its skills over time, this being persistent over game sessions, of course. I agree, but I have to figure out how to implement that and see how it affects the meets over time.

Just wanted to let you people know, and read your opinions on the subject if you have any.

• @Eddlm

Forgive me for the bad English

Above I meant that wheelies would only be cool for muscle cars.

My drivers.xml

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66LcEWqckvEbmtmWUFmUEZCMFE/view?usp=sharing

• @Eddlm
    Track length seems to be good now, Sandy Shores Airfield sees almost no accidents anymore.

It was a good idea to move the Offroad Race right beside it behind the house but you should have moved the starting line too. Cars still have massive problems to find a way to their starting point. There I also saw the new "Help me, I'm stuck!" notification. Wouldn't it be better to respawn the stuck car close to the start instead?

Waiting zone chaos really seems to be less but is still there.

Despawn option is absolutely awesome!

The minimap actually makes me watch AI races instead of just waiting for my turn. Very nice idea.

Didn't really have time to check everything out but will do so today or maybe tomorrow. More feedback is bound to follow. :grin:

• Meet tested: Los Santos International Airport
    Car used: Rocket Voltic / Pfister Comet Custom

Track length: Perfect, no complaints, all vehicles came to a halt without any issue.
    Wheelie behavior: Works as intended.
    Shifting Minigame: Didn't show up for me. Maybe because of the car I used?
    Crowd behavior: Weird as the cross the race track even when a race is about to be started.

Other observations:

• seemingly no traffic but there was very low traffic anyway
    • supercars doing wheelies is just plain weird
    • some cars have been severly damaged but I couldn't find out why and where
    • return path from finish line to waiting area is weird and long, should take the same rout as in 1.8
    • crowd movement needs to be stopped when countdown starts

Meet tested: La Mesa Canals
    Car used: Pfister Comet Custom

Track length: Perfect, no complaints, all vehicles came to a halt without any issue.

Other observations:

• almost all cars get stuck on their way back to waiting area
    • crowd blocks right lane at finish line

About the wheelies:
    A wheelie is nice to behold, no doubt. Nothing displays the power of a car better than it lifting its front wheels from the tarmac when starting, no discussion about that from my end.
    The thing is this: A wheelie actually doesn't boost your car! On the contratry, it takes away power that otherwise could have been used for acceleration. Supercars and sportscars wih a lot of power are actually built to prevent wheelies and the drag racers invented something: The wheelie bars! Those prevent the car from doing a wheelie leaving the power for accelaration.
    *“There are two factors that produce a wheelstand,” says Austin Coil, the legendary crew chief for the even-more-legendary Funny Car driver John Force. “One of them is the torque of the rear axle, and the other is the center of gravity.” *
    The article tis quote comes from can be read right here.

• 1.9.1b

I found out there was a big problem regarding the bet process and AI burnouts/engine revving, basically they negated bettings.
    Also I've found a crash related to neon and smoke colors, which I think i've fixed.

Shifting Minigame: Didn't show up for me. Maybe because of the car I used?

Maybe you have manual transmission simulation disabled? Try enablind the ShowGoodBadShifting in the config file, could be an oversight of mine.

return path from finish line to waiting area is weird and long, should take the same rout as in 1.8

I've dropped 1.8 routes in favor of a simpler, easier to handle system. I haven't had any issues with the return in the airport. I'm aware of LS Canals issue though. I'll look into it.

crowd movement needs to be stopped when countdown starts

Crowd AI stops tasking peds when the countdown starts but that's clearly not enough. I'm working on it.

About the wheelies: the script takes into account car height to decide how strong the wheelie is. Supercars shouldn't be wheeleing, maybe I have to finetune the system some more.

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Supercars shouldn't be wheeleing, maybe I have to finetune the system some more.

But they do, yeah, work is needed. Also, the meet at Paleto Bay going down the road needs another return path. Returning cars are actually blocking the starting area, mostly left lane. And even though traffic seems to be off, there still spawn cars that enter or leave a house.

Edit: Rereading this post made it sound bossy and ungrateful even to me. Sorry about that. I don't mean to be rude, I really want to help make this mod awesome, that's all.

• I tested 1.9 over the weekend, I was going to go into more detail but seen as 1.9.1 some of this may be already obsolete. I'll test it tonight.

List of things I tested:
    Addon cars spawn with no issues.
    Custom opponents (some vehicles from IV pack) made via your Street Racing script editor copy over into Drag meets with no issues, only require the extra lines of data for name, gears and reactions.
    Motorbikes work also.
    Random tuning works fine.
    Performance matching works even on custom handling lines with realistic top speeds, 0-60 times ect.
    On LS Canals I tested 6 cars all the way down to 1 car per race - odd numbers work without issue.
    Custom meets I created pre 1.8.1 work with just the coordinates needing updating for start & finish - cars spawn, races work fine. Also love the pathtostart & pathtowait coordinates. Makes creating meets easier, less coordinates.
    I created new meets and they also work fine.
    Created a meet on the highway in downtown LS for 10 cars. 5 each side of the center divider - works fine.
    I had no crashes at all, no issues spawning meets/cars.

The only issues I had were GTAV/AI related - mainly cars fighting through the waiting area to get to the start line, and cars waiting to long at the start line would get 'bored' and reverse away, and usually park up facing the wrong way. I also had a few times the AI after being reset 2/3 times (i guess its a 'stuck' check) would just drive either forwards or backwards - I guess because they keep going in a circle the script doesn't think they're stuck so they never stop - have to either push the car to the start line or blow them up - i did a lot of the later...
    Also I created a custom class of cars which had 36 vehicles in - even though a meet is set to less than 36 all the cars seem to join the meet anyway, seeming to ignore the meet limit.

^Judging by the 1.9.1 change logs some if not all of this may have been fixed already but I though I would still review the script anyway. Bar these minor issues I'm already loving the updates to my favorite script mod for GTAV - Keep up the great work Eddlm, thanks again.

• @Regash

@Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Supercars shouldn't be wheeleing, maybe I have to finetune the system some more.

But they do, yeah, work is needed.

I've been trying for quite some time to get it right but the game doesn't want to help. Here's the ground clearance, in numbers (meters), that GTA V thinks a Phoenix and a Feltzer have: http://imgur.com/a/tkwBN, gotten from their backs.

That's correct, the Phoenix is 0.14 meters high, and the Feltzer is 0.18. This game actually believes that the Feltzer is higher than a Phoenix.

So I can't do much more to know if a car should be able to do wheelies or not. And I don't want to make lists, that would leave modded cars out of the equation.

Also, the meet at Paleto Bay going down the road needs another return path. Returning cars are actually blocking the starting area, mostly left lane. And even though traffic seems to be off, there still spawn cars that enter or leave a house.

I've seen them, I can't remove these. I've just fixed the returning path.

Edit: Rereading this post made it sound bossy and ungrateful even to me. Sorry about that. I don't mean to be rude, I really want to help make this mod awesome, that's all.

Posts that talk about the bad but not the good tend to sound ungrateful, even if its not the poster's intention. You've mentioned the good earlier, its okay.

@l8ty3187 Thanks for the feedback!
    Drag Meets 2.0 borrows a lot of functions from Street Races and Drag Meets 1.8, so yeah, drivers and meets are mostly compatible from both.
    I must warn you though, I've discovered that neons and smoke color don't load properly, I'm trying to fix it.

• @Eddlm when im going to spawn a meet my scripthook V does critical error, Any solutions?

I've been trying for quite some time to get it right but the game doesn't want to help. Here's the ground clearance, in numbers (meters), that GTA V thinks a Phoenix and a Feltzer have: http://imgur.com/a/tkwBN, gotten from their backs.

That's correct, the Phoenix is 0.14 meters high, and the Feltzer is 0.18. This game actually believes that the Feltzer is higher than a Phoenix.

So I can't do much more to know if a car should be able to do wheelies or not. And I don't want to make lists, that would leave modded cars out of the equation.

Look at a picture of a top fuel dragster. Ground clearance is almost not there but still some need wheelie bars to keep it from flipping.
    Top Fuel Dragster

I still think you're going at it with simply a wrong idea in your mind, just as with the tires-discussion we had. Supercars and sportscars are made for racing, they're built to use all the power they got for acceleration and speed. Mucle cars, sedans and all the others were designed with other things in mind, like a comfortable ride, for example. Muscle cars actually were considered kind of sports cars but there we have to take into account that those cars were a) built in a country with very low and stricht speed limits and b) used technology that even back then was 'old news' already. The concept of a rigid axle and flat springs had been shunted in Europe for quite a while when Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet and all the others still used them for their top models.

I strongly believe that you should go for a cars class to see whether or not it wheelies. Supercars and sports simply don't, sports classics probably also won't. Mucles, sedans, compacts do. (Offroaders I'm not sure about, I'd rather say no, even when on tarmac.) Also, I don't think cars should do wheelies with less than at least EMS upgrade 3, maybe even 4. (Not sure about the turbo, though.) Even the most powerful muscle cars didn't do wheelies until heavily modified for racing purposes. Cars in general are designed for safe driving, after all. That is why I had the idea for career mode that you start out with a stock car and, even after getting EMS upgrade 4, you should be able to still buy power and performance upgrades for your car that will add to the PowerMultiplier of your car. Don't forget that people with mods tend to use other mods to get money, vehicles and upgrades. That is why career mode should have a separate 'racing purse' for he player instead of his ingame money and why he should be forced to start out with an unmodified stock car of his own choice that he can upgrade to a degree where it actually can beat any other car. Think of a Rhapsody that races against a fully upgraded Nero Custom... And wins! :grin:

Also about the tires: There is a reason that different types of tires exist. A set of tires that suits a Ferrari just fine won't be working well on a Mercedes E-Class. And especially rims are just some metal (or other material) designed to have a certain look and don't contribute to performance except in maybe their weight. That is why I think custom tires should give a boost on grip, not the kind of tires you use. A muscle car needs different tires than a supercar. And as much as I believe that classes is the way to go with wheelies, I also believe it is the way to go with tire types. Super cars need high end tires. Sports cars need sports tires. Muscle cars need their type of tires. I strongly believe in the idea of classes.

I know, I'm probably to much into real world drag racing. I simply won't accept that supercars will rule this sports, not even in Los Santos. I've seen a street legal Volkswagen Beetle destroy a Ferrari in a drag race. I have seen a Funny Car winning against a fighter jet. I've seen a Formula 1 car losing against a pickup truck. Drag racing is not about racing. No muscle car, no matter how powerful, will be able to compete against even a sportscar in a street race, their handling is just so much better. But drag racing is only about power, about acceleration, about grip.

Take a look at this video, it drag racing americans VS imports. Don't look at who is winning, just look at the cars behavior and their tendency to lift the front wheels.

Almost all muscles and sedans seem to lift very easily while the Corvette didn't. The Corvette is considered a sports car! :wink: And a lot of the imports were FWD, so wheelies won't happen.

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Look at a picture of a top fuel dragster. Ground clearance is almost not there but still some need wheelie bars to keep it from flipping.
    Top Fuel Dragster

I still think you're going at it with simply a wrong idea in your mind, just as with the tires-discussion we had. Supercars and sportscars are made for racing, they're built to use all the power they got for acceleration and speed. Mucle cars, sedans and all the others were designed with other things in mind, like a comfortable ride, for example. Muscle cars actually were considered kind of sports cars but there we have to take into account that those cars were a) built in a country with very low and stricht speed limits and b) used technology that even back then was 'old news' already. The concept of a rigid axle and flat springs had been shunted in Europe for quite a while when Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet and all the others still used them for their top models.

I strongly believe that you should go for a cars class to see whether or not it wheelies. Supercars and sports simply don't, sports classics probably also won't. Mucles, sedans, compacts do. Also, I don't think cars should do wheelies with less than at least EMS upgrade 3, maybe even 4. (Not sure about the turbo, though.) Even the most powerful muscle cars didn't do wheelies until heavily modified for racing purposes. Cars in general are designed for safe driving, after all. That is why I had the idea for career mode that you start out with a stock car and, even after getting EMS upgrade 4, you should be able to still buy power and performance upgrades for your car that will add to the PowerMultiplier of your car. Don't forget that people with mods tend to use other mods to get money, vehicles and upgrades. That is why career mode should have a separate 'racing purse' for he player instead of his ingame money and why he should be forced to start out with an unmodified stock car of his own choice that he can upgrade to a degree where it actually can beat any other car. Think of a Rhapsody that races against a fully upgraded Nero Custom... And wins! :grin:

Also about the tires: There is a reason that different types of tires exist. A set of tires that suits a Ferrari just fine won't be working well on a Mercedes E-Class. And especially rims are just some metal (or other material) designed to have a certain look and don't contribute to performance except in maybe their weight. That is why I think custom tires should give a boost on grip, not the kind of tires you use. A muscle car needs different tires than a supercar. And as much as I believe that classes is the way to go with wheelies, I also believe it is the way to go with tire types. Super cars need high end tires. Sports cars need sports tires. Muscle cars need their type of tires. I strongly believe in the idea of classes.

I know, I'm probably to much into real world drag racing. I simply won't accept that supercars will rule this sports, not even in Los Santos. I've seen a street legal Volkswagen Beetle destroy a Ferrari in a drag race. I have seen a Funny Car winning against a fighter jet. I've seen a Formula 1 car losing against a pickup truck. Drag racing is not about racing. No muscle car, no matter how powerful, will be able to compete against even a sportscar in a street race, their handling is just so much better. But drag racing is only about power, about acceleration, about grip.

Take a look at this video, it drag racing americans VS imports. Don't look at who is winning, just look at the cars behavior and their tendency to lift the front wheels.

This has already been discussed and the idea was to strike a balance between fun and realism, I've proposed an option for users to pick a more realistic version for wheelies, but he also already tuned wheelies to look more realistic after I showed him some slow motion videos of take offs and wheelies, it seems that trying to please both crowds is a bit too complicated atm, which is understandable, I've been asking for a lot of features that border more on simulation like yourself, but for now I think finding a decent middle ground is good.

There are a lot of big features he's implementing, so maybe after those are done we can put up a poll and ask who's more interested in a more simulation style mod, for example he was saying the other day you can actually tell where cars have done burnouts, which I thought could be used to help tire temp for future cars, possibly give a slight help with grip after the first few cars.

Features like that will go unnoticed by most though, so I think right now Eddlm is focusing on making the best mod for a large audience, hopefully after that he adds some other features talked about here

I just saw that, when using the "No traffic" option from ENT, every car disappears. Flowing traffic, parked cars, everything is gone. Maybe there is another way they do it, I don't know.

@mkeezay30
    You are probably right but I'm a type of guy who does stuff in a way, I won't need to go back for an overhaul later. And maybe Eddlm just has another picture of how drag racing should work than I do. Pr maybe it's just the fact that he likes supersars where I don't. You always wanna see your hero win, right? :wink:
    But if he is trying to decide whether or not a car should do a wheelie by the way of measuring ground clearance and the game data makes that impossible, is it really wrong to say: "Here's another idea!"?
    Also, I already told him to tell me to shut up anytime he thinks I start to annoy him. That statement still stands.

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

I just saw that, when using the "No traffic" option from ENT, every car disappears. Flowing traffic, parked cars, everything is gone. Maybe there is another way they do it, I don't know.

@mkeezay30
    You are probably right but I'm a type of guy who does stuff in a way, I won't need to go back for an overhaul later. And maybe Eddlm just has another picture of how drag racing should work than I do. Pr maybe it's just the fact that he likes supersars where I don't. You always wanna see your hero win, right? :wink:
    But if he is trying to decide whether or not a car should do a wheelie by the way of measuring ground clearance and the game data makes that impossible, is it really wrong to say: "Here's another idea!"?
    Also, I already told him to tell me to shut up anytime he thinks I start to annoy him. That statement still stands.

I think it's great you are giving inpt, that's the point after all, every time you post it just gives more ideas, so don't stop, maybe Eddlm will decide to add it now, but I've looked at his code, doing it by tire type instead would take him maybe a minute to script, going back isn't a hassle like it would be with a more complicated code, but it's fairly simple, and fairly close to the way he'd do it by tire type.

Don't go thinking your suggestions are annoying, they are very welcomed and will help make this mod better in the end, I also had reservations about how tires were checked which we discussed at length in Discord, I actually wanted it the same way you do, as the actual coder though Eddlm is the one who has to try and make the mod pleasing to as many people as possible initially.

• @Regash

I strongly believe that you should go for a cars class to see whether or not it wheelies. Supercars and sports simply don't, sports classics probably also won't. Mucles, sedans, compacts do.

I can do this, but first I need to check the cars and their classes. I want to make sure that wheelies are common enough. Not that common, but I want people to knon they're here.

Also, I don't think cars should do wheelies with less than at least EMS upgrade 3, maybe even 4. (Not sure about the turbo, though.) Even the most powerful muscle cars didn't do wheelies until heavily modified for racing purposes.

This one we can agree con, although I've made it EMS 1, not 3. Will probably make it 3 so not everyone can wheelie.

Cars in general are designed for safe driving, after all. That is why I had the idea for career mode that you start out with a stock car and, even after getting EMS upgrade 4, you should be able to still buy power and performance upgrades for your car that will add to the PowerMultiplier of your car.

I have a slight issue with the PowerMultiplier, and its that I can't read its value, only set it. This is giving me trouble trying to add support for cars with their own custom PowerMultipliers.

Don't forget that people with mods tend to use other mods to get money, vehicles and upgrades. That is why career mode should have a separate 'racing purse' for he player instead of his ingame money and why he should be forced to start out with an unmodified stock car of his own choice that he can upgrade to a degree where it actually can beat any other car. Think of a Rhapsody that races against a fully upgraded Nero Custom... And wins! :grin:

Coding an entire money/shop system is out of the scope of the mod for now. Also, I actually like that people can use different mods to get money, that's why I have fees applied on the races. They cost you money, so if you play it legit, you'll need to do another mod's missions to get that do$h and be able to race. It encourages playing the game itself, and other mods from other authors.

Custom tires already give you a grip bonus so that's done. Regarding tires types (Muscle, High End), you're saying they should match their car type, then instead of giving HighEnd a bonus regardless of the car, I should only give them a bonus if they're on a high end car?

I get that you'd like to be able to make any car win any other car, but that's a little hard to get right in a game like GTA V. We don't have that much car modiffications, and the ones who are there have little impact on the car's performance.

I'm working on applying custom power multipliers so cars like a Regina or a Panto can compete against supercars, but that's, at most, what I think i'll be able to do.

I want to make the script for everyone and will try to keep realism options toggleable to please both fanbases.
    However I have to admit all of this is confusing me a bit. @Regash @mkeezay30 can you point the features we have been discussed, how you'd like them to work, as straighforward as possible? So I have something concise that I can try to apply to the script.

• @Eddlm In the last version I saw the win/lose records. What happened to them? Those were dope! I'd wanna go undefeated feeling like the man to beat lol

Coding an entire money/shop system is out of the scope of the mod for now. Also, I actually like that people can use different mods to get money, that's why I have fees applied on the races. They cost you money, so if you play it legit, you'll need to do another mod's missions to get that do$h and be able to race. It encourages playing the game itself, and other mods from other authors.

I wasn't thinking about a complete shop system.
    Each and every player car can be upgraded by mods like ENT or in the LS Customs ingame. But after that, players should be able to simply purchase additional PM. I didn't know you had so much trouble with it, thought it was easy to handle, as, as far as I understood, you managed to do the custom tires/high end rims/warm tires grip by just adding PM accordingly. So If I already had like all the LS Customs upgrades, I'd simply buy additional PM to be added to the car, if you get my meaning. Think of them as invisble custom engine parts that give more power but can't be seen. And the players purse would be just one additional variable as, so you said I think, non random AIs also have there purse and will carry over by saving them in a file.

Custom tires already give you a grip bonus so that's done. Regarding tires types (Muscle, High End), you're saying they should match their car type, then instead of giving HighEnd a bonus regardless of the car, I should only give them a bonus if they're on a high end car?

That sums it up pretty good, yes. You'll get a bonus for having matching tires, not high end tires. But we would have to determine which kind of tires would add a bonus to wich kind of car. Muscle cars is ease, supercars and sport cars as well, offroaders are a no-brainer. But sedans, compacts an the like... I'll look into it and see.

I get that you'd like to be able to make any car win any other car, but that's a little hard to get right in a game like GTA V. We don't have that much car modiffications, and the ones who are there have little impact on the car's performance.

That is why I thought about purchasable PM after having the car fully upgraded with engine, transmission, turbo and what have you. I don't think cosmetic upgrades should add to it as well although the gae itself gives handling a slight boost if the spoiler is upgraded.

I'm working on applying custom power multipliers so cars like a Regina or a Panto can compete against supercars, but that's, at most, what I think i'll be able to do.

Exactly what I'm talking about all the time. :laughing:

I want to make the script for everyone and will try to keep realism options toggleable to please both fanbases.

That is always nice, that is the way to go so that everyone can have the gaming experience he is looking for. Although, for less experienced users, a menu would be nice. And have you thought about my popup bets window, so the player won't have to run to the starting line to place a bet? would be very convenient.

However I have to admit all of this is confusing me a bit. @Regash @mkeezay30 can you point the features we have been discussed, how you'd like them to work, as straighforward as possible? So I have something concise that I can try to apply to the script.

@mkeezay30 was refering to the rim/tires thing, to not have only high end tires work for all cars and every other kind does nothing, I think.

@Zoey Yep, that win/loss records were awesome. They should definitely have a comeback.

And now I also noticed that, if one AI car doesn't get to the start line, the other might turn around, as someone mentioned earlier. I'm really looking forward to corrected return paths and improved wayfinding routines.
    I really wish I had any clue about C#...

• @Eddlm 1.9.1b Maud eats too many resources especially pedestrians who have lowered FPS to 10. But in it there is nothing. After the first race pedestrians have arranged firefight. The girl from the flare pistol has been killed. Races has ceased to work, and a game has fallen in a few minutes. Already every time.
    It is necessary to remove pedestrians weapon out of harm's way. Also it is worth reducing the number of pedestrians for the best productivity and спавн cars of racers.

• To passed 1.9.1, it works more constantly.
    For weak computers it is necessary to reduce spawn cars and pedestrians.
    To make 5 cars of racers and after the race with one of participants, all 5 cars will change on others. To exhaust all this separate version for weak computers.

• @Eddlm
    Although both options are set tu TRUE, the shifting minigame does not appear on my screen.

config01

Added

• Controller support. Somewhat. You can now change the Interaction and Shifting keys inside the config.ini file. The game will display the correct key icon when notifying you about what you can do while playing.
    • Props to the starting lines, if defined by the Meet .xml.
    • Racers will leave the meets if they lose all the money and can't bet nor participate.
    • New racers will join the meet over time, until hitting the meet's racer limit.
    • Options (.ini file) to disable realistic wheelies and grip info.
    • Lowriders will bounce around at the starting line. Experimental, fun to watch but could cause issues.

Fixed/Improved

• AI going to the starting line should be less likely to start looping around.
    • The starting line girl is now closer to the racers.
    • Spectator behavior. They now check out vehicles in groups.
    • PowerMultiplier, Grip, Performance and Wheelie behavior:
      -- Wheelie behavior. Supercars can't wheelie anymore, but they will still lift, always keeping and wheels on the ground. Lowered suspensions hinder wheelies.
      -- Grip behavior. Muscle, Supercars and Sports need matching tires to benefit from the tire bonus. Custom and/or Warn Tires an still give a bonus to any car.
      -- Performance is an addition of engine and transmission upgrades. Experimental, changes drastically how upgrades affect cars.
      -- PowerMultiplier is now an addition of Grip and Performance upgrades.

Cars whose performance is higher than their grip will perform a failed wheelie at start, AKA lots of wheelspin, little grip for a second before behaving normally.

• Racers whose cars don't have engine/transmission upgrades won't burnout. It didn't make much sense for a stock car to be able to do them.
    • Paths to the waiting area now use multiple points and work as a route, to make sure returning cars don't interrupt ongoing races.
    • Racers will leave the trunk open if there are speaker modifications in there, and hoods open if the engine block is modified too. Before, only hoods were checked.
    • Bet default value changed to 50$ and added more money to racers, mainly because they emptied the meet too fast, now that they can actually find themselves too poor to pay the fee for participating.

Bugs I'm aware of

• Spectators still cross the track from time to time, only noticeable if the waiting area is ahead of the starting line, AKA the airport meet.
    • Cars joining can still interrupt races.
    • Cars can enter a loop of going around themselves near the start line. The stuck check should pick this up and prevent it, but it doesn't work most of the time.
    • As ped models are randomized, sometimes you see odd people racing. I've had two grandmas in a row.

Screensshots: http://imgur.com/a/0shnE

• @Regash @Zoey money stats aren't gone, just hidden. Crouch/enter stealth when looking at the car.

I also noticed that, if one AI car doesn't get to the start line, the other might turn around, as someone mentioned earlier.

Never happened to me, same as the missing shift minigame.

I'm really looking forward to corrected return paths and improved wayfinding routines.

I've worked on the return paths, however wayfinding routines are up to the game itself. I simply can't fix cars bumping into each other, people and props. I've set them to avoid these, but the game AI is not very good at local pathfinding.

• @Eddlm I've been getting game crashes when getting close to a meet with version 1.9.2

I'll continue to look into it but I would love to hear what you have to say about it.

[UPDATE] I found that I somehow had two 'DragMeets.dll' files which was probably my problem

• @Eddlm
    Could it be that the shifting minigame didn't pop up for me as I'm using a controler? Or maybe some game setting?

Also, I kind of had an idea how to get rid of the waiting zone chaos, although it spoils immersion a bit but would improve gameplay a lot. Keep in mind that, as always, I'm just brainstorming as I don't know what is possible and what is not.

So, here is the idea: As soon as an AI car enters the waiting area, it despawns and respawns in the area in an ordely parked fashion. How many spots you need for parking is determined by the max number of cars for the given drag meet. Then, when an AI driver is called for a race, again the car despawns and respawns close to the starting line where it now should be no problem for the AI to find its way to the lineup spot.

Here is a graphic I made to better understand:
    dragwait

I had this idea when I realized that having chaotic parking in addition to poor wayfinding of the game results in chaos and crashes and AIs calling for help because they are stuck. I had to use your winch mod to forcefully drag my opponent to the starting line because he insisted on going through all parked cars in the waiting area, even after being respawned a couple of times. I seem to remember that 1.8 did this on default when cars didn't show up at the start line after a certain amount of time, but having nicely parked cars would also be awesome. Just to be clear: I think they should not drive but be spawned into parking position on entering the waiting area, so it stays nice and tidy like a car meet should be.

I experienced no crashes with 1.9.2 so far. Shifting minigame didn't show up yet but I haven't checked the ini-file. I used a Pißwasser Dominator (Game says muscle car.) and couldn't get it to wheelie, even with stock suspension. Then I switched to Hotknife and it wheelied just fine, even with lowest possible suspension. I love the fact that we now have class related tires, thank you. On Sandy Shores Airfield, braking suddenly is a problem again, AI cars went over the ledge and even I had some trouble to stop in time, was different in 1.9.1 where braking was working like a charm. Some cars seem to take the old route back, using the dirt track beside the race track, some took a rather unnecessary long route all arount the airfield, back on the street and then coming back again, even stopping and turning around at one point. I'm not really a fan of lowrider bouncing, looked very strange to me. I love the starting gates though. Maybe something similar for the finish line?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.