[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

Dind't understood this one, didn't you want named racers? @mkeezay30 recorded a video about it. Is this what you meant?

Hm, the video seems to have what I had in mind on one or two of the cars.

I don't know if you ever attended a real life drag race event. There are teams with one or more cars, a driver for each car and mechanics and other team members. For this mod, you don't need the team members and mechanics, that is true. But if you sat there, watching the race you could hear the announcer:

"And next up is John Smith in his '69 Camaro 'Earthquake', going against..."
    You got the drivers name, the cars brand and model and the cars name.
    That was, what I had in mind. The actual model of the car, which you already used in 1.8, a name of the driver, which you seem to have added already, at least for persistent drivers, and a name for the car.

Cars also used to have the name on the side, like this "Pain Killer":
    Pain Killer

Yeah, I know, there is limits to what scripts can do! :laughing:

By the way, I tried to alter the XML files and added cars I designed by pressing space when in the waiting zone and then adding the data of the created file to the drivers XML file. I also made the attempt of creating my own class called "Drag" and put this class into the Sandy Shore Meet, removing all other classes and lowering the limit to 8 cars, as I haven't created more than that. Some of the models had difficulty to spawn, but those who spawned did not look like I made them but were randomized. Any idea why?

• @Regash Maybe he could do text that says that

• @miko81 said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Regash Maybe he could do text that says that

I kind of hope he can, we already talk about it.

@Eddlm
    Hey man, I used the "object" tab of the Enhanced Native Trainer (ENT) to look for objects and not only did I find the normal parachutes as spawnable objects but another VERY interesting object called "Cargo Parachute" in the military section. Still, I don't know nothing about spawning and using objects in scripts, that much is true, but i would look awesome if you could use it for the mod:

chute01.jpg
    chute02.jpg

Its size would be just perfect. Can you actually spawn and attach items to other items? Maybe this one when passing the finish line, despwan it on a very low speed? Just an idea, like I said, I got no clue.

Cheers, mate!

• @Regash

@Eddlm
    Hey man, I used the "object" tab of the Enhanced Native Trainer (ENT) to look for objects and not only did I find the normal parachutes as spawnable objects but another VERY interesting object called "Cargo Parachute" in the military section.

Nice, tell me the object name.

Nice, tell me the object name.

I wish I could... I can't even find a list of all vehicles spawning names. :frowning2:
    In ENT, all vehicles and objects are categorized and have 'normal' names.
    While I am waiting for 2.0 to be released, I try to change the settings for 1.8 so it spawns only cars that are appropriate in my opinion. But you need the spawn names for them, which I don't have. :frowning2:

In ENT this smaller parachute can be found in Objects -> Object Spawner -> Military -> Cargo Parachute
    I wish I could be of more help to you.

• @Regash you might want to check the updated version of ent (a lot of people didn't know about it, even the original author author got involved.) https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/enhanced-native-trainer-zemanez-and-others

• Quoting the OP:

1.9 ALPHA

All goes into GTAV/scripts.
    Be sure to check out /scripts/DragMeets/config.ini to finetune the thing to your liking.

Toy around with it all you want, but make sure you give feedback.
    I need to know:

• Does it crash? How often?
    • Any problems regarding spawning vehicles?
    • Are the script mechanics intuitive (easily understandable)?
    • Is there something you have tried and doesn't work like you expected, or at all?

• @Think_Tank said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Regash you might want to check the updated version of ent (a lot of people didn't know about it, even the original author author got involved.) https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/enhanced-native-trainer-zemanez-and-others

I am using the current update 32 of ENT. The problem is not ENT but the fact that ENT has named the spawnable objects.
    For example: There is this supercar called "X80 Prototype" in game. But to spawn it, you'll need it's internal name "PROTOTIPO". So X80 Prototype and PROTOTIPO are the object in the game, but one is the given name we users know and one is the internal engine name. And that engine name of Cargo Parachute is what Eddlm needs and that I can't give him, unfortunately.

@Eddlm
    When I click on your link, I'm getting an error message. Please check the link! It should start with https, not hhttps!

• @Regash I've managed to spawn a few parachutes, however haven't found that one yet. I'll keep looking.

URL fixed, thanks.

• @Regash Wait, isn't that a general in-game problem? Like, it's not ent, it's the game files, I thought.

• @Eddlm Nice to see you guys working on parachutes.

The current model used in the above screenshots are used in aircraft, like this F-117 A.
    alt text

But it's great nonetheless, it's better than nothing.

In the future updates, can you add a custom models like these? I've seen some parachute models in places like Turbosquid.

alt text

alt text

• @Eddlm From a first and rather quick glance, the Alpha looks mighty fine. The only error I got so far was the "space between cars" error on setup and I'm pretty sure you are aware of that one, still working on organizing the waiting area.
    Maybe a couple less notifications in the final product, when your're leaving a meet, your screen get swamped with "left the meet" messages. Best notification so far: Cheetah left the Meet, reason: driver died

I absolutely love the countdown and the fact that a jump start is recognized. Awesome! I've used a Vigero against supercars and was about 1 second slower, which also felt quite right. (Although I still think there should be a way of going from a moddified stock car to a ProModdified, meaning to have a way of pushing the power of (muscle) cars. In real life, there are Camaros with 1000 HP and more. (And, I admit it, I still hate supercars! :laughing: )

You should shorten the digits shown for results. it is displaying a lot of zeros at the end, meaning that there are more digits than being measured. Even professional timers don't go farther than 1/1000 of a second, meaning 3 digits after the comma.
    The info shown above the car in the waiting area seems a little bugged. Numbers can't be read, they disappear, overlayed by the bar section. The bars seem bugged as well, acceleration not showing anything at all and some others seem to have breaks in them.

Question 1: I joined the meet with one car, then decided to spawn another one for testing reasons. My character immediately left the car, a random ped spawned and joined the meet with the newly spawned car as my friend. Is that intended behaviour? You are not supposed to change your car at all?

Question 2: I managed to get some wheelies with my Vigero and the boost I got from that was acceptable, not as exaggerated as in the BurnoutWheelie mod, which is awesome. I restarted the meet with a Nero Custom. I got no wheelies out of that car, so I thought wheelies only worked fpr muscle cars but then an NPC driver in an Adder wheelied right beside me. How do wheelies work now?

Question 3: How far away from the meet do you have to get to despawn it? I felt like I was already miles away from LS Airport and still got race result messages.

Small things that caught my eye:

• One time I got back to waiting area, all drivers stood on the roof of their cars.
    • A jumpstart disqualifies the driver but doesn't make the whole race invalid. (Bets on that driver should be considered lost.)

So far, so good, more when I have time for testing and looking at the config.ini file.
    I really wish I could help you with that cargo parachute. You think you could spawn and despawn them attached to the back end of a car?

• @Akila_Reigns I doubt I'll be adding models to the game myself, or making Drag Meets depend on people modding their games.

If someone wants to add the model to the game, Drag Meets will support it, though.

• @Eddlm What about replacing an existing parachute?

For an example: This mod has one, I don't think they would allow to use their model, they have too many rules. https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/hongyi-team-j20-weilong-fighter-v1-0

• @Regash

The only error I got so far was the "space between cars" error on setup and I'm pretty sure you are aware of that one, still working on organizing the waiting area.
    Maybe a couple less notifications in the final product, when your're leaving a meet, your screen get swamped with "left the meet" messages. Best notification so far: Cheetah left the Meet, reason: driver died

Don't worry, a lot of the notifications you see are debug stuff. The final release will be clean, all of that will go to debug.txt.

I absolutely love the countdown and the fact that a jump start is recognized. Awesome! I've used a Vigero against supercars and was about 1 second slower, which also felt quite right. (Although I still think there should be a way of going from a moddified stock car to a ProModdified, meaning to have a way of pushing the power of (muscle) cars. In real life, there are Camaros with 1000 HP and more. (And, I admit it, I still hate supercars! :laughing: )

I take it you know the Engine Power Multiplier thing? I can make it so the script takes that into account when picking Racers, but there's a problem with that: Drag Meets uses that attribute to simulate tire grip.

So if you come with a x40PowerMultiplier to the Meet, the game will reduce it to x1 after a race (set to default)
    I know you won't use the Tire performance thing, but I have to take every option into account.

You should shorten the digits shown for results. it is displaying a lot of zeros at the end, meaning that there are more digits than being measured. Even professional timers don't go farther than 1/1000 of a second, meaning 3 digits after the comma.

I'm still fighting with C# DateTime/TimeSpan functions to get it right.

The info shown above the car in the waiting area seems a little bugged. Numbers can't be read, they disappear, overlayed by the bar section. The bars seem bugged as well, acceleration not showing anything at all and some others seem to have breaks in them.

Gotta need a screenshot, I read them without issue. Maybe they're too small?

Question 1: I joined the meet with one car, then decided to spawn another one for testing reasons. My character immediately left the car, a random ped spawned and joined the meet with the newly spawned car as my friend. Is that intended behaviour? You are not supposed to change your car at all?

Nein. AI can't change cars either, so it's fair.
    I could add a way to leave the Meet and rejoin again.

Question 2: I managed to get some wheelies with my Vigero and the boost I got from that was acceptable, not as exaggerated as in the BurnoutWheelie mod, which is awesome. I restarted the meet with a Nero Custom. I got no wheelies out of that car, so I thought wheelies only worked fpr muscle cars but then an NPC driver in an Adder wheelied right beside me. How do wheelies work now?

The script tries to guess if your car is able to do wheelies by checking the ground clearance it has, but it's not perfect. I need to work on it.

Question 3: How far away from the meet do you have to get to despawn it? I felt like I was already miles away from LS Airport and still got race result messages.

TrackLength*4. I'm going to reduce it to *2 for the next time.
    (If I set it too low, Meets will despawn every time you go to the finish line)

Small things that caught my eye:

• One time I got back to waiting area, all drivers stood on the roof of their cars.
    • A jumpstart disqualifies the driver but doesn't make the whole race invalid. (Bets on that driver should be considered lost.)

It disqualifies the driver and prevents them gaining any money, but I haven't revoked the bets yet. Will happen.

I really wish I could help you with that cargo parachute. You think you could spawn and despawn them attached to the back end of a car?

@Eddlm What about replacing an existing parachute?

You guys really like parachutes on cars :laughing: Give me time to work it out.

You guys really like parachutes on cars :laughing:

Well, after thinking a bit about that, I realized only high class drag racers use parachutes, meaning Funny Cars or Top Fuelers. (Exceptions confirm the rule! :wink: ) Since we don't have cars like that in the game, maybe the use of parachutes should/could be limited to EMS upgrade 4 vehicles only, maybe even with an option in the config.ini.

Speaking of the config.ini, I think it is pretty clear and easy to handle, no complaints there from my corner. I'm pretty sure even less experienced users will be able to set the values to their liking. And the option for manual spawning of the meets is just plain AWESOME!

The "engine multiplier thing" is something that is available in ENT, yes, I know about it. That is why I thought you could use it to make cars faster, since you were talking about career mode. Starting with a stock buccaneer and in the end having a 2000 HP dragstrip monster, that was what I envisioned when I read about "career mode". :wink: Didn't know that you use it to simulate something else. Would it be possible to have a separate PowerMultiplier for each car? Since I don't know how you handle it in your script, maybe you could calculate it from something like a general boost representing the upgrade of the car itself and a smaller value added by tire usage and burnouts, if you get my meaning. Like a normal car with EMS upgrade 4 has PowerMultiplier of x1, you upgraded to x10 already and burnout + tires will ad another x1.5, so the car, after making a burnout now has a PM of x11,5 for that one race only?

By the way, in the config file you speak of high end and street tires. Which are considered "street"? In my game there are Bennys 2 different types, high end, sports, tuner, muscle, lowrider, SUV and and offroad rims. (Hope I didn't forget any.) Or are we talking about the actual tires, not the rims? Meaning there are normal tires and these who are called custom tires? It would make more sense if custom tires gave the boost, since the rims are just a hunk of metal, basically. So... Question 4: Is it the type of rims that have an effect on performance or is it the custom tires? (Question answered, see below.)

So the wheelie part of the new script actually prevents cars with high upgrades of suspension to do wheelies? Hmmm... Don't know if that makes any sense. The questions here rather are: a) if the engine has enough power and b) if the tires have enough grip. So a wheelie on a dirt surface is rather impossible as you can't get the tires to stick to the ground and let the engine power lift the body of the car. It should rather depend on engine power (PM and/or EMS upgrade 3 or 4) and grip (warm tires and tire type) rather than suspension. And only on asphalt/tarmac, never on dirt!

TrackLength*2 sounds more reasonable, at least to me. Yes, it shouldn't be to short a distance as I also like to watch the AI race from the sidelines.

EDIT: After a couple of races, I saw some things that I'd like to mention:

• The script always chooses the rightmost lane for the player.
    • You're not notified that you have to race and your opponent is not announced.
    • All spawned cars seem to have primary and secondary color always the same, single colored cars only.
    • AI drivers tend to drive in circles when seemingly unable to find a route to the starting line. (I force them out of the circle to make them respawn somewhere else or recalculating their route.)
    • The stage arrow disappearing when player positioned correctly at the starting line is awesome!
    • The grip really depends on using sports or high end rims. Please reconsider!
    • Sandy Shores brake zone is way to short, AI always goes over the edge. We need parachutes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    • Named AI drivers like Eddlm or SPECTA seem to have a personhal wallet with money in it. Maybe for player too, so upgrades in form of PowerMultiplier can be bought later?
    • When a AI driver is challenged, you get the message "Challenge accepted." Will some of them decline a challenge? And if yes, under what circumstances?

And now for the infobox that you asked a screenshot for:
    car infobox

• The Vigero is a Declasse, not a Pegassi! Wrong sign! (Just realized Pegassi is shown for every car, so maybe still WiP?)
    • Numbers partially hidden, seen worse than this one.
    • The first bar has a break in the middle.
    • Acceleration bar completely empty for all cars.

Also, now a couple of errors on startup of a meet:
    errors01

Sorry if my input is bothering you, you can tell me to shut up anytime. I just want the best gaming experience from a mod that cool and I LOVE drag racing, almost bought a doorslammer, a 1971 Chevy Nova, once myself... :wink:
    At last: You wrote "Nein" in your last post. Do you happen to be a german like me? :astonished:

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

You guys really like parachutes on cars :laughing:

Well, after thinking a bit about that, I realized only high class drag racers use parachutes, meaning Funny Cars or Top Fuelers. (Exceptions confirm the rule! :wink: ) Since we don't have cars like that in the game, maybe the use of parachutes should/could be limited to EMS upgrade 4 vehicles only, maybe even with an option in the config.ini.

I can dynamically apply them based on rules, EMS4 and Supercar class, for example.
    Or a specific list of cars.

Speaking of the config.ini, I think it is pretty clear and easy to handle, no complaints there from my corner. I'm pretty sure even less experienced users will be able to set the values to their liking. And the option for manual spawning of the meets is just plain AWESOME!

Nice. It will also avoid a lot of issues people had. And will stop occupying everyone's airports lol

The "engine multiplier thing" is something that is available in ENT, yes, I know about it. That is why I thought you could use it to make cars faster, since you were talking about career mode. Starting with a stock buccaneer and in the end having a 2000 HP dragstrip monster, that was what I envisioned when I read about "career mode". :wink: Didn't know that you use it to simulate something else. Would it be possible to have a separate PowerMultiplier for each car? Since I don't know how you handle it in your script, maybe you could calculate it from something like a general boost representing the upgrade of the car itself and a smaller value added by tire usage and burnouts, if you get my meaning. Like a normal car with EMS upgrade 4 has PowerMultiplier of x1, you upgraded to x10 already and burnout + tires will ad another x1.5, so the car, after making a burnout now has a PM of x11,5 for that one race only?

You can have a separate multiplier for each car, yeah.
    Old Drag Meet aldeady did this the Lost van and one Regina had a big power multiplier to show they were custom.

By the way, in the config file you speak of high end and street tires. Which are considered "street"? In my game there are Bennys 2 different types, high end, sports, tuner, muscle, lowrider, SUV and and offroad rims. (Hope I didn't forget any.) Or are we talking about the actual tires, not the rims? Meaning there are normal tires and these who are called custom tires? It would make more sense if custom tires gave the boost, since the rims are just a hunk of metal, basically. So... Question 4: Is it the type of rims that have an effect on performance or is it the custom tires? (Question answered, see below.)

I meant Sport tires. Its the wheel type what's taken into account.

So the wheelie part of the new script actually prevents cars with high upgrades of suspension to do wheelies? Hmmm... Don't know if that makes any sense. The questions here rather are: a) if the engine has enough power and b) if the tires have enough grip. So a wheelie on a dirt surface is rather impossible as you can't get the tires to stick to the ground and let the engine power lift the body of the car. It should rather depend on engine power (PM and/or EMS upgrade 3 or 4) and grip (warm tires and tire type) rather than suspension. And only on asphalt/tarmac, never on dirt!

Well, lower cars shouldn't be able to lift, by my logic.

EDIT: After a couple of races, I saw some things that I'd like to mention:

• The script always chooses the rightmost lane for the player.

Because it always chooses the player first. Little I can do except some internal magic, which I'll try.

• You're not notified that you have to race and your opponent is not announced.

Its coded but disabled for testing, I was testing 10-wide car racers at the time and the screen got cluttered quickly.

• All spawned cars seem to have primary and secondary color always the same, single colored cars only.
    • AI drivers tend to drive in circles when seemingly unable to find a route to the starting line. (I force them out of the circle to make them respawn somewhere else or recalculating their route.)
      GTA AI.
    • The stage arrow disappearing when player positioned correctly at the starting line is awesome!
    • The grip really depends on using sports or high end rims. Please reconsider!

Reconsider what? Make it depend more on the engine?

• Sandy Shores brake zone is way to short, AI always goes over the edge. We need parachutes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Check out the Distance Multiplier inside the .ini.

• Named AI drivers like Eddlm or SPECTA seem to have a personhal wallet with money in it. Maybe for player too, so upgrades in form of PowerMultiplier can be bought later?

All drivers have it. That's what they use for betting. Named Drivers will probably get their money saved across sessions.

• When a AI driver is challenged, you get the message "Challenge accepted." Will some of them decline a challenge? And if yes, under what circumstances?

Doubt so. That's there as an excuse to allow players to force certain races.

And now for the infobox that you asked a screenshot for:
    car infobox

• The Vigero is a Declasse, not a Pegassi! Wrong sign! (Just realized Pegassi is shown for every car, so maybe still WiP?)
    • Numbers partially hidden, seen worse than this one.
    • The first bar has a break in the middle.
    • Acceleration bar completely empty for all cars.

Pegassi: I'm trying to find a generic logo to put there. I can't check a car's fabricant.
    The break: Bug, they don't update often enough.
    Acceleration: was working before, I'll see what happened.

Also, now a couple of errors on startup of a meet:
    errors01

The red ones warn you about optional, missing info from the race, nothing to worry about. Some Meets don't need that info.

I see the Meet is able to skip cars without crashing, that's nice.

At last: You wrote "Nein" in your last post. Do you happen to be a german like me? :astonished:

I happen to like the word. But nope, I am from Spain :P

• @Eddlm

That you can apply parachutes based on rules is quite nice. So maybe EMS upgrade 4 or, if you do it, from a certain PowerModifier. But it's good to know that you can actually choose certain situations to trigger an event.

That you can actually apply different PMs to different cars is cool. It doesn't matter for randomly spawned AI drivers, but named drivers who keep coming back to races makes the whole thing really interesting for career mode, if it is also possible to save the value in a file. Oh man, I'm getting ideas here... :laughing:

Yeah, I found out that you made sport and high end rims the trigger for boosting the cars MP. What I meant with reconsidering was to not use the rims but the custom tires instead, as the rubber is the thing in contact to the tarmac, not the rim, which is only there to hold the rubber in place. I know, this would give only one way of boosting instead of two that you have now (0.5 for sports, 1.0 for high end) but it just would make more sense. I know where you're coming from as the tire changes with the type of rim chosen, you have to use Offroad wheels to have offroad tires but in real life, you could pair almost any kind of rim with any kind of tire. Keep in mind, we're talking about three different things here: a rim is the metal centerpiece, the tire is the rubber around that and the wheel is both combined. In the end it is your decision, in my mind the rubber, meaning standard or custom tires, should be the trigger.

Nope, I don't think that lowered suspension has anything to do with doing wheelies. You can do a wheelie if the force of the engine is strong enough to actually lift the car and the resistance of the tire against the tarmac, called grip, is high enough to withstand the engine force. If the grip is lower, you get spinning tires and a lot of smoke. it is basically a problem of the physics law of leverage. Front wheel driven cars can't do wheelies at all. Look at the image, distance to the ground is no part of it.
    wheelie physics

The right lane thing was just an observation, doesn' really matter. I noticed it because I used 1.8 a lot where it was pure coincidence, whch lane you used.

Okay, as long as the notification comes back in the final product, everything is fine. I just realized, I've been looking for a stuck AI driver while the game actually waited for me to go to the starting line.

Reconsidering the customs tires instead of the rms, as I explained earlier.

That need of parachutes was basically meant as a joke but since the cars are no longer indestructible, that actually might affect races in Sandy Shores. Now that you mention it, I've seen the LS Airport has a track length of 900. What is that? 900 feet? Meters? I would so love to have a "real" quartermile, meaning 402,336 meters. Depending on what 900 means, it could solve the Sandy Shores issue too. track lengths I've seen in drag racing so far were 1/4 of a mile and 1/8 of a mile.

Good, I just wondered because the challenge wasn't accepted in earlier versions. I don't have any issue with that.

You can't check a cars fabricant? Hm... But it does work in online game, right? So there should be a way to do it. But this is just nitpicking, the logo is of zero importance.

So Spain... Cool. Never been there yet, although it is one of Germanys favorite vacation destinations.

• @Eddlm OK, so I tested the alpha version, it's pretty neat. One question though, how can I reduce track length? Because LS airport track is way too long, even extends to the sea, so all the AI drivers end up dead. :/

• @Regash

That you can apply parachutes based on rules is quite nice. So maybe EMS upgrade 4 or, if you do it, from a certain PowerModifier. But it's good to know that you can actually choose certain situations to trigger an event.

The whole thing has been rewritten so every Racer is independent, to allow handling them individually. ;)

Yeah, I found out that you made sport and high end rims the trigger for boosting the cars MP. What I meant with reconsidering was to not use the rims but the custom tires instead, as the rubber is the thing in contact to the tarmac, not the rim, which is only there to hold the rubber in place. I know, this would give only one way of boosting instead of two that you have now (0.5 for sports, 1.0 for high end) but it just would make more sense. I know where you're coming from as the tire changes with the type of rim chosen, you have to use Offroad wheels to have offroad tires but in real life, you could pair almost any kind of rim with any kind of tire. Keep in mind, we're talking about three different things here: a rim is the metal centerpiece, the tire is the rubber around that and the wheel is both combined. In the end it is your decision, in my mind the rubber, meaning standard or custom tires, should be the trigger.

In GTA V, the car's wheel type define the rims and tires it uses. High-End wheels use a set of rims, and a specific tire. SUV wheels use another set of rims and a specific tire, etc.

I can make Custom Tires be important for the grip calculation, good idea.

Nope, I don't think that lowered suspension has anything to do with doing wheelies. You can do a wheelie if the force of the engine is strong enough to actually lift the car and the resistance of the tire against the tarmac, called grip, is high enough to withstand the engine force. If the grip is lower, you get spinning tires and a lot of smoke. it is basically a problem of the physics law of leverage. Front wheel driven cars can't do wheelies at all. Look at the image, distance to the ground is no part of it.
    wheelie physics

I think lower clearance makes the wheelie less likely to happen because of the car's center of mass. High centers of mass allow tipping, lower centers of mass make tipping harder (sideways, backward)

The right lane thing was just an observation, doesn' really matter. I noticed it because I used 1.8 a lot where it was pure coincidence, whch lane you used.

Handling two cars is simpler and 1.8 allowed for that. As now races can hold up to 10 participants at the same time, more organization is needed and I "remove the player from the equation" by picking him first, so he always ends up in the same position. AI Racers do use random lanes, based on when they were picked.

That need of parachutes was basically meant as a joke but since the cars are no longer indestructible, that actually might affect races in Sandy Shores. Now that you mention it, I've seen the LS Airport has a track length of 900. What is that? 900 feet? Meters? I would so love to have a "real" quartermile, meaning 402,336 meters. Depending on what 900 means, it could solve the Sandy Shores issue too. track lengths I've seen in drag racing so far were 1/4 of a mile and 1/8 of a mile.

If that 900 is from the xml file, is obsolete. It was the player's max distance from the Meet at which the game would despawn it.

You can't check a cars fabricant? Hm... But it does work in online game, right? So there should be a way to do it. But this is just nitpicking, the logo is of zero importance.

Haven't found a way yet.

@Akila_Reigns

@Eddlm OK, so I tested the alpha version, it's pretty neat. One question though, how can I reduce track length? Because LS airport track is way too long, even extends to the sea, so all the AI drivers end up dead. :/

Be sure to check out /scripts/DragMeets/config.ini to finetune the thing to your liking.

:angry:

• @Eddlm I don't know why it made you angry, of course I have checked the config file and it says 1,0. I'm sorry but I don't know what to change, when I enter 0,0 or just 0, all vehicles disappear at the beginning of the race, if I change the value to something bigger than 1, the track extends even more.

• @Akila_Reigns said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm I don't know why it made you angry, of course I have checked the config file and it says 1,0. I'm sorry but I don't know what to change, when I enter 0,0 or just 0, all vehicles disappear at the beginning of the race, if I change the value to something bigger than 1, the track extends even more.

Think of it like that: 1,0 = 100 %, 0,0 = 0 %, 0.5 = 50 %.
    Somehow this is a way of measuring that has always been part of programming.

It is based on the meaning of "percent". Percent comes from Per Cente, meaning "of hundred".
    So 5 % means 5 of 100. You can calculate that by 5 / 100 = 0.05.

So if you want the tracks to be 75 % of their original length, make it 0.75.

@Eddlm

I still don't like the idea that you have to use a certain type of rims to get the grip bonus, as not only are those rims f*cking ugly in my opinion, they also look ridicoulus on certain types of cars as well. Just for seeing what I mean, Spawn a Karin Rebel and apply those rims... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The high center of gravity is really of no importance to the wheelie, as the car isn't tipping but being lifted by brute force. If you were right, Pickups should wheelie more easily than muscle cars but the simply don't. Also, there is something called "mass inertia", that already tips the body of a car backwards when accelerating. You can see that on even the smallest car when it starts moving, the body tries to withstand the movement, causing it to lean backwards. But it is your mod and so it is your decision.

Okay, so the 900 can be ignored. But how is track length measured? Or did you just set two points, start and finish, at will?

• @Regash Yeah I know that, and you are right about it, but I wanted to remove the track extending completely, and like I said, using 0,0 removes the cars at the beginning of the race, hopefully it will be fixed, if it's a bug in the script.

• @Akila_Reigns
    First of all, I can't see the problem as in my game, the LS Airport track just works fine, even has enough space for the cars to get to a halt. Did you alter something else? Maybe, just to be sure, remove and reinstall the 1.9 version of Drag Meets and make sure there is no data from any older version left.

If the airport strip still is way to long (Please ignore the yellow lines, they got nothing to do with track length!), try it with like 0.5 or even 0.2. 0.0 is an extreme that should not occur. Maybe start with 0.1 and then work your way up?

The only race I've had problems so far is Sandy Shores where the end of the track is so close to the end of the runway that cars get damaged there all the time.

• @Regash I'll see what happens after a reinstall. Every race work fine except in LS airport, every car crashes into the fence and drivers die. I haven't installed any handling mods either. Oh well, I'll reinstall and see what'll happen.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.