[SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0

• @Akila_Reigns

@Eddlm I don't know why it made you angry, of course I have checked the config file and it says 1,0. I'm sorry but I don't know what to change, when I enter 0,0 or just 0, all vehicles disappear at the beginning of the race, if I change the value to something bigger than 1, the track extends even more.

I haven't explained myself correctly then. My bad.
    It works exactly like @Regash says.

I still don't like the idea that you have to use a certain type of rims to get the grip bonus, as not only are those rims f*cking ugly in my opinion, they also look ridicoulus on certain types of cars as well. Just for seeing what I mean, Spawn a Karin Rebel and apply those rims... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You're right. It would also prevent experimenting with different cars in different areas.

I prefer the idea of having each wheeltype to affect performance, but maybe an option to only check for Custom Tires instead of wheel type could satisfy both.
    @mkeezay30 What's your opinion on this?

Regarding track length problems, I'll revise them. Its true that I've tried to squeeze as much length as possible in most cases.

By the way, yellow lines are a quick way for me to remember the Meet layout, they're here because of that. If some lines go into the center of the map its because that Meet lacks some of the optional areas.

• To do before the race, the competitor's car after some time to spawn before the start. And faced with such a problem, some cars cannot travel to infinity to crash into other cars, once before the race, the rival cut circles ad infinitum. In General, make the opponent spawn before the start if he doesn't come after some time as in version 1.8.
    But the yellow lines on them can be removed or it will be in the final version?

• @Eddlm I've noticed some bugs with the 1.9 Alpha.
    Firstly I really like this mod it's one of my personal favourites.
    Secondly about the feedback:
    1.For me it doesn't crash at all. I played with it for several hours and tested the new editions.
    2.Sometimes vehicles spawn too close to me/my vehicle or spawn in inconvenient locations (for example in the drag meet in Palmer-Taylor Power Station, the cars spawn really close to each other and/or crashing in eachother. Another example is the meet at LS River, some vehicles spawn in the river and can't come out, sometimes they come out but after a while)
    3.The AI is horrible, I understand it is an alpha so it is acceptable. Here are some of the problems: In the LS River meet racers just drive in circles when they go on the walls of the canal. Sometimes the AI drivers get scared of me wheel spining in the begining of the race and run off. And another one is at the Power Station - The returning racers (from the previous race) get in the way of the next ones.
    4.About the exiting a meet, the distance is too long in my opinion, I think it would be better if you can shorten it.
    5.And I tried to star a 4 man drag race and it didn't work. It stated that the drivers can be located and then it disbanded and assebled the meet, so if you know how to set up a 4 man (or more) race please tell me.

That's all I gathered for 3 hours of playing with it, if I find more I'll let you know.
    And thank you again for the awsome mod. :)

• @Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

You're right. It would also prevent experimenting with different cars in different areas.

I prefer the idea of having each wheeltype to affect performance, but maybe an option to only check for Custom Tires instead of wheel type could satisfy both.

How about this idea, then? Match rim types to car classes!

• Muscle Cars boosted Muscle Rims
    • Supercars boosted by High End Rims
    • Sportscars boosted by Sport Rims
    • Offroad Cars boosted by Offroad Rims

Something along those lines, you know?

• Making a burnout warming up your tires: Grip get 50 % bonus.
    • Having the right type of rims on your car: Grip get 50 % bonus.
    • Use custom tires instead of normal: Grip get 50 % bonus.

Maybe that would work out?

Also, I experienced no crashes whatsoever, buikdt runs stable for me. Everything else has already been mentioned.

• @DiMiD777

To do before the race, the competitor's car after some time to spawn before the start. And faced with such a problem, some cars cannot travel to infinity to crash into other cars, once before the race, the rival cut circles ad infinitum. In General, make the opponent spawn before the start if he doesn't come after some time as in version 1.8.

I didn't understand.

But the yellow lines on them can be removed or it will be in the final version?

They will not appear in the final version.

@GogoGTA

1.For me it doesn't crash at all. I played with it for several hours and tested the new editions.

Nice! This is important to know.

2.Sometimes vehicles spawn too close to me/my vehicle or spawn in inconvenient locations (for example in the drag meet in Palmer-Taylor Power Station, the cars spawn really close to each other and/or crashing in eachother. Another example is the meet at LS River, some vehicles spawn in the river and can't come out, sometimes they come out but after a while)

While spawning the Meet manually, or when they spawn automatically?

3.The AI is horrible, I understand it is an alpha so it is acceptable. Here are some of the problems: In the LS River meet racers just drive in circles when they go on the walls of the canal. Sometimes the AI drivers get scared of me wheel spining in the begining of the race and run off. And another one is at the Power Station - The returning racers (from the previous race) get in the way of the next ones.

I expected AI going in circles, but npcs getting scared has never happened to me.

Returning racers getting in the way is something that's currently being worked on. See that "missing PathToWaitingArea" notification in some Meets? When its defined, it fixes this issue.

4.About the exiting a meet, the distance is too long in my opinion, I think it would be better if you can shorten it.

Will be done for the next version.

5.And I tried to star a 4 man drag race and it didn't work. It stated that the drivers can be located and then it disbanded and assebled the meet, so if you know how to set up a 4 man (or more) race please tell me.

How have you tried to do it? Challenging four Racers? If so, that's not how it works. Go to the Meet's xml file and look for a <CarsPerRace>4</CarsPerRace> item. That's what defines how many cars participate at the same time. If the Meet doesn't have that item, just add it under <Drag> .

@Regash

Why should rim types affect specific car classes and not affect all car?

Custom Tire bonus will definitely be implemented, but I'm not convinced about the tire-class match bonus.

Also, I experienced no crashes whatsoever, buikdt runs stable for me.

Awesome! No more complaints about crashes in the comments section anymore!

I didn't understand.

Me neither, to be honest...

Why should rim types affect specific car classes and not affect all car?
    Custom Tire bonus will definitely be implemented, but I'm not convinced about the tire-class match bonus.

Was just an idea to make both our ideas work. Consider it brainstorming...

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

• Muscle Cars boosted Muscle Rims
    • Supercars boosted by High End Rims
    • Sportscars boosted by Sport Rims
    • Offroad Cars boosted by Offroad Rims

Also, I experienced no crashes whatsoever, buikdt runs stable for me. Everything else has already been mentioned.

You've got a fairly similar idea as me as to how tires should work, here is how I think they should work

1 Burnouts warm up your tires quickly, increasing grip for the race, although I think a 50% increase is too much, I think 20-25% increase would be more realistic, I also think that any tire type should benefit from transmission, as a racing transmission/competition transmission is better for initial acceleration, I also think cars with an engine upgrade but no decent tires or transmission should spin quite a bit giving them poor starting times.

here's how I think the math should break down.

So let's say we have a Super Car, we take the base speed and acceleration

Upgraded Tires give you +20% acceleration, but if you add
    Upgraded Transmission gives you +5% initial acceleration and +5% shifting reaction time
    Fully upgraded engine gives you plus +10% top speed, and plus +10% acceleration

That gives this car +35% acceleration, not counting tire grip from burnouts which I'll get to below

Now that's if a racer has upgraded tires, but the same numbers can be used in various ways, for example, say a racer enters a race with a fully upgraded engine, but has stock tires, we deduct 10% from initial acceleration, because those tires would spin more of the start, if they have no tires but a upgraded transmission, that gives them +5 bringing it to only -5 acceleration.

So tires at stock are worth 0%
    -10% starting time for engine causing spinning tires, plus 10% top speed
    +5% acceleration at start and +5% reaction time shifting.

Gives this car -5% starting time, +10 top speed, +5 reaction time shifting.

Since all cars should spin their tires to warm up, the only difference should be if there is a value tied to the time the tires spin for, for example +5% grip for every second of burnout time, if drivers had random small variations that could play a part, if not I think burnouts should be given a +20% max on extra grip, +5% for rim type, and as mentioned above +20% for tire type

I think to add much better variation having tire grip from burnouts set by the time it burns rubber is a better idea, but scripting is really @Eddlm realm so he'll know better if that is feasible.

• @Eddlm

I really like your mod but I think a race with several racers loses the essence of a drag, if I could just continue with the old 1.8, adding only the improved braking and the countdown.

• @tmvbr

I really like your mod but I think a race with several racers loses the essence of a drag, if I could just continue with the old 1.8, adding only the improved braking and the countdown.

Not all drags will be against multiple races, in fact only a select few will feature more than 2 participants.

Also, almost everything in Drag Meets 2.0 s customizable. You can simply go to the Meets file and set CarsPerRace to 2, and only two cars will participate each time.

• @mkeezay30 said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

You've got a fairly similar idea as me as to how tires should work, here is how I think they should work
    1 Burnouts warm up your tires quickly, increasing grip for the race, although I think a 50% increase is too much...

I took the 50 % from what I saw in the 1.9 Version I tested.
    There is +0,5 for warm tires, +0,5 for sport rims/tires and even +1,0 for High end rims/tires.
    So using high end and making a burnout took me up to 250 % grip, according to the notification at race start.

I didn't really calculate your numbers but you and @Eddlm are the more experienced guys anyway, so I trust your wisdom and would always be ready for more testing. :wink:

But I'm glad you're with me and my ideas here, so let's wait for @Eddlm s verdict...

Edit: I just realized, right beside Sandy Shore Airfield, there is a new meet for Offroaders. That doesn't work at all! :frowning2:

• Due to poles drivers can't find their way to the starting line.
    • Poles respawn everytime I went to the finish line and back.
    • Although all 4 cars reach the finish line, the race has been aborted.

• @Regash

Edit: I just realized, right beside Sandy Shore Airfield, there is a new meet for Offroaders. That doesn't work at all! :frowning2:

Lol man, 4x4 races are fun. This is not a simulator, remember that the realism I'm adding is to make things interesting, not actually for realism's sake. Realism's a nice touch, but I won't allow it to limit my fun.

Cars need to get to a complete still for the race to be considered finished. This causes issues as the player doesn't know this and drives around after finishing, i'll change it.

There is +0,5 for warm tires, +0,5 for sport rims/tires and even +1,0 for High end rims/tires.
    So using high end and making a burnout took me up to 250 % grip, according to the notification at race start.

GTA V Engine Power Multiplier starts at 1, so 250% is basically a 2,5 multiplier. Its not that much, don't worry. I can make it show up as something lower, like 125%, but can't actually set it to somehting like 1,25 because then there's almost no performance improvement, because how it works ingame.

I'm currently implementing something similar to what mkeezay30 has posted.

• @Regash said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@mkeezay30 said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

1 Burnouts warm up your tires quickly, increasing grip for the race, although I think a 50% increase is too much...

I didn't really calculate your numbers but you and @Eddlm are the more experienced guys anyway, so I trust your wisdom and would always be ready for more testing. :wink:

But I'm glad you're with me and my ideas here, so let's wait for @Eddlm s verdict...

• Due to poles drivers can't find their way to the starting line.
    • Poles respawn everytime I went to the finish line and back.

We've come up with quite a few ideas just since I last posted so it's definitely going to be a great script, I'll also be adding a few meets for people who use Menyoo or Map Editor to load up which make use of some unused areas in V, as well as adding more racers and more meets including sports bike and even at least one bicycle run just for fun lol.

@Eddlm is doing a lot right now to make races more realistic and varied, he can tell you about everything we've talked about for the script, and what he has coded so far, it's looking damn good so far.

• @mkeezay30 said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

We've come up with quite a few ideas just since I last posted so it's definitely going to be a great script, I'll also be adding a few meets for people who use Menyoo or Map Editor to load up which make use of some unused areas in V, as well as adding more racers and more meets including sports bike and even at least one bicycle run just for fun lol.

@Eddlm is doing a lot right now to make races more realistic and varied, he can tell you about everything we've talked about for the script, and what he has coded so far, it's looking damn good so far.

I'm realy excited to learn about all the good new stuff! :laughing:

@Eddlm about the Offroad meet:
    I didn't mean it didn't work as an event. I meant it didn't work technically, as the races weren't finished, the AI drivers couldn't get to the starting line by themselves and flipped cars mor than driving them. The idea in itself is awesome.

about the number crunching
    Like I said before, I have no clue about C# coding or how GTA stuff works. I'm old and stopped when I was able to write a decent BASIC programm. :laughing: All I can do is serve the info I get from the script, so I think you're doing it right but we're just talking about different numbers. All is cool, mate!

• @Regash

@Eddlm about the Offroad meet:
    I didn't mean it didn't work as an event. I meant it didn't work technically, as the races weren't finished, the AI drivers couldn't get to the starting line by themselves and flipped cars mor than driving them. The idea in itself is awesome.

You're right. It was one of these experimental meets i've been throwing around. You'll see more thrown around the map.

about the number crunching
    Like I said before, I have no clue about C# coding or how GTA stuff works. I'm old and stopped when I was able to write a decent BASIC programm. :laughing: All I can do is serve the info I get from the script, so I think you're doing it right but we're just talking about different numbers. All is cool, mate!

I'm no genius about coding either. And yeah, I agree.

You're right. It was one of these experimental meets i've been throwing around. You'll see more thrown around the map.

And right now I'm racing across the entire map to look at them all! :wink: All of what I write about those meets is personal experience from an unreleased, unfinished product, I know that. I just try to point out issues so they can be adressed if necessary.

Paleto Cove, Beach
    I think this meet has already been part of 1.8. (I mostly used the LS Airport, though.) The meet itself works just fine, only should be limited to Offroaders as there is a little creek right behind starting line that actually made it impossible for an AI driver in a Willard Faction to go across and stage at the start. About 20 respawn of the Faction later, I gave up.

Paleto Bay, Algonquin Blvd.
    The place it self is wonderful, very cool straight street, great for racing. Only thing is traffic, that actually prevented cars from staging at start, resulting in NPC drivers to go crazy and even on truckdriver getting out of the car, trying to beat me up.

San Chianski
    This meet is known from 1.8, if used it there. The train can be a pain but is okay but somehow traffic now seems to be much worse then in 1.8, resulting in raging NPCs. Again a Willard Faction wasn't able to get to the starting line and several respawns later, I again gave up.

Sandy Shores Airfield
    Only issue with this track is the very short braking space. After cutting down track length, this meet is awesome, I like it even more than I do LS Airport right now.

Grand Senora Desert Offroad Meet, right beside Sandy Shores Airfield
    Poles in the ground prevent AIs to drive properly, also preventing at least one driver from finding the start line. Races have all been canceled. I know that all vehicles must come to a full stop, so I did that now, but then something else happens:
    errors02
    This message pops up not at the start of the race but when this AI crosses the finish line. Then the race is canceled again, I think because that driver didn't cross the finish line after this message.
    Does not happen every time but rather often.

Grand Senora Desert, close to Los Santos Customs
    Awesome location, only traffic f*cking it up.

Bowlingbroke Penitentiary
    Also very cool spot, could also improve a little from removing traffic but the issue is a small one. return path is awful, though, AIs going back the track.

Sandy Shores, by the Alamo lake
    Awesome location, only traffic being the problem. Also, becasue of the "walls" around waiting area, some AIs don't really have an easy time going to the start line.

Lago Zancudo Bridge Track
    Again, location is cool but very heavy traffic there. Also, the way back is long as waiting area is under the brige on the beach. AIs that can't stage because of traffic will respawn at the beach.

Tongva Hills Offroad Meet
    Meet spawned okay, I pressed the button to join and got an imediate notification that I left. Couldn't test this location at all. Edit: Okay, got it, Offroaders exclusive! I tried to join with a Muscle. Now track is tested and it's okay! Maybe a popup that notifies you when you try to enter with a car that can not enter?

Palmer Taylor Power Station
    Very good track, only the return path is a severe problem. There is a road going around that could be of good use.

Ron Alternates Windpark
    As in 1.8, this track works just fine.

La Mesa Canal
    All is just fine

Terminal
    The braking space, especially on the right lane, is pretty short but otherwise this track works like a charm.

Elysian Island, Voodoo Place
    Braking space issue but works like a charm.

Los Santos International Airport
    No complaints from my side there. Everything works like a charm.

General things

• The routine for AIs to find their way seems to need some love, or at least, some more waypoints. The start on the San Chianski meet is on a bridge, the Faction didn't get the idea of height difference and went in a straight line. Right now, I'm under the impression, 1.8 worked much better in this way as I never had problems in San Chianski.

• Also, the routine for going back to waiting area needs overhaul, AIs drive just back on the track, even going between starting cars. Not optimal as you might have to swerve or brake to avoid returners.

• The past tense of the word "bet" is still "bet", not "betted". It pops up if nobody placed a bet on the winner. I know, minor issue but somehow bugs me. Also make it "Place your bets." Instead of "Make your bets." And lastly on betting: By the time I get out of the car and over to the paticipants, time is, most of the times, up. (Think about Lago Zancudo!) Maybe a window with numbers from 1 to X with the name of the car and you press the number on your keyboard? Or choose with controller? Window should be open as long as bets are being made, then close automatically.

• The track length multiplier seems to work like a charm, I've set it to 0,8 and every meet spawns now with a notification that, according to my wishes, the race will be xxx,xx meters today. Nice!

• A lot of tracks suffer severly from traffic. Since you can easily stop traffic as many other mods do (ENT or a Zombie mod I've used for a while) maybe shutting down traffic when spawning a meet manually and respawn traffic when meet despawns would be an adequate way to adress this.

• This leads me to the idea that maybe meets should always be spawned manually but there should be a way to despawn the meets as easy as spawning them. You might not "stumble" into an existing meet, that is right, I know. But don't people always go to those meets on purpose anyway?

Question 5: I just installed a mod that shows coordinates. Is there a way to add more than one point to the <PathToWaitingArea> part of the XML-file? So the AI wouldn't have just one point to steer to but would get an actual path with several points it will go through one after another?

• It is necessary to make the car before the race automatically teleported to the starting line. For example, if the car can not leave the car park (they are prevented other participants, or simply bot blunted), then after a while it will automatically teleport near the start. Well, as in version 1.8
    And I noticed that in 1.9, this function does not work.

• More noted that some machines can not spawn in the parking lot. Gives an error, but fashion is still working and in their place then spawn other machines. Perhaps this is due to machines with GTA online, who do not work on a single version. You can later try to make the car online from GTA also worked.

While spawning the Meet manually, or when they spawn automatically?

When I spawn it manually, the automatic feature was disabled in the .ini file.

• @Eddlm I've got a lot of new feedback from some hours screwing with the game :)
    In the Lago Zancudo drag meet the cars have the same problem: spinning in circles (but here it's almost every car in the meet).
    Some cars can't get to the starting line because of the traffic (it's GTA traffic, I know but it gets really frustrating after a while).
    So if you can please make something like closing the roads for the races.
    Another bug I found was in some races (Lago Zancudo in particularly) it says that I have cheated even though I haven't.
    In Paleto Bay, San Chinaski and Algonquin Boulevard has the same problem with the "missing PathToWaitingArea".
    In Grand Senora Desert meet (near the Sandy Shores Airfield) the racers can't find their way to the starting line and/or fall of the side of the hill and can't get out (probably because they search the fastest way to the starting line instead of finding a road back to the meet). And I am suggesting if you can lower the participants int this meet because it can get really crowded.
    In Harmony, Signal Street and the Prison, patrolling sheriffs and prison guards getting involved with the racers and the flare gun woman (because she uses a weapon to start the race, I don't have a suggestion about a fix to that problem :( ).
    Can you add a manual meet disband key (so you can disband the meet rather than going away for the cars to despawn)?
    Paleto Cove, Tongva Hills, Sandy Shores Airfield, Wind Farm, Terminal and the LS Airport everything works fine.
    And again no crashes! :)

• @Eddlm

I just realized now

That it is possible to find the runners going to the meetings, I had told you about this before, that stayed d +.

Please help me as I could insert all my cars that are in drivers.xml inside racers.xml.

One tip, I think the cars will just cool up for the muscles, supercars do not mean they could get sideways.

• @Eddlm

Frist off i want to say great mod. I have spent around 5 hours playing with the mod so far and its great.

One issue i keep having is after a meet has started and the first set of cars gets ready to go, after the betting phase theres a notification on the left above the map that says that a custom track length has been requested, which makes the finish line move way farther then it is suppose to be and therefore no races can finish. I have tried multiple meets and the same thing happens every time. I have no issues with the cars lining up or the meets populating but no races can ever be completed, they just keep running and failing. Any insight into how to fix this problem would be nice. Also having a way to end a meet other then driving away would be nice.

• @Eddlm Theres an issue I faced,Whenever i challenge someone or it is my turn
    Pops up an notification says Skipping race

• @Eddlm NVM it worked
    But While i was playing
    The Script made the race track WAY TOO BIG
    Its about 9KM in the ocean
    (I was playing the docks drag meet)

• @tmvbr said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Drag Meets 2.0:

@Eddlm
    Please help me as I could insert all my cars that are in drivers.xml inside racers.xml.

Give me your Drivers.xml and I'll try to update it.

Here is how your Drivers look like. Basically, what you have to do is to make them look like this.
    Basically:

• Move <ReactionTime> to the driver's main item as Reaction
    • Move <GearChangingAbility>to the driver's main item as Shifting
    • Remove the <Colors>and </Colors> items, leaving the colors themselves alone.

One tip, I think the cars will just cool up for the muscles, supercars do not mean they could get sideways.

¿?

• Yee

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.